Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Feliks

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Compare the speed with which the headrest will swim to the surface of the sail of 10 m ^ 2 and the wind of 5 m / s.

And now a windmill with a diameter D = 3m and also velocity of 5 m / s, which gives the power of 0.3 Hp.
and serve to drive the screw boat.
Now compare that with the boat that run much faster ???

It seems to me that, however, by usin 'the wind turbines are inefficient and primitive.

But surely the best helicopter pilots know that the strength of fast-rotating propellers is huge ..

Andrew :D

Feliks

Feliks

[quote name='gruntguru' post='4676256' date='Oct 28 2010, 23:33']Try to follow the logic in my post. If you keep making the venturi constriction smaller the power goes up and up. Wrong! You cannot get something for nothing. There is only so much power in the wind flowing through a given cross section area and conservation of energy says the power will not increase as you move along a venturi. A good windmill will extract 50% of the available energy from a given cross section area of wind. There is no magic that will increase that by a factor greater than 2, in fact 59% is the (Betz's Law) limit for wind turbines of any type so modern wind turbines can achieve over 80% of the theoretical limit.[/quote]

Oh yes, this theoretical limit of 80%, but for the most primitive machinery ?
And there is an error in assuming that we count the most primitive machine.
Plain sail is much more perfect than a windmill.
And here we see that the wind has a lot more energy than even 100% of the energy windmill

See how high can the waves rush in, only at the surface, blowing. The waves are also wind energy

The nozzle wenturi use all surfaces of the input, multiplied by the weight of the wind (the amount of air flow in kilograms)
And it is this mass air flow causes the nozzle is formed in high speed. Even after leaving the nozzle cone is longer than the cone input. The air mass of his "draws even more through the nozzles

This is just like a sports car exchaust tubes . When calculating the length and diameter, are taken into account also the mass of gas flowing.

And there is no mass flow of great importance in the calculation of the weight just pulls out their remnant gas from the cylinder, and even causes an inflow of fresh air. Without any widmil.
Note that in my last example, is given by the mass flow entrusted Venturi. And it amounts to 48 tonnes per second. It is the burden of two wagons loaded in 1 second.

A pipe with a length of 500 meters and a diameter of 100m, at a speed of 15 m / s
there is a 1600 tons of air, which has its energy.

This is the weight of two freight trains. Try to stop them. Ride at 50 km / h

Regards andrew :D

Feliks

[quote name='gruntguru' post='4676641' date='Oct 29 2010, 09:53']Read the article. This is the absolute truth and applies to any wind turbine.

It might take a while to get your head around Betz's law, but unless you do, you are not in a position to dismiss it.

EDIT. By the way, 16 MW is the TOTAL power in a 100m diameter disc in a 15 m/s wind. Any machine extracting more than that has disproved the 1st law of thermodynamics - a perpetual motion machine.

I'm not an executioner. I help people with this type of issue for a living.[/quote]

Well, that warning was fuller, that I give you that for a Venturi entrance diameter of 100 m and wind speed 15 m / s flows as much air and treatment by 230 pieces CF6 engines of Boeing.

However, one more proof that the sails are much more efficient than the windmills.
Last Polish sailing ship "Fryderyk Copin" broke the mast in the North Sea and towed to Falmouth.
http://www.fryderykchopin.pl/?id=o-zagl ... techniczne

As you can see in the data sheet, the speed of an internal combustion engine Hp Scania 538 is 9 knots.
However, a sailing speed of 16 knots. Sails area is 1,200 square meter..

Obtaining such a ship speed of 16 knots just by driving it through the internal combustion engine would involve a minimum of about 2000 Hp.

However, the speed of the ship has been on their sails, even if it sails can not be exactly perpendicular to the direction of swimming, because it would obstruct each other with the wind.
So I have to be at a high angle to the direction of flow, which also means that only part of the force obtained from the sail, pushing the ship forward.

We can assume that the pool surface that can sail power forward. That is, 600 square meters.
This ship has the speed at 12 m / s wind.

And now Let's calculate how much, under the windmill can give us an area of 600 square meters of the wheel at a speed of 12 m / s

6 About the same perpendicular usable space as the ship sails00 m / 3,14 =191 , 191 sqrt =13,8 m , 13.8 X 2 = 27 m D widmil.

About the same perpendicular usable space as the ship sails.

Well, now we calculate how much power will give us a windmill with a diameter of 27 meters and wind speed 12 m / sec.

(12 x 12 x12 x 27 x27 / 1530) 0,4 = 326 HP

As you can see from the calculations where the power produced by the windmill is several times smaller than the engine power needed to flow the speed of 16 knots. (Teoretical 2000 Hp)
So you can tell from this example that the power produced by a windmill is 6 times smaller than the power produced by the sails.
or even this theory, the 100-meter windmill has 16 megawatts of power theory is not the absolute maximum power which disposes of the wind flowing through it.
According to this calculation gave the sails to six times more, - 30 megawatts.
Yes, I recommended that slowly read the theory about the new use of the wind ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navier%E2% ... _equations

However, the perpetual motion I would be careful. Because God every day we founded the thunderstorms. You know how much there is electricity? and does not need to use either sail or wind, in order to make electricity out of nothing.
And new dixieland:

Regards Andrew :D

Happy Halloween !

Feliks

It is proposed to be called Venturi widmill: " The Cube Turbine "

Do you know that such a large cooling towers at power plants are made of reinforced concrete walls with a thickness of 12 cm on average?

I'm very curious if that work well, though for that tip wentturi Inject and burn some fuel.
The calculations on the calculator Venturi, that, if the temperature of the air flow would be about 60 degrees Kelvin higher, the speed of the jet that increased by 50% !

If this is not too much to add, that was such a low temperature turbine engine
During low-wind, he could give a little energy.
It was like a ramjet engine
ramjet

jet helicopter

Well, such a complete install on the mountain. Would give as much energy as the whole of Poland produces.

Sniezka

flynfrog

Andrew I have little of any value to add to your thread but keep up the good work I enjoy reading about your ideas and the results of your tests.

Feliks

flynfrog wrote:Andrew I have little of any value to add to your thread but keep up the good work I enjoy reading about your ideas and the results of your tests.
Einstein gave the only formula E = mc ^ 2, and that was enough. No one asked for it to build nuclear power plants ..

My model shows that the venturi nozzle we have V ^ 3, and this is important...

And again, a mistake...

And to be towing a boat areostar....

And in the middle of a venturi nozzle areostar with two such fans...

Merry Christmas to everybody

Feliks

New animations half rotate engine:

And in scale 1:1 350 ccm intake volume:

http://www.new4stroke.com/halfrotatedxf.dxf Save file

Regards Andrew :idea:

Feliks

or" Twin Feliks "

or other new patents...

The cylinder can be made from an aluminum extrude...

Feliks

Save these PDF files on your computer and print. These are drawings of the 2-liter engine on a scale of 1: 1

http://www.new4stroke.com/section.pdf

http://www.new4stroke.com/long.pdf

Ciro Pabón

Feliks, is it possible to use the same engine as a valve? You know, like your new 4 stroke engine did with pistons, but with "smaller" feliks engines in place of valves. I cannot imagine how, btw.

Thanks for EVERYTHING. I love how laconic you are. This thread rules among all threads in F1Tech.
Ciro

Feliks

Ciro Pabón wrote:Feliks, is it possible to use the same engine as a valve? You know, like your new 4 stroke engine did with pistons, but with "smaller" feliks engines in place of valves. I cannot imagine how, btw.

Thanks for EVERYTHING. I love how laconic you are. This thread rules among all threads in F1Tech.
Thanks too.

"Twin Feliks"

And with the precision control valve, you can only dream.:tsk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_REQ1PUM ... re=related

Every cent given to the development of the "old" technology is turer wasted ... :roll:

Ciro Pabón

Enlightening, master. Best video in years.

However, I meant to use the same engine as a valve, not cylinders, like in your genially chévere previous one. Something like this:

Double-double Twin Feliks. You need a single feliks for intake and another one for gas exit, so I guess you need two single feliks for the valves at the top, working 180 degrees out of phase, and the same contraption at the valves at the bottom, that's why I call it double-double. A feliz engine?

Pardon my hurry in cut/past, in the end you get kind of an square block.

Another option would be, instead of two single feliks on each head, working out of phase, side by side, to use a twin feliks in the same configuration of the "original" you drew, one chamber on top of the other. I mean, you control intake/exit using the same engine, rotated 90 degrees, and connect the intake of the "main engine "to the "top valve chamber" of the twin feliks, that now serves as valve, with a couple of ducts, if you get my drift, while the "lower valve chamber" controls gas exit, or viceversa.

The link of the "feliks valves" to the main engine "output" wheel (that now must serve to move the "piston/valve" head), is of course wrong in the previous "drawing". I would connect it to the "main engine" output link, giving you, perhaps, a "precision control valve" in the same way as the cylinders you drew, but you won't need crankshafts and the cost/complexity associated with them and their bearings and lubrication, nor cylinders with (wearable) rings.

I mean, as you used pistons in a piston engines as valves, now you use four (or two twins) feliks as valves in a twin feliks engine. The air is compressed into the main chamber (and flow controlled) by the intake valves and sucked and controlled in the same manner by the exit valves.

What I like more of this "design" (if it can work is a design, if not it is a "design", with quotes) is that is modular. The valves could be (in principle!), of the same size of the main chambers, giving you an engine that carries its own spares...

Besides (let's go crazy) you could inject the fuel in the feliks valves, so it arrives to the combustion chamber already well mixed.

Of course, you could avoid all this and simply use half of your original twin Feliks design as a valve of the other half, but I guess you already thought of that while reading this post.

I like it. What do you think? I can think of more improbable improvements, specially around the seals in yellow. Please, don't laugh too hard, master Feliz, I can see many problems here, including the fact that an engine must be an air pump, I know, and the path of air is not "clean" or "straight", but... it's fun to let thoughts wander while we admire your thread.
Ciro

Feliks

Big air cooled

Small air cooled

star halfrotate

And "Stephenson second"

And story this inventions "step by step"
Story half rotate engine

Feliks

The wind energy. Harrier is driven by the wind, the helicopter also...In order to receive a flow venturi nozzle which is in the engine Harier ( 200 KG / sec ), then you need only 6 meters in diameter and 25 length.... and 5 m / sec wind...

With the movement of 200 Kg / sec Harrier has a string of 10 000 KG....

http://fleep.com/earthquake/