What would you add to F1technical?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
modbaraban

Re: What would you add to F1technical?

Tomba wrote:I have just updated the forum
Huston, we have a problem!

Each time I click on a smiley I'm sent to the forum index page! When I click on a smiley in the additional 'View more smilies' window nothing at all happens.

OMG! BB-code buttons above don't do anything either! None of them! O_o

PS: I'm using Opera. Yesterday everything worked fine and I didn't update my browser since.

Steven
Owner

Indeed... , I will look at it later today.

Sorry for the discomfort. :(
Please let me know if you find more problems.

EDIT: Smiley problem in the posting page is solved!

modbaraban

Everythnig seems to work fine. =D>
Thanx!

pipex

Tomba wrote: I have just updated the forum (that one turned out to be a pain in the ass), and also improved the display of "related topics". I hope you like it ;)
Thank you very much Tomba, i'm sorry to hear that it was difficult to implement, but i'm glad that it's working well now :)
Yesterday i asked myself "what is going on?" when i couldn't access f1technical :lol:
Thanks again :)
"We will have to wait and see".

modbaraban

One more thing. I've just stumbled upon this and I'm not sure if this is in any way connected with the recent update, but if you'll look here, you'll see some problems with old URLs.

timbo

One the article for McLaren MP4/7A the pictures are MP4/8.
Sorry for being nitpicky)))

Steven
Owner

timbo wrote:One the article for McLaren MP4/7A the pictures are MP4/8.
Sorry for being nitpicky)))
Fixed ;)

ced ampo

A glossary for everything about f1. And a part of the forum specifically for f1 engines

Steven
Owner

ced ampo wrote:A glossary for everything about f1. And a part of the forum specifically for f1 engines
Like this one? http://www.f1technical.net/glossary/ :D

Belatti

ced ampo wrote: And a part of the forum specifically for f1 engines
Like that one :arrow: viewforum.php?f=4

:lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

donskar

F1technical is already great. =D> I visit several forums daily; this one is the best.

Would be nice (and impractical) to have more active moderating to delete political rants and WAY off topic posts.

Would be nice to autodelete "pronouncements" from certain posters that declare that their position is beyond debate: "Max is great; FOTA is corrupt, and that's a fact." Or at least encourage some posters to learn how to type "my opinion is" or "I think." (But maybe they can't really think!) :lol: :lol:
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Steven
Owner

donskar, we have put ourself into 6th gear after we found that a little bit of extra moderating is indeed wanted.

To all, please do not hesitate to continue giving feedback. You should just ask yourself for a minute what you would change if you'd like to make this site grow even more quickly. Your comments will be much appreciated!

ESPImperium

Current Season Stats section.

Basically a section on chassis usage engine milages, gear box usage and other "usless" stats and data that i have.

I have some time to spare to keep that section of the site up to date.

Jersey Tom

Add free beer.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Giblet

Tomba,

What I would really like to see, is a Digg.com style area at the bottom of each news article, for registered users to comment on that particular article, which will help keep the forum a bit less clustered, and as the news article fades into obscurity, the comments for it will always be attached, making searching for news related threads waaaay easier. No need to start a new forum topic for us to chat about a news article.

Have you also considered adding the Digg or Reedit style up/down buttons? This way, if one of the articles here gets dugg up like madd on digg, then you will get the Digg effect, as thousands of users show up for the one article to read. But that can be good for click revenue, and at the end of the day, I know you are not in it for the money, but the money is always nice.

You deserve some.

You should also add a donation link, to try to recoup some of your time/money you have burned for US.

What do you think?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute