Introduce yourself here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
CevertF1

Re: Introduce yourself here

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I've been a fan of F1 since 1970, sadly I seem to jinx all the teams and drivers I support :(

I first was a fan of Jochen Rindt, then Francois Cevert, Elio de Angelis, Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher. Not a good pattern huh?

I've not really supported a team or driver for the last 2-3 years but this year I decided to put my support behind McLaren (sorry guys.. Yeah,look I'm jinxing them already) in the wild hope of revitalising the McLaren Honda glory years.

..sorry McLaren fans

dm477

Hello everybody.

I am a PhD researcher looking at technology transfer between Formula One and Automotive industry. I thought I would introduce myself here and start participating in the discussions.

Gonchi

Hi my name is Javier, I'm from Uruguay that's why my nickname remembers the greatest Uruguaian driver ever, Gonzalo "Gonchi" Rodríguez.

I'm 33 yo and have been watching F1 since I remember. I've never been a team fan, always support particular drivers. My dad was a Senna fan, and I needed to be against him so my first pick was in 1984, obviously I picked the #1, Nelson Piquet. In 1991 I needed to choose a new Senna rival and the young german star was an easy choose then. In 2006 knowing that was Michael's "last" year, I have the same opportunity and after a great overtake in Bahrain against Klien I chose Rosberg.

Gonzalo was a heroe here in Uruguay. A small country with no big sponsors. He was such a great driver and most important a great human being.

Now supporting Santi Urrutia, a young driver who is facing the same problems Gonzalo did. Sponsors. But he has the support of all the country!

Phil

Hi everyone,

Some may be looking at my profile and noticing that I've already been a member here for nearly 1.5 years... so I guess it's been long overdue that I finally make a post in this topic..... :oops:

My name is Phil and I'm from Zurich, Switzerland. I'm 32 years of age (well nearly), first grey hairs making their appearance too, which may or may not be a result of all the drama surrounding F1. The fact that I am a fan of Lewis Hamilton probably helps too. :twisted:

Anyway, I started watching F1 during Schumachers/Ferraris domination years, although it was more of an on/off experience at the time. 2007 really was the year when I started watching on a regular basis and from the 2009 season on, I never missed a race (and watch 98% of them live). I've been a fan of Lewis ever since 2008 (before he won his title, but *after* he lost in 2007, being quite anti-Lewis during that year), but that doesn't stop me from admiring the ability of other drivers all the same. I'm not really a fan of any particular team, though being Swiss and living around ~30minutes away from Hinwil, I of course like to see Sauber do well. My main interest in F1 boils down to being quite passionate about cars and racing in general. I find the technology within F1 to be nothing short of fascinating, which is one of the reasons I started following this forum on a regular basis, months before I decided to create a profile.

To those noticing my profile pic - I drive and track a Lotus Exige (supercharged by Bemani) on a regular basis. When I don't, I like driving to the alps and driving mountain passes. My profession is in IT as a computer programmer and specialize in mostly internet services.

Lastly - the reason for signing up at F1T is quite simple: Before posting here, I used to post regularly at PH, but quickly grew tired of all the bickering. I've always come to admire the knowlege on anything F1 related that can be found here and the high level of discussion is beyond any other forum I've ever seen. =D>

Cheers Phil
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Tim.Wright

CevertF1 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I've been a fan of F1 since 1970, sadly I seem to jinx all the teams and drivers I support :(

I first was a fan of Jochen Rindt, then Francois Cevert, Elio de Angelis, Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher. Not a good pattern huh?

I've not really supported a team or driver for the last 2-3 years but this year I decided to put my support behind McLaren (sorry guys.. Yeah,look I'm jinxing them already) in the wild hope of revitalising the McLaren Honda glory years.

..sorry McLaren fans
I think we found the cause of Fernando's testing accident...
Not the engineer at Force India

MartijnA3

Also new here.

Have been an F1 fan since '94, I've been active on the AtlasF1/Autosport forums for a wile now and to be honest, never knew this forum existed. I'm not so technical, but curious and eager to learn, so happy to see the details of the cars discussed here!

Punch

Hi! Just registered :D
Im from Norway, Last semester of Mechanical Engineering at NTNU.
Participated in our Formula student team Revolve NTNU for 3 years. Made suspension parts such as uprights and bellcranks.

Manfer

Hello everyone,
Manu here. I am a graduate Aerospace Engineer from Toronto,Canada. A big fan of Ferrari F1 team. Im proud to say ive not missed a single race in the past 8 years. I have been visiting the site regularly for the past few months, although i havent really posted anything up here.

Thanks
Good day to you all =D>

alexcharles

Manfer wrote:Hello everyone,
Manu here. I am a graduate Aerospace Engineer from Toronto,Canada. A big fan of Ferrari F1 team. Im proud to say ive not missed a single race in the past 8 years. I have been visiting the site regularly for the past few months, although i havent really posted anything up here.

Thanks
Good day to you all =D>
Wow you haven't missed any F1 racing from 8 year ....great =D> =D>

Tom.Ace49

Hi there fellow f1techies.

I am a south african F1 nut, playing formula one games on console since f1 2005 on PS2. I've platted all the Codemasters f1 games plus Gran Turismo 5 & 6.

I've also been working on f1 fantasy leagues since 2011 which I would like to share with the forum at some time.

Im a McLaren fan...
"The crowd cheered as if it all made sense" - Clive James 1982 Formula One season review (Monaco)

harry12

Hi I am harry from uk currently studying engineering.

V12-POWER

So well, long time lurker here. The amount of knowledge in F1 overall techs and mechanics was astounding - but, it's my daily dose of inspiration towards my goal. As a 15 year old, have only only two things in mind - race and build engines

techieng

hi.. na name is techie

Emmcee

G'day everyone, iam new here and hope to enjoy good conversations on formula one. Iam from Australia and a huge senna and ricciardo fan. Good to meet you all and cheers.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

Gabii

Hello there !

I'm new on this board, I came here because it seems to be a great source of knowledge. I've been lurking for a while now and thought i would join in and try to contribute :D

Cheers !