Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Feliks

Re: Intake Valve

autogyro wrote:Practically all engine technology peaked during WW2 with aircraft piston engines.
The best sleeve valve's were the Bristol clunk head and the Napier Sabre.
Since then it has been variations on the same theme using better materials and passing the design skills in major part to computers, which are restricted by only having data bases with the already done ideas and maths.
There are very few engineers with imagination like in the old days.
IC engines are in any case obsolete. There is an electric vehicle revolution going on under your noses and electric motors can be more powerful and far more efficient than internal combustion.

O yes , you right.

Pcb are possible in 2 half part.

Two ribbon cable, and sensitive electronics put outside of hot engine.
On PCB only magnets and coils , and nonsensitive electronics filled with resin.

Andrew :D

But there are also helicopter or aviation piston engines to which it will be sufficient to add the light disc made of the thin metal sheet after all and we have the outstanding starter and the generator .
And we lost about 20 KG.

autogyro
autogyro

Felix
You are tuning a Fiat 126 engine under 2 litres, is this right?
If so and if fitted with a sports or race camshaft, try using a Weber 45 DOE or a 48DCD downdraft carb.
Jetting should then be from around 180 to 200 on air corrector jets and from around 100 to 165 on mains. Play around with the pump jet sizes.
Biggest power gain would be a compression increase to 11.5 to 1 or more depending on octane available and a good chamber and port job.
I would not use megaphones but tuned length exhaust manifold with the two end pipes into one and the resulting three into one collector. Each seperate primary pipe 18 inches long and the over all length to the outlet 72 inches. Make it longer and saw bits off until pick up is ultra crisp. Loads of variables so should keep you busy.
I use the electric motor generator in the gearbox and for gear shifts as well.
Cannot tell you more because of confidentiality.

Feliks

autogyro wrote:Felix
You are tuning a Fiat 126 engine under 2 litres, is this right?
If so and if fitted with a sports or race camshaft, try using a Weber 45 DOE or a 48DCD downdraft carb.
Jetting should then be from around 180 to 200 on air corrector jets and from around 100 to 165 on mains. Play around with the pump jet sizes.
Biggest power gain would be a compression increase to 11.5 to 1 or more depending on octane available and a good chamber and port job.
I would not use megaphones but tuned length exhaust manifold with the two end pipes into one and the resulting three into one collector. Each seperate primary pipe 18 inches long and the over all length to the outlet 72 inches. Make it longer and saw bits off until pick up is ultra crisp. Loads of variables so should keep you busy.
I use the electric motor generator in the gearbox and for gear shifts as well.
Cannot tell you more because of confidentiality.

I thanks reply .

Exactly the same I thought how you were advising me .

Yeah so so: when he already switched the engine on, I started selecting for him main nozzles fuel. And here surprise. From the proposed scope I will put any nozzle (110 - 190), the engine behaves very strange.
Practically didn't react to moves with the throttling valve. When closed, had 3200 Rpm, when open on maximum throttling valve had 3600 Rpm . !!!!

I did these attempts one week and nothing, farther is ignoring throttling valves.
Whats doing??
I thought, around at such violent opening oneself of out port and very blare, an out arrangement can play a significant role .

In next 3 weeks I made "doctorate" in exchausts .

I noticed, that at the determined length of outlet pipes, the engine worked on different rpm. For example 35 cm long pipe he had 4000 turnovers, at the length 70 had the cm 3200 rpm. And of course farther ignored throttling valves completely. These turnovers set him lengths of an exhaust pipes .This work for all mains jets (110- 190).

Using cones prctically not change. Little change rpm 3400 to 4000 rpm .Thats all.

One day, instead of to switch the engine off electrically, stand by it and I bent with hand leading the tube fuel to the carburettor, since I thought that he would burn fuel down in the chamber of the carburettor and he won't spill for me they at the next exchange nozle.But for facilitating these experiments I fastened the throttling valve permanently open, behind the help of the screw .
And when I kept the pipe this way blocked with fuel, suddenly the engine went in to some 10 000 rpm (throttling valve maximum switched on). Very much I got scared, but I understood that all the time the engine had a too big main fuel nozzle.

What nozzle you know on did the engine start delicious working properly? On 80 !!
Orginal BMW 2002 ti have nozle 135. Sqare 80 x 80 =6400 , sqare 135 x 135 = 18225
It's exactly 3 more .

Namely one cylinder of my engine is sucking so much air as 3 bmw 2002 ti cylinders ~~ 1500 cm^3 !! Bmw 2002ti has at 6200 rpm 110 hp .
It would mean that my engine has 110 x 1,5 = 165 hp.
And at 10 000 rpm about 260 hp!!!!

Many thanks Autogyro =D>

Also all cases associated with exhalations, will change fundamentally as a result of this sudden leakage of gasses. And old science not must be confidentiality. :D

Regards Andrew :D

Feliks

Principe oscillating disc dynamo (pendulum)

Red Pin :

Regards Andrew

PlatinumZealot

I see how it works.. =D>

That is good! Maybe you should get it built.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Shrek
Shrek

I wonder if you could make a different kind of KERS with that?
Spencer

Ciro Pabón

Excuse me, but I don't get it. How exactly that thing works? Any chance of an explanation for the electronically impaired, like me?

... and the experiences with the nozzle are out of this world.
Ciro

Shrek
Shrek

What i was thinking when talking about KERS is that the middle blue part is a rotor that is imbeded with heat resistant magnets if they make such a thing, and the outer parts are calipers that recieve the electricty.
Spencer

autogyro
autogyro

Shrek wrote:What i was thinking when talking about KERS is that the middle blue part is a rotor that is imbeded with heat resistant magnets if they make such a thing, and the outer parts are calipers that recieve the electricty.
I believe the design is for wave power harvesting.
To many out of balance forces and resulting increased weight for a Kers system.
In any case the next generation of Kers and hybrid systems are going to be far closer integrated with the power train.

Feliks

The new harvester machine:
Or swimmer too....

Andrew :D :D

Feliks

Now I will describe the entire technology of modification swimmer.

Made a cheap swimmer :

1.To buy old sea containers.

2. Weld some diagonals new part too to improve the stiffness,

3. To paint the container this way modified with method of the bath in rustproof paint.

4 . Put for means container maximum polystyrene foam packed into strong plastic sacks.

5. To close the container tightly.

5. Through the small hole to fill up under the pressure with the foam polystyrene foam.
(automatically expanded one's volume)

6. We have a long time live swimmer weight about 3000 kG , and volume 33 m^3
Sum we have 30 000 KG (30 Ton) displacement force each .

Redy too using In oscillatory dynamo or water pumps make energy.

Feliks

That if to fill all unused spaces up on ships or planes with this polystyrene foam, most probably they stood unsinkable .

Thanks to the fact that it wouldn't be possible to sink them,
a lot of people so that it is possible to rescue.
And next
then to the shipyard it would be possible to tow away .

Recently I noticed ,that the aircraft would be very useful by the ability to swimming
Two days ago :

BBC

tu142

If such a shortcut poliuretane foam for construction of such parameters:

Specifications specific gravity after hardening 11 - 16 ,3 kg/m3* Base polyurethane Productivity of 825 ml – 66 litres * c 100 mb of the stream about the diameter of 5 2 cm * Pyłosuchość 8 - 10 minutes * Time of processing 15 - 30 minutes * Time of hardening from 5 up to 48 h (full mechanical load capacity) * a free access of air is Necessary. One should not apply foam in rooms closed tightly. Resistance to UV rays weak in outside applications one should shelter the surface of foam from the UV radiation. Structure of cells of c 70 % smoothed, evenly closed cells thermal Resistance after hardening from – 40 ° C to + 90 ° C (short-term to + 140 ° C)

15 bottle give 1 m^3 (1000 litres) cost about 80 $ , this can swimm 1 tones

Tupolew 142 have 80 ton weight 80 x 15 = , need 1200 pieces bottles this foam .

All cost of foam 80 x 80 $= 6400 $.
Whole weight of the foam to allow the total buoyancy such an airplane is 1200 KG
It is only 1% of the total weight of the aircraft.

Wig area is 311 m^2 , 80 m^3/ 312 m^2 = 0,25 m the average amount of surface foam on the inside wings. I think that in this plane is so much unused space.

And such buoyancy of the aircraft would also be found useful for Airbus over the Atlantic, as well as the Boening over Hudson.

Feliks

Straight structure of dynastarter brought the thought to mind for me in order on the similar principle to do electric brakes and the electric assisting engine on the not-drived pivot of the car .
Instead of the flywheel I used the brake disc from one side having small teeth made an incision.

They are also put on the PCB plate green "pins" in the bulk. http://www.new4stroke.com/greenpin.jpg

Such an arrangement allows on not-drived pivot to carry the electric brake out also. Yeah but very much work opportunities of such an arrangement are also an important case on not-drived pivots, as the electric motor driving wheels directly. Perhaps it won't be such an excellent drive as classical 4 x 4, but in critical situations can replace such a four-drive arrangement. I think that it is possible to name him 2 + 2.

And have a electronic lock.... simile ABS
Regards Andrew :wink:

autogyro
autogyro

Interesting idea and definitely thinking out the box.
However, the wheel brake idea would markedly increase unsprung weight.
It would also have to be compared to a shaft and chassis mounted generator when considered for use on the front wheels in a 4W Kers application.

I can see a possible application of your 'swing' generators though.
How about recovering energy from cornering forces?
It would depend on how much the system upsets the handling.

Your system might well work for road applications. I would start by trying to integrate the magnets into the actual road wheel at a fairly large diameter. Tyre compounds would then have to be altered to allow for the high electrical braking generation.

Feliks

autogyro wrote:Interesting idea and definitely thinking out the box.
However, the wheel brake idea would markedly increase unsprung weight.
It would also have to be compared to a shaft and chassis mounted generator when considered for use on the front wheels in a 4W Kers application.

I can see a possible application of your 'swing' generators though.
How about recovering energy from cornering forces?
It would depend on how much the system upsets the handling.

Your system might well work for road applications. I would start by trying to integrate the magnets into the actual road wheel at a fairly large diameter. Tyre compounds would then have to be altered to allow for the high electrical braking generation.

Very well, very much quickly you are accepting good ideas. It is the most appropriate way to more further developing these new ideas. These ideas need it, because they are still very fresh, and through of nobody farther not worked out.
It is interesting how this proposal will still develop .

On therally Paris- Dakar can??
I very much apologise, but I forgot that on this forum the part of readers had motorbikes......

I propose for them 1+1 system ........

Ps.In good taste there would be a use microstepper elctronic for the fluid movement ... :idea: