2023 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 31 - April 02

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Stu

Re: 2023 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 31 - April 02

Wouter wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 09:56
DGP123 wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 09:50
Team staff banned by the FIA from jumping up on the wall and celebrating their drivers finishing at the chequered flag. Penalties will be served.

Pathetic
I think it is absurd!
FIA clamps down on F1 team pitwall fence celebrations

Formula 1 teams now face a penalty threat if any of their personnel climb the pitwall fence during chequered flag celebrations, Motorsport com can reveal.

The move effectively brings the end to a long-standing tradition of team staff waving their successful cars home at the end of races, and will come into force from this weekend’s 2023 Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park.

The new enforcement development began in Melbourne with the release of F1 race director Niels Wittich’s pre-weekend event safety notes, which included the line
“it is forbidden to climb on pitwall debris fence at any time” and referenced Appendix H, Article 2.3.2 of the FIA’s International Sporting Code – rules that are enforced across the motorsport categories sanctioned by the governing body.

Part of the rule that covers this particular situation regarding climbing pitwall fences states that “team personnel are only allowed in the pit lane immediately before they are required to work on a car and must withdraw as soon as the work is complete”.

It continues: “It is forbidden for personnel to climb on pitwall debris fences at any time. Any action by a team breaching this ban will be reported to the stewards.”
Very pick point here, is the pit wall considered a part of the pit lane?

I would imagine many will be able to guess where I’m going with this….😁🤦‍♂️
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

chrisc90

Does that technically include team who operate the pit wall then? Since they are team personelle?

I wonder how long it’ll be before we see a little rooftop section above teams pit walls with ladders to celebrate that way

langedweil

What a sad and silly ruling.
Put Masi back as of today, Wittich is an idiot ...
HuggaWugga !

Wouter

Stu wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 16:41
Wouter wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 09:56
DGP123 wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 09:50
Team staff banned by the FIA from jumping up on the wall and celebrating their drivers finishing at the chequered flag. Penalties will be served.

Pathetic
I think it is absurd!
FIA clamps down on F1 team pitwall fence celebrations

Formula 1 teams now face a penalty threat if any of their personnel climb the pitwall fence during chequered flag celebrations, Motorsport com can reveal.

------------
Part of the rule that covers this particular situation regarding climbing pitwall fences states that “team personnel are only allowed in the pit lane immediately before they are required to work on a car and must withdraw as soon as the work is complete”.

It continues: “It is forbidden for personnel to climb on pitwall debris fences at any time. Any action by a team breaching this ban will be reported to the stewards.”
Very pick point here, is the pit wall considered a part of the pit lane?

I would imagine many will be able to guess where I’m going with this….😁🤦‍♂️
Those fences are so extremely strong in construction that they stop an oncoming racing car.
They are there to protect the people who work behind it.
Like those people would climb in there if that would be an unstable/shaky fence! #-o
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

What's with all of this aggressive fun policing? First the bikes are gone. Now this?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Efficiency can also be useful: in all four straights it will be possible to activate the DRS, as highlighted above, and given the lack of hard braking during the lap, the management of the ERS will be indispensable.
https://www.formu1a.uno/anteprima-gp-da ... di-jeddah/

Are RB designing these circuits? :lol:

boiler
boiler

Didn't they outlaw the fence stuff a decade or so ago? How did it come back only to be banned again?

They can use these on the grind to help park the cars......

https://www.amazon.com/Striker-Adjustab ... atf_m&th=1

I personally like this option one for each wheel.......

https://www.amazon.com/Assistant-Retrac ... r_hp_atf_m

search

any update on the weather? Looks like it's going to be mainly FP2 and maybe FP3 which could be wet?!

organic

search wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 19:38
any update on the weather? Looks like it's going to be mainly FP2 and maybe FP3 which could be wet?!
My guess is we'll see some long runs in fp1 because fp2 does look like it will be rain affected

Saturday is expected to be very cool relative to Friday and Sunday, so it's certainly going to be interesting this weekend in terms of setup.

Changing conditions for sure

search

yeah, definitely looks like it. At 12°C, maybe Ferrari and Haas will be the only teams to get heat into the tyres ;)

organic

Car upgrades for Australia
Last edited by organic on 31 Mar 2023, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Not sure what’s worse. The jewellery farcicle or the climbing pit wall

organic

Wrong thread. delete
Last edited by organic on 31 Mar 2023, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.

fourmula1
fourmula1

Would love to see things get spicy between Sergio and Max this weekend. And then maybe Alonso and Leclerc? Alonso and a Merc? Just want to see some battles on track! Seems I’ve got a knack for for setting myself up for disappointment…

kediown

Scarbs was saying there are at least 2 other teams using an "S-duct" other than Ferrari. Did we get to know who are those teams? :D