Introduce yourself here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Carlos

Re: Introduce yourself here

Welcome to F1Technical, I hope you enjoy the forum. We have a lot of members that are engineering students, but I think you are the first in electrical engineer. The KERS and Regenerative thread are bound to get interesting in 2009 with all the new developments. Welcome

woohoo

HI!
I just joined yesterday, and forgot to introduce myself.
Im just a basic Formula 1 fan.
I have no knowledge of the F1 car, or any for that matter, but I am keep to learn.

I am a fan of Ferrari, and of BMW Sauber (Go Kubica!!!)
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

pipex

Thanks Carlos!
Its nice to be one of the firsts 8)
My friends always tell me why i didn't study Mechanical Engineering instead :lol:
"We will have to wait and see".

shubhamone

hiiiiii everyone....

i am shubham sharma from new delhi , india.....

i am pursuing computer science engineering from delhi college of engineering(dce)....

although i want to become a mech and auto. engineer but couldnt get mechanical in any of the iit's...

i'm a die hard formula1 fan....

i like all the teams and drivers in f1(they all give there 100%)......

but favourites r schumi and massa....

eagerly waiting to see the likely delhi gp in 2010.....

i really like the concept of this forum and now addicted to it.....

all hail f1 technical.net......... =D> =D>

schumimassa

hi fellas loving f1 than whoever else

This is my very first time here
im really happy to know this fantastic f1 online world satisfyng me enormously^^.
nationalty is korean we ll host first ever grand prix in the year 2010
lets go there together yo
i ve been f1 fan since i was 10 when ayton was high and being my hero as everybody else
unfortunately i 'ven't seen most of his game as lack of broadcasting
Now i can enjoy grand prix live coverage luckily
As u can see schumi and felipe two of them are my finest lately

GTO

As you may already know by my avatar, my favorite dream car is the 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO. When it was produced, it was the fasted production car with top speeed of 189mph and I just fell in love with it's curvy hourglass shape. =P~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_288_GTO
http://www.web-cars.com/gto/1984_f-gto.php
I'm a Mechanical/Piping Designer from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I got interested in F1 when the late, great, Gilles Villeneuve won the 1978 Canadian GP in a Ferrari.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Villeneuve
His passionate driving style instantly drew me into F1 and thus my love for the red cars. 8)

andartop

hello everyone, i m andartop, greek living in the uk, love formula 1 and wrc, cars in general, moto gp as well lately. unfortunately i m no engineer but a dentist. please, if you ever hear of an F1 team looking to employ a dentist let me know. favourite drivers include nuvolari, fangio, gilles villeneuve, ayrton, MS, and of late fisico, trulli, webber, alonso, kubica, vettel. sworn ferrari fan but i m mostly in it for the show, so never mind if we lose as long as we lose spectacularly. thank you for creating and hosting this site!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

dumbdave

Hi all!

Another Mechanical Engineering Student, im part way through my MEng at Warwick in the UK.

Always been an F1 fan since i could sit still long enough on the sofa :D

Dave.

Josep Sunyol

Hi all, I'm new here. Just re-signed up to this lovely forum. I actually had an account but I forgot the username of it, it was a while back as I only used it for awhile.

I'm going to be here regularly now. I've been following Formula 1 for 5 years. My favourite driver is Mark Webber. I think he is v.unlucky and he would've had more podium finishes if it wasn't for his car. I hope a bigger team picks him up like BMW or even Renault (no offense to Red Bull Racing).

I am looking forward to the night time race in Singapore. My favourite track is Catalunya because Barcelona is my favourite city in the world.

I am currently living in Brisbane, Australia and been to the Melbourne GP once. I'm planning to go to the next one because it might be the last. :'(

I hope Melbourne seriously accepts going under lights otherwise Australia will lose its F1 race.

shir0

Re:

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Venom wrote:Thinking about going to uni to study engineering (mechanical) but the fact that I'm too lazy doesn't help.
C'mon Venom, you have what it takes. The only thing more expensive than studies is not to study.

Besides, there is no lazier people than students! :)

Don't I know it, Ciro...

I'm shir0. It's not my real name but it's also kind of have been for the last 10 years since it's the nick I use in all forums I'm a member of and in all games I've ever played. Which probably gives you an idea for why my following statements are true...

I'm a failed Mechanical Engineering student and a failed Civil Engineering student. I've been a student of both fields until the final year, and in both instances, I was too lazy to make my final design thesis, thus, resulting in flunking. Luckily, I've found something easier for a LAZY student to learn...I.T. :mrgreen: (no offense meant to you, Tomba)

Like I said on my previous posts, I'm just a forum lurker. I never stay at a forum for more than a month. I browse for informative forums and so far,after 6 years of doing so, this forum is just the fourth one I had bookmarked. Please forgive me for not contributing to technical discussion of mechanical aspects of F1 as I may have some knowledge, but I don't have the authority to make it stick...so I guess I'm not one of Ciro's kind-of-guy after all... :shock:

I've started watching Formula 1 when Mika Hakkinen became a major contender for the F1-WDCC.

<opinion-mode>
I think that if Mika didn't put his racing suit in the closet, he would've made MS's life a lot harder 'til he retired.
</opinion-mode>

I also like WRC but where I am right now and even where I used to live in, WRC is only shown in a "high-lights-only" format.
"Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in [my suit], which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!"- Sebastian Vettel, 2009 Malaysian GP Friday Practice.

pipex

Hi,
shir0 wrote: I'm a failed Mechanical Engineering student and a failed Civil Engineering student. I've been a student of both fields until the final year, and in both instances, I was too lazy to make my final design thesis, thus, resulting in flunking.
Hmm, i think that you got what it takes to be an engineer, after finishing nearly all of the courses for each discipline. Maybe is not just that you're too lazy, and it's something related to your professors that didn't motivate you enough to get that last thing sorted. People work in different ways, maybe you needed an extra help and motivation to get things working, in the form of a friend, a classmate or professor. Maybe its not completely your fault...
However, i'm glad that you found something to do :), good luck!.

Just my 2 cents...

Best regards
"We will have to wait and see".

GTO

To Josep Sunyol...I'm curious to know who is the person in your avatar? Looks like a very old pic.

modbaraban

GTO wrote:To Josep Sunyol...I'm curious to know who is the person in your avatar? Looks like a very old pic.
Unbelievably that is Josep Sunyol himself :D

Rodzilla

hi everyone

im just an f1 fan from australia with no technical background, so unfortunately i cant contribute to the technical discussion

but ive been following formula 1 since 96 and i believe i know a great deal from the sporting side of it, i was a great fan of schumacher and now i have naturally shifted that support to massa

Beemer4

Hi
My name is Beemer4 and very interested in F1, GP2, F3, Formula Palmer Audi and A1GP. My favourite teams would have to be Ferrari, Super Aguri, Force India and BMW Sauber. My fav. drivers include Massa, Heidfeld, Kubica, JPM, Raikkonen, Kovalainen and Senna. This is a great site and hi to all the current members of this site.