2023 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, March 17 - 19

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: 2023 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, March 17 - 19

You want to look on the lap times?
Also the fact that cars had engine modes in qualifying.
There are many factors that Hamilton would be very familiar with why he said ehat he said.
For Sure!!

Sevach
Sevach

Bahrain 2014, 2 laps after the SC came out.

In 10 laps Mercedes pulled a 24 second gap, did that while going wheel to wheel with each other, Hamilton was on hard tires to boot.

SiLo

2014 Merc was probably further ahead of the 2nd best team than the 1988 McLaren.

Is the RB19 dominant? - its only been 2 races, we can't answer this just yet. It's looking very likely though.
Was the W05 dominant? - yes, quite possibly the most dominant car of the modern era.
Felipe Baby!

mendis
mendis

ringo wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:15
You want to look on the lap times?
Also the fact that cars had engine modes in qualifying.
There are many factors that Hamilton would be very familiar with why he said ehat he said.
I think Lewis has a short memory. He had admitted to it sometime back, that he doesn't remember a great deal. I buy that as there is evidence to it. He didn't know who Franz Tost was, he didn't know if there are points for finishing 8th and as such, he doesn't remember the margin he had on other cars in 2014/15/16.

Anyone that buys right to write his biography would have a hard time.

VivecF1
VivecF1

Memory often doesn't stay up with reality. It may seem that Red Bull are pretty dominant right now, but I'm (quite) sure I / we thought the same at the latest HAM Mercedes era, the VET RB era before that and the MSC Ferrari era before that.
The beginning few races of 2009 had some 'dominant' vibes to it as well.
Although I don't think this year we'll see double diffuser banned ;).

I believe the 2005 McLaren (especially RAI) was also in a class of its own... if it stayed in once piece...
Formula 1 Racing Statistics - Compare Formula 1 data

ringo

The early hydrid W0X cars had weaknesses, their dominance was born from engine modes and trick suspension.
They had their bogey tracks where the tyres just would not work, or the turbo doesnt work at altitude. Also Ferrari and Redbull could respond in season to catch up with development or regulatory restrictions.
This current dominant is a constant, no development can help the other teams, and Redbull play no tricks that can be banned, and the car has no weakness nor bogey track. The RB19 is invincible up to the stage.
Of course things can change in the races coming up.
For Sure!!

ringo

Sevach wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:18
https://i.redd.it/6t97r91346pa1.png

In 10 laps Mercedes pulled a 24 second gap, did that while going wheel to wheel with each other, Hamilton was on hard tires to boot.
This looks like gap to leader. Not gap to next car ahead. :|
For Sure!!

georgechou
georgechou

ringo wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:27
Sevach wrote:

So what? Do you have any logic? 7 seconds from 2 laps after SC between P1 and P3, is it enough to show the dominance of the car? The gap of last lap of Jeddah between VER who charged the battery for laps, ALO who did not, and RUS, is just a few tenth. Is it clear enough?

Sieper

Chuckjr wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 08:27
Sieper wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:33
Jos and Raymond Vermeulen (Max’ manager) just waited for Checo to celebrate with the team first and then congratulated him.

Maybe you shouldn’t jump to conclusions, or even act in bad faith? Look what you wrote. :wtf:
Maybe you should understand that not everyone sees the same video and from another perspective it looked how I called it.

In fact, BEFORE your post, it was pointed out he actually took part in celebrating and I thanked the poster for posting another version that showed this.

The hell else you expect me to do atp? Bow down and beg forgiveness? Jesus Christ.
“The hell” “bow down”, “Jesus christ”.

Language man, you can’t write that kind of stuff. First of all, I hadn’t read the rest of the thread, I just reacted to your post. Again, you are jumping to conclusions and have a go, just like you did on that original post. I knew Jos would have congratulated Checo, you just seem to think everybody who is Dutch, supports Max, or even is directly in his team is somehow a complete fanatic and that is simply not true, nor should you assume it. You don’t need to apologize at all, just in the future first assume the person is decent unless proven otherwise. Jos can be a bit much, but imho Max usually is quite respectful. I know he doesn’t have that image, and sometimes, yes, he is not (political) correct, but if you would watch him like I do you could hopefully see he, and his team, are not as pictured in the press.

Sieper

ringo wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:25
The early hydrid W0X cars had weaknesses, their dominance was born from engine modes and trick suspension.
They had their bogey tracks where the tyres just would not work, or the turbo doesnt work at altitude. Also Ferrari and Redbull could respond in season to catch up with development or regulatory restrictions.
This current dominant is a constant, no development can help the other teams, and Redbull play no tricks that can be banned, and the car has no weakness nor bogey track. The RB19 is invincible up to the stage.
Of course things can change in the races coming up.
Fully agree.

ringo

georgechou wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:17
ringo wrote:
Sevach wrote:

So what? Do you have any logic? 7 seconds from 2 laps after SC between P1 and P3, is it enough to show the dominance of the car? The gap of last lap of Jeddah between VER who charged the battery for laps, ALO who did not, and RUS, is just a few tenth. Is it clear enough?
So 2.4s per lap on average. Nothing different than what Vettel used to do in hia heyday. If i remember correctly he would be 5 seconds up the road in 2 laps before drs was enables.
All I was saying is this picture isnt showing anything related to what you are saying.
What tyres were the force Indias on? where was Williams which was a top car then? Where were the ferraris in that moment?
For Sure!!

georgechou
georgechou

ringo wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 01:02
georgechou wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:17
ringo wrote:

So 2.4s per lap on average. Nothing different than what Vettel used to do in hia heyday. If i remember correctly he would be 5 seconds up the road in 2 laps before drs was enables.
All I was saying is this picture isnt showing anything related to what you are saying.
What tyres were the force Indias on? where was Williams which was a top car then? Where were the ferraris in that moment?
It's very funny that you bring in Vettel. You just provided that there are at least two cars that are more dominant than RB19, which makes what HAM said, RB19 is the most dominant car he has ever seen, more absurd.

PlatinumZealot

Just got the time to watch the race.

Why was Max complaining about the driveshaft? Is it that he cannot come to terms that Perez is able to match and better his pace?

Many drivers do this and this is the first time I'm seeing this from Max. This is a good sign for the championship if Perez can apply pressure to get into his head somehow.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

organic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 03:21

Why was Max complaining about the driveshaft?
It was the driveshaft hat failed in quali causing him to start from p15. he said he felt vibrations at the rear and roughly at the same point in the race perez said to his engineer he felt something strange too, so there might have been something legitimately wrong we won't know.

Stu

PlatinumZealot wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 03:21
Just got the time to watch the race.

Why was Max complaining about the driveshaft? Is it that he cannot come to terms that Perez is able to match and better his pace?

Many drivers do this and this is the first time I'm seeing this from Max. This is a good sign for the championship if Perez can apply pressure to get into his head somehow.
Did you watch with the sound on mute! There was a very audible noise that changed with road-speed, normally indicative of a worn or mid-aligned bearing/shaft. This noise was only present later in the race.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.