F1T fantasy competition 2007

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Spencifer_Murphy

Well last year I devised the rules by looking at how some other F1 Management games on the webv worked. I looked at all their rules and took some inspiration from all of them making a set of rules which encompassed the best bit from a variety of sources.

How many teams are possible is hard to say because you dont want to say to anybody that they cant join in, its not fair. But also we have to rememmber thatit takes time to calculate the results. When sebbe gets his excel spreadsheet debugged we can get a better idea. The best would be to have some sort of system whereby we can all download a copy of the spreadsheet, input our own data and get our results. Those results could then be sent to sebbe or myself, we could double check them, then post them.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

sebbe
sebbe

Well, here we have my interpretation of drivers, chassis and engine costs. Of course I'm willing to discuss them. I have a brief description of the different classes I rated to set costs.

DRIVERS

5 stars Champion

Alonso (E) 22.500.000
Raikkonen (FIN) 21.000.000

4 stars Upper Middle Field

Massa (BR) 18.000.000
Kubica (POL) 17.000.000
Barrichello (BR) 16.000.000

3 stars Middle Field
Button (GB) 16.000.000
Fisichella (I) 15.500.000
Trulli (I) 15.000.000
Webber (AUS) 15.000.000
Heidfeld (D) 15.000.000
Wurz (AUT) 14.000.000
Schumacher (D) 14.000.000
Coulthard (GB) 14.000.000

2 stars Rookies w/potential

Kovalainen (FIN) 15.500.000
Rosberg (D) 15.000.000
Hamilton (GB) 14.500.000

1 star Lower Rank
Albers (NL) 9.000.000
Davidson (GB) 9.000.000
Sato (J) 8.500.000
Sutil (D) 8.000.000
TBN 1 7.500.000
TBN 2 7.500.000

5 Stars.
Needless to say these two guys were the only ones with enough balls to battle Michael Schumacher (he-who-won't-be-named) last year.
4 Stars. I put Massa here because we haven't seen a lot about him; a bad start of the season -with a bad engine and new at Ferrari-, and a wonderful end of the season, with the class of its field car. I’m not sure whether he's good or not. Kubica has a lot of potential and he's already outplaced Heidfeld on every opportunity, plus he's very young. Barrichello has all the experience, he's won races and I think he still have what you need to win races.
3 Stars. Here are the most erratic drivers; very good races, very bad races, classifies very good, or very bad, stupid mistakes, very clever maneuvers, but nothing consistent.
2 Stars. Young drivers or rookies with a lot of potential. Obviously Hamilton and Kovalainen are here. Kovalainen has more experience as test driver than Hamilton, hence he's more expensive. Rosberg had a regular season last year, spectacular crashes but he was very good at some points during 2006. Since I've just eaten wonderful Italian pasta and a good red wine I'll give him another try.
1 Star. TBN -to be named- whoever they are, they can't be much expensive than 7 and a half coins. Albers and Davidson pilots than haven't shown all their potential. Sato, well... Sato... A lot of experience but very dangerous and irregular (C'mon!, let's don't start it again! I'm being as politically correct as I can!)

CONSTRUCTORS

5 Stars Premium
Renault 10.000.000
McLaren 11.000.000
Ferrari 12.000.000

4 stars Upper Middle Field
BMW 10.000.000
Williams 10.000.000

3 stars Middle Field

Honda 7.000.000
Toyota 6.500.000
Red Bull 6.000.000
STR 6.000.000

2 Stars Lower Rank

Super Aguri 4.500.000
Spyker 3.500.000

5 Stars.
No matter how bad Mercedes engine is, McLaren's chassis is always the class of its field (I'm not talking about how good these guys are at managing their budget). Renault is the cheapest of the three options but very, very good. Ferrari the biggest spender but not as good as Renault or McLaren.
4 Stars. Williams makes miracles with low budgets. BMW have a huge momentum.
3 Stars. Honda and Toyota bigger spenders. Red Bull and STR cheaters at that tricky situation with Red Bull Technologies or whathever-that-legal-chikane-is-called.
2 Stars. Super Aguri, we don't know if they're going to run with a Honda chassis. Spyker has to make some miracles! Low budget and no test!, jeez, these guys are bold!

ENGINES

5 stars Superior

Renault 8.000.000
Ferrari 8.000.000

4 stars

Mercedes 7.500.000
BMW 7.500.000

3 stars

Honda 6.000.000
Toyota 6.000.000

2 stars Customer
Ferrari (Customer) 5.000.000
Honda (Customer) 4.000.000
Toyota (Customer) 4.000.000

5 Stars. Best engines in the track in 2006.
4 Stars. Mercedes' underpowered weak engine and BMW's powerful but not-so-reliable beast.
3 Stars. Alot of power but not very reliable.
2 Stars. Honda and Toyota, pretty much the same as BMW; they claim a Customer engines, not sure they belong in this Championship anymore. Besides it is complicated for "the" spreadsheet to calculate the results! (Ok, it is me...)

RULES PROPOSAL
DRIVERS

Qualifying
:: The driver who completes the fastest lap in the 3rd qualifying round will receive +10 points.
If a driver recieves an engine penalty he will recieve pionts based on his qualifying lap time.

Example, if Fernando Alonso sets the fastest time in the 3rd qualifying session but has a ten place grid penatly for changing his engine he will still get +10 pionts.

The Race
:: Each Driver will be awarded 1 point for each lap completed in the race.

:: Each driver will generate +2 points for every position gained from their starting position on the grid to their final placing. Drivers will not lose points for losing places between the starting grid and end of the race.
Example 1. David Coulthard starts the race in 5th on the starting grid - and finishes 1st in a race. He has moved up 4 places so will gain 8 points.
Example 2. Fernando Alonso qualifies for pole position, but has to change engines and so is penalised 10 places on the grid - and finishes 2nd in a race. He has moved up 8 places from his starting position, so will gain 18 points.

:: If a driver does not gain / lose any places from starting grid to race finish he will be awarded +5 points

:: Drivers that finish the race in the top 8 positions will score points as follows;
1st - 10 points 5th - 4 points
2nd - 8 points 6th - 3 points
3rd - 6 points 7th - 2 points
4th - 5 points 8th - 1 point

CONSTRUCTORS
Each Constructor has at least 2 cars in the race - you will be awarded points based on the performance of both cars.

:: +10 points for car finishing the race
:: +25 points for both cars finishing the race
:: Additional +5 points per car for finishing in the top 8 cars in the race.

ENGINES
You will be awarded points for the performance of your chosen engine:

:: +20 points for each car with your chosen engine finishing anywhere in the top 3 positions in the race.
Example. If the top 3 are; Ferrari [Ferrari], Mercedes [McLaren], Toyota [Toyota] - then the Ferrari, Mercedes and Toyota each score 10 points.
If the top 3 are; Ferrari, Ferrari, Mercedes - then Ferrari score 40 points, Mercedes score 20 points.

Ok. Here it is. You can make all the comments and suggest as many changes as you want. As anybody else -other than Spencifer and me- have offered help to organize the "F1 2007 Fantasy Game" we will be as democratic as possible; but the final decision will be ours.

Regarding the proposal for rules, I noticed giving 5 points per position gained during the race wasn't really fair for the guys who had pole and didn't loose it. It is easier to stink during qualifying and gain ten places (hence, getting 50 points) than to win 5 points for retaining your place if you're 3rd or 2nd. In the end the driver performance was much important than the chassis or engine for a team.
So that's why I propose a change of that rule; just 2 points for place gained.

Deadline to propose changes to the rules will be February 10th.
Deadline to submit your team will be March 1st 12.00 GMT (I'm on vacation until March 18th, so unless Spencifier helps me here I won’t be able to add new teams).

You can send your team logo to my email account so I can put it on the famous spreadsheet.

Think about it and let's discuss this!
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

Sawtooth-spike

ummm, why is button 3 stars?

Last time i check he beat RB by a clear 26 points?

And i know Fisi is abit dodgy, He is going to be sitting in one of the best cars on the gird, he can and has won races. should he not be in 4 star?

Kubica was great in the last season, but i think its a little early to put him in 4 star.

Oh and what about renualt Customer engine

Good work on the rest though,
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

sebbe
sebbe

OK, I was wrong.
I now I'm biased against Fisico and Button. I'll fix that.

I'll give Kubica 3 stars, Fisico and Button will be 4 stars and Barrichello will be...? 3 stars? Help here!

I love the feedback, but I've seen only one reply to my post. Are you still interested in our Championship guys?
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

Scuderia_Russ

Just a note to say don't start this '07 game without me. I know I'm not online very often these days but I definetely want to be involved in this years game if I can so please don't start without me!! :D
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

vyselegend

Yeah count me in too! Last year I missed the train, but this year I'll beat you all. :P

I agree Fisi and Button should be 4 stars, while Kubica should be cheapest, since he's still a rookie after all.
It would be a easyer to know the overall budget everyone start with. Since you don't precise it, I guess it must be the same as last year, €50 000 000 wasn't it?

Can you redefine the rules about if we must choose 2 drivers, one engine and one team, or can we buy 5 drivers, no team and engine? or 2 engines, etc.

Also, isn't it a bit unfair that there are 6 Ferrari's engines on the grid, against 4 Hondas, Renaults, Toyotas, and only 2 Mercs and BMWs..?

Sawtooth-spike

I would still put my money into the renault engine against the ferrari.
I think u would get better results out of the Redbull and the Renault than the Spyker, STR and Ferrari. But thats just me.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Ted68

So, when do we start????

sebbe
sebbe

Deadline to propose changes to the rules will be February 10th.

Deadline to submit your team will be March 1st 12.00 GMT (I'm on vacation until March 18th, so unless Spencifier helps me here I won’t be able to add new teams).

A lot of complains about me putting Kubica as a 4 stars driver... Okay, he will be a 2 star driver despite all he's achieved last year , but he will be the most expensive of the rookies (you have a bargain here, if you want to pick him...)

I forgot to put the rules of the game, you can check them in the General forum, those are sticky subjects, it's easy to find them. Once I get the definitive version of all the rules and prices I'll publish them.

Ciro, I need another "fuerza canejo!", they're kicking my butt here at the office.

What would you use five drivers for, vyselegend? A team with no chassis?, no engine?
I don't understand your question.

ketanpaul

Barrichello should probably be in 3 stars. Even though he is a nice driver he wasted the first half of the season correcting the car, and tried to adapt his style in the second half. He is clearly not thinking straight and wanted to be the no. 1 in Honda right away. I guess he underestimated Jenson's popularity

sebbe
sebbe

Here are the original rules according to Spencifer.

"Picking a Team:
First you must choose a team name. You have a total budget of €50 million to choose a team comprising of the following:

3 x Drivers
1 x Constructor
1 x Engine

Each driver, constructor and engine is given a value based on previous performances and their potential for success during the 2007 season (i.e.: the most expensive drivers, cars and engines will be those predicted to be the most successful).

Once you have selected your complete team you must submit it to start scoring points. To submit your team just PM me with the team details.

Prizes
The Winner will get a budget increase of £5,000,000 for 2007. Second place will get a budget increase of €2,500,000. Anf third place will get a budget increase of €1,000,000 for 2007."

We are getting closer to know who the three top teams are. I'll wait until everyone agrees with the results (a very big Thank you to Principessa!).
You can start sending your PM with your team name at least, so I can know how many members are interested.

vyselegend

sebbe wrote: What would you use five drivers for, vyselegend? A team with no chassis?, no engine?
I don't understand your question.
LOL, you're right, 5 drivers without a car won't win WDC. (unless one of them is Chuck Norris) :wink:

But as I understood the thing, the game is just about scoring points, and you can score with just an armada of drivers.

I wasn't part of the game last year so I'm unfamiliar with it. The question was: Are you forced to built a team with engine chassis and drivers since you can score points with just engines, drivers or chassis? Anyway that doesn't matter, it was just curiosity, I'm OK with picking a whole package.

Can you confirm the default budget of 50 000 000?

EDIT: I see you've answeared my questions while I was writing, so don't bother with it.

sebbe
sebbe

Never mind, it was fun answering your questions. :lol:

So far there's only one team "Team Södra Vabis", mine :D

Ted68

And Kubica's new cost is...?

m3_lover

I was thinking of having the submissions up on a new thread so everybody gets to see the picks and the new logos of the team... Also since it will be posted on the board... we can have the deadline on friday march 16...5 minutes before the first practice starts? I just want to see how testing goes before the start of the australian GP?

Should there be a minimum amount of posts made by our forum members because on other forums people do not respond or just enter for the sake of it.. its get frustrating. Also is there a size requirement for our logo ? Can the logo's be Gif's to have some neat animation?

Also I think it would be neat to have pictures of your Team Principal, Technical Director, Team President, Technical Director (Engine) Where your base of operations is? Who your title sponsor is (I.e-like panasonic toyota or AT&t Williams..something like that)? These are some ideas I had.. Also if we do the pictures and base.. just put them after your submissions for the 2nd Annual F1 Technical Fantasy F1 Game :) (i.e in the same post)

Press Release....

After starting 13th and finishing 4th...Team Hugh Jazz would like to offer its graduations to the team. To motivate its team for the coming year, Team Hugh Jazz will adopt the policy of not coming in 1st place in ever race... all the members (including drivers) will have to wear boobie tassles. In the coming weeks we will introduce our new technical staff.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.