McLaren MP4-23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Lewisfan007
Lewisfan007

Re: New McLaren MP4-23

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum....I think the new McLaren is great. I don't think the spainish will record a correct time even if Lewis Hamilton, was the fastest. I believe Lewis, is much fast then what there are saying. Last year Lewis was faster then Alonso in testing in the same car.

checkered

Hm, who are

these "Spanish" recording false times for Hammy and to what end? I think the teams can trust their telemetry ... don't call in the MI6 just yet. Even with this (apparently to some, suspect) timing, Kovy was indeed clocked doing a light lap in 1.11 flat. That was 0,662 faster than the closest rival, and for better measure a 0,698 seconds faster than what Alonso did with MP4-22 around this time last year ... with traction control. Talk about making points all around ...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Lewisfan007 wrote:Hi Everyone I am new to the forum....I think the new McLaren is great. I don't think the spainish will record a correct time even if Lewis Hamilton, was the fastest. I believe Lewis, is much fast then what there are saying. Last year Lewis was faster then Alonso in testing in the same car.
Wait....let me see if I understand you, you really like Lewis right? :roll:

Another thing I should add, welcome to F1Tech.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

megz

Now while this isn't about the MP4-23 but can anyone tell me what sort of revs the engine in the MP4-20 reached and an approximate power output? Same thing for the MP4-21.

I've google searched both engines names: Mercedes-Benz FO 110R and Mercedes-Benz FO 108S and found nothing, can anyone help?

bizadfar
bizadfar

mp4-21 pre season 18200rpm, 710hp
By Brazil it was one of the highest revvers, up there with BMW/Ferrari. I would say 20500-20700, possibly more.

MP4-20, I forgot much about it but I would say around 19k rpm.

Zycban

I noticed these photo's on F1today. They are from today's testing session. Anybody know what the horizontal carbon part is for?

Maybe they are aerodynamical or just for testing purposes only :|

meves
meves

I believe they will be for wheel geometry recording but I may well be wrong!

Zycban

meves wrote:I believe they will be for wheel geometry recording but I may well be wrong!
This post: Click explains a lot of it.

meves
meves

Cheers for that an IR sensor sound more plausible but i thought they could accurately measure temperatures anyway? I was thinking of this but you're right it isn't!

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge.ph ... catID=2925

axle
axle

They couldn't be for aero as they exceed the max dimensions etc...

It's probably full of sensors, IR, air temp (brake air being exahusted) etc etc. Possibly for testing different gasses in the tyres??
- Axle

Metar

So, McLaren are heading to Menorca again. Last time they sent a car to the islands, they returned with the nosebridge. What next?

chasefreak
chasefreak

mclaren are one team that have actually learnt something from RENAULT. this is something ALONSO bought to the team. and this year they are testing even more then before or any oda team

MrT
MrT

Rubbish... Alonso didn't bring straight line testing to Mclaren, every race team performs these tests, even most club level....

chasefreak
chasefreak

MrT
who said that alonso bought straight line testing to mclaren
he bought intensive testing to mclaren. and that is all what i was saying

tarzoon

I don't think Alonso is responsible for intensive testing either. Senna used to do that 20 years ago.

Alonso brought competitiveness, that's for sure. Maybe to a level that Kimi and Montoya didn't (mind you, still prefer Kimi as a pilot! :) ). Although he took it to the wrong extreme...