Renault R29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Timomies

Re: Renault R29

Renault is bringing big update to Turkey. New front and rear wings and new floor.

http://www.marca.com/2009/06/02/motor/f ... 53365.html

Hopefully they will work :cry:

kilcoo316

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:While I do get what you mean Kilcoo316, would it not be benificial for a rival team at all?
It is if they've missed something big.

But if they've missed something big (a la non DDD at start of year), its unlikely they'll be a threat any time soon.

vasia

Timomies wrote:Renault is bringing big update to Turkey. New front and rear wings and new floor.

Oh brother, it seems like almost every race Renault is bringing a "new floor". Renault keeps boasting about all these updates, yet in terms of results so far it has not helped them that much.

ISLAMATRON

vasia wrote:
Timomies wrote:Renault is bringing big update to Turkey. New front and rear wings and new floor.

Oh brother, it seems like almost every race Renault is bringing a "new floor". Renault keeps boasting about all these updates, yet in terms of results so far it has not helped them that much.
MAybe they should get Alonso to bring back the 6 tenths that he brought to McLaren... HAHAHA!

imightbewrong

ISLAMATRON wrote:
vasia wrote:

MAybe they should get Alonso to bring back the 6 tenths that he brought to McLaren... HAHAHA!
oh my god, you are so funny... :?

mstar

i dnt particularly understand renault they seem to have revisions to there existing bits every race? are they doing a lot more trial and error work then other teams (they cnt get it right or simulations not giving performance they need when they get to track?) i remember (correct me if i am wrong) they are on there 2/3 revision of the DD difuser already and 2 revision of the floor?

kilcoo316

mstar wrote:i dnt particularly understand renault they seem to have revisions to there existing bits every race?

Do you know more* this week than you did last week?

*be that about work, school, someone or something

mstar

nice joke =D>

kilcoo316

mstar wrote:nice joke =D>
Nah, its an analogy.

If you know more now than you did last week, why do you think it would be different for Renault and their aerodynamic packages? 8)

Scotracer

They appear to need more cooling. That's certainly different from everyone else.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

sticky667

wasn't there a big fuss with the Brawn car and exhaust piping sticking out of the bodywork?

vasia

Scotracer wrote:Image

They appear to need more cooling. That's certainly different from everyone else.
I wonder how the protruding exhausts are allowed under regulations. I thought they were not. Interesting cooling setup though. All those gills, slits and openings must change or disrupt the airflow going through and around the suspension to the wing and diffuser.

Timomies

Is this the new floor?

wesley123

vasia wrote:
Scotracer wrote:Image

I wonder how the protruding exhausts are allowed under regulations. I thought they were not. Interesting cooling setup though. All those gills, slits and openings must change or disrupt the airflow going through and around the suspension to the wing and diffuser.
I dont understand it either, as such exhausts are dis allowed, they are aimed at the rear wing, imo they cause the wing to heat, thus reducing strength and thus flexing.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ISLAMATRON

Timomies wrote:Is this the new floor?
Woah! this is big time... what about the step plane rule? This looks like the entry of a venturi tunnel