Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Feliks

Re: Intake Valve

And about half rotate.

Star engines were characterized biggest always force density

Below picture of the star half rotate around 10 (40) with "cylinders". for the transparency of the picture one can see only 3 additional "cylinders" more than is at the animated film.
One can also see dimensions of the whole of the engine in the assumption that every cylinder has such dimensions for the picture half rotate with the set connecting rod of the Sulzer D= engine of 900 mm and stroke 2500 mm .

So 10 (40) "cylindrical" engine half rotate about the same working capacity in comparing to the Sulzer 10 engine cylindrical on the picture below .

Sulzer: 10 Cylinders 20 m long , 15 m hight , 1500 Ton weight

Half rotate star : 10(40) "Cylinders" 4,5 m diameter , 4,5 m long
about 70 ton weight.

And most importantly.. Since in the engine half rotate mass innertia are several times Sulzer smaller than in the engine, engine half rotate can work with the much greater rotation speed.
Slzer : 102 RPM 60 000 KW

Half rotate 250 RPM 150 000 KW

In same intake work volume .

Regards Andrew:D

Sure the engines of cars will be similar proportions
3 litre engine would be the one big as 6 litre pot. Perhaps will fit between legs for the driver??? :o

Feliks

"Half rotate 250 RPM 150 000 KW "

But we only need 60 000 KW What doing?

Yeah so ,we will reduce dimensions half rotate some 2,5.
this dimension are ~~ 3 m dia and 3 m long , 40 Ton ......

But it then again will give us the possibility of increasing RPM. Maybe to 400 RPM?

And next reduce ..... where are border this steps ???

Border is are very small engine :o

Andrew :D

Feliks

They want to cultivate the Christmas Eve, going behind the tradition in Poland which is telling us that on this special day one should be reconciled with all people which are surrounding us. My wishes of the vision Merry Christmas and modified return to sources that is poped valves.
I think that with traditionalists an approval will also take place in this special day.

My proposal it is modified poped valve which let for very effective picking up the warmth by chilling with intense stream of oil.
Thanks to widening the leading part of the valve to the maximum dimension which can only to fit in the nest , the surface of the joint of the valve with the head repeatedly was increased.
Thanks to widening the leading part of the valve to the maximum dimension which can only to fit in the nest the surface of the joint of the valve with the head repeatedly was increased. much simpler sailing across the warmth causes it to the well chilled head. a here also omitted Valve Guide which is usually of materials worse being a heat conductor than aluminium stayed. the additional crack of the baulk still became the Valve Guide to head liquidated in this new structure of the valve. The new structure allows to move heat to the head very efficiently. with valve quide omitting, and big relatively with area.
In the new structure it is an important thing, that inside valve on 3 / 4 one's length is feeling empty inside and has the enormous area for the exchange of the warm with chilling oil.
Chilling jst oil passed to the middle of the valve with the help of two tubes from which the very intense stream of cooling oil is flowing out.

I think that at such a construction of the valve, the temperature of the valve should not exceed 500 degrees Celsius, and NOx coming into existence in a combustion chamber can be limited about about 80 %

It will also be possible to increase the efficiency of the engine by increasing the degree of tensing, or else there will be no great temperature in a combustion chamber what the significant reduction of self-ignitions will cause, and will cause more laminar burning.

And the most important case. Since temperature of the new valve on 3 / 4 his lengths she should not be bigger than the temperature of the head, it will be possible to resign entirely from devices for placing valve clearance, since the sum of the expandability of the new valve and the expandability of the head will be approximately similar.

therefore keeping valve clearance of manner will be unnecessary as a result of the same complete expandability of the valve and the head.

Below I am describing two models of the latest version of valves, and the disintegration of the temperature on the length in the traditional valve.

Marry Christmas Andrew :D

Feliks

If valves don't need valve clearance , it is the most considerable problem desmodrom will disappear .

Perhaps therefore it is possible to come back to old good desmodrom

Happy New Year, for all Friends.

Regards Andrew :D

Carlos

Feliks - Thank you for your generous good wishes this New Year.

There is one other way to cool valves, with a similar idea, filling the valve with a liquid, it's an old idea - sodium filled valves:
"Sodium filled valves are used when extra cooling is required. The hollow valves contain sodium which melts during engine operation. Valve action causes the sodium to circulate, removing heat from the valve head. The heat travels up the valve stem (3) and is transferred to the cylinder head. Coolant channels in the cylinder head (shown in green) carry the heat away." autoeducation.com

The last production car (that I can remember) that used sodium filled valves was the Citroen SM.

Always enjoy your posts and look forward to your innovative solutions to many interesting problems. Good to have you here at F1Technical. Thanks Feliks.

Feliks

"Salt water extraction"

http://www.new4stroke.com/pompa.pdf

And sallt water Tank:

1 m^3 / sec if H = 100 m give ~~ 1 MW ( 1000 KW) electric energy

Regards Andrew :idea:

Feliks

[QUOTE=DIAF;65941559]Feliks,

Thanks for starting your thread again.

Please come up with a way to stop the oil gusher in the Gulf of Mexico.

Sincerely,

All of us.[/QUOTE]

I present my visions to resolve this difficult problem of stopping the oil slick:

You must first prepare a specially made item to seal the leak. It must have a large size that is 60 feet tall and 60 feet in diameter at its widest point. at the bottom of this item, please place a special knife around the bottom edge. Knife must of course be made of very hard material, such that will be able to cut all the metal parts that will be on its way

In his way will certainly be a lot of old items damaged hole.
Of course, that this knife can cut through all the elements needed to operate a very large force.
And here once it wisely:
So, yes, prepared some of the new valves (of course, completely open for the moment) should leave the head in the fire, so was in the middle of that item, the item with the valves can say, weighing about 100 tons. This does not allow the weight placed on its bottom remains the old structure with a knife.
But this element has a conical tank shown in the figure, which is thrown from the vessel through a pipe can fill it with concrete or specific, or a ball of iron. Its dimensions are 60 feet in diameter and 30 height. The size of this "cone" will be about 3,000 cubic meters (m ^ 3).
If you will fill it, for example, iron is its weight increased to approximately 21,000 tonnes. feel that this burden is not cheap, it was a knife to cut all the metal parts that are on the road. Ellement pockets certainly say that the bottom about 20 feet. It will seal.
The next step will be to close the new valve at the top of the item. Later, these valves will work even with the new pipe attached.
I think that despite the high oil pressure is also created so much of the burden will be able to seal the damaged head.

This is the first underwater press cutting iron

Further refinement:
Through small holes in the bottom of the cone, the possible leakage logic accumulate in the reservoir at the bottom, where an additional procedure of evacuated tube to the platform.

And that little bit more help with entering into the seabed:
Dawson Double Acting Hydraulic Impact Hammers

Regards Andrew :idea:

Polish texthttp://www.new4stroke.com/Polskitext.htm

autogyro

Good ideas.
However, would it be possible to operate such a heavy device at such a great depth?
I believe the depth is the main problem.

Feliks

autogyro wrote:Good ideas.
However, would it be possible to operate such a heavy device at such a great depth?
I believe the depth is the main problem.
Thanks,
About Dawson I'm not sure, but if the operating pressure hydraulic is 270 bar, then seal it should withstand 150 bar (1500 m). The rest, like I guess, properly distributed weight, such as water pressure, they should not interfere with it work.

http://www.dcpuk.com/images/library/fil ... MER_UK.pdf

Regards Andrew :)

tok-tokkie

The problem appears to be that the well pipe below the seabed surface is poorly installed and probably damaged. If they seal it at the seabed it is feared it will rupture lower down & the oil will escape outside the tubing. The present effort is to capture as much oil as possible without creating back pressure in the tubing - hence the loose fitting cone on top of the cut off pipe so that pressure can escape. Meanwhile the relief well is being bored so that cement can be injected to seal the damaged pipe from the bottom.

Live view of leaking oil below the capture cone: http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_interne ... ROV_2.html

autogyro

Hang on.
I am not an oil well engineer so perhaps someone can explain the train of events that has resulted in this oil disaster.
I am certain that there was an explosion and a huge fire on the surface on the platform.
How was this triggered by an oil pipe rupture at or below the sea bed?
I know there is also natural gas present in most geological oil deposits.
Is there a seperate gas relief system that perhaps placed pressure on the oil pipe and valve, or are we not being told something here?
The under water video does not seem to show any system for gas.

tok-tokkie

1. They had finished drilling & were sealing the well off so the drill rig could move off to another job. (They were 42 days over schedule).
2. The well gets sealed with a cement plug at the bottom in the pipe. (In fact 2 usually spaced apart).
3. The pressure of the oil (caused by dissolved gas) is balanced by filling the pipe with heavy drilling mud). The mud density is adjusted so that the weight of the column of mud balances the pressure of the gas/oil. The mud gets pumped down the hollow drill shaft to also cool the drill head & flush out the drillings. It returns to the surface in the annular space between the drill tube & well bore liner.
4. After the cement plug has set the mud is pumped out by pumping sea water down to displace the mud.
5. The bottom plug had been set and the sea water was being pumped down when the bottom plug failed and the oil pressure blew part of the drilling rod up the casing. The gas escaped at the top & ignited. The gas & oil that blew out the top continued to burn.
6. Several short cuts and sub-standard procedures had been followed on this well. It is uncertain how sound the well casing is so it would be dangerous to cap it at the surface lest it fails (or is already holed) lower down. Oil escaping deep down and eroding a path through the rock to the seabed is the worst case scenario.
7. One of the short cuts was failing to properly seal the annular space between the hole and the casing. That is done by fitting centering spiders to the outside of the casing then injecting cement into the annular space. The lowest of the casing segments (they get progressively smaller the deeper the well is). It should have had 21 centering spiders (not the correct name) but BP fitted just 6 or 7. If the casing touches the side of the bore hole then the cement can not seal the casing into the bore properly and leaking oil can erode away a rat hole should it find it.

EDIT: I was wrong. They were not busy with the bottom plug at that stage. They had done the cementing of the lowest casing into the bore hole. The step 7 of my list.

Feliks

autogyro

Hi Andrew
Congratulations on achieving such a great result.
Yes this engine will work fine and has some interesting potential IMO.
However, using the overhead crankshaft is actualy the first step in developing the 'sleeve valve' engines used in the last of the piston engined performance aircraft of the 1940s and early 50s.
Replace the two pistons with a moveable cylinder liner and move it up and down and side to side to uncover intake and exhaust ports with a small crank driven off the main crank in the lower crank case.
The culmination of this technology was achieved by Rolls Royce with the RR Crecy engine of 26 liters and a potential of nearly 5000bhp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Crecy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeve_valve

This engine was a supercharged two stroke with stratified charge and was fitted with a turbo/generator much as I would use one on a Wankel hybrid.
I would like to continue development of this engine type in an attempt to reach the ultimate peak of internal combustion efficiency.
My first idea would be to make the sleeves free moving and control them with electromagnetics. This would free up the engine for much higher revs and some enourmous power outputs.

Feliks

Drive for pump or oscillating dynamo:

Will it be possible the new World Energy Policy in line
with this map ??

http://www.new4stroke.com/Heightwave.PDF

Regards Andrew :D