BMW Sauber F1.09

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium

Re: BMW Sauber F1.09

Conceptual wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:I would shure love to see the 2008 rear wings on the 2009 cars, but at the 2009 height, it would make the cars fuller at the rear end.

Also, id like to see the front wings of last year on this years cars.

Keeping the rest of the rules from this year.

I feel that it would make the cars wouold look more aesthetically pleasing and better to look at, probably with slicks faster, and also closer racing as well.
DING DING DING!!!

Don't forget to lower the 2008 wing to 7.5cn as well... 8)
If i was going to lower the rear wing, what id do is make the rear wing about two-thirds the size of the 2008 rear wing.

Id love to see if someone could photoshop the front and rear wings of 2008 on a 2009 car just to see what they would look like, im shure thhat they would look as sexy as hell!!!

The only thing i dislike about the F1.09 to the F1.08 is the front suspension, the F1.08 is much sexier than the F1.09s front suspension.

Conceptual

ESPImperium wrote:
Conceptual wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:I would shure love to see the 2008 rear wings on the 2009 cars, but at the 2009 height, it would make the cars fuller at the rear end.

Also, id like to see the front wings of last year on this years cars.

Keeping the rest of the rules from this year.

I feel that it would make the cars wouold look more aesthetically pleasing and better to look at, probably with slicks faster, and also closer racing as well.
DING DING DING!!!

Don't forget to lower the 2008 wing to 7.5cn as well... 8)
If i was going to lower the rear wing, what id do is make the rear wing about two-thirds the size of the 2008 rear wing.

Id love to see if someone could photoshop the front and rear wings of 2008 on a 2009 car just to see what they would look like, im shure thhat they would look as sexy as hell!!!

The only thing i dislike about the F1.09 to the F1.08 is the front suspension, the F1.08 is much sexier than the F1.09s front suspension.
If the teams want to defer costs, the FOTA should look into supplying cars/engines for an American NASCAR GP series in the states. That way, they could make the 2009 cars with the 2008 wings, and we could have some killer racing here in the states!

Oh, dream a little dream....

ESPImperium

Or have a customer car champoinship, say each team makes a 09 car with 08 wings, they make 2 or 3 cars like this, then they sell them to a customer car champoinship team for say a perfectly reasnoable £10 million, thus giving each team £30 Million in revenue each season.

Could this be a perfectly reasnoable way to have a replacement for the GP2 car, have that 09 car with the standard engine as well, but detuned to 15000 RPM, making that engine last for the entire season as well.

Could that be a concept that could work???

Basically:

2009 Car
2008 Front & Rear wings
2010 Standard Engines (Limited to 15000RPM, 2 engines for the whole season per car)
Tarif: £10 Million for the entire season.

Scotracer

ESPImperium wrote:Or have a customer car champoinship, say each team makes a 09 car with 08 wings, they make 2 or 3 cars like this, then they sell them to a customer car champoinship team for say a perfectly reasnoable £10 million, thus giving each team £30 Million in revenue each season.

Could this be a perfectly reasnoable way to have a replacement for the GP2 car, have that 09 car with the standard engine as well, but detuned to 15000 RPM, making that engine last for the entire season as well.

Basically:

2009 Car
2008 Front & Rear wings
2010 Standard Engines (Limited to 15000RPM, 2 engines for the whole season per car)
You could get an engine that has the same power as an F1 V8 @ 15,000rpm for less and one that might even last an entire season! An F1 V8 at that rpm produces 600BHP roughly, which could be produced from a larger engine at even lower revs for cheaper (current GP2 engines would do the job).
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

Conceptual

Scotracer wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Or have a customer car champoinship, say each team makes a 09 car with 08 wings, they make 2 or 3 cars like this, then they sell them to a customer car champoinship team for say a perfectly reasnoable £10 million, thus giving each team £30 Million in revenue each season.

Basically:

2009 Car
2008 Front & Rear wings
You could get an engine that has the same power as an F1 V8 @ 15,000rpm for less and one that might even last an entire season! An F1 V8 at that rpm produces 600BHP roughly, which could be produced from a larger engine at even lower revs for cheaper (current GP2 engines would do the job).
Cosworth engines? Like the CCWS engines maybe?!?!??!?!?

I LOVE THIS! It would have to run in the America's tho...

I would cry if I couldn't get to a race!

DarkSnape

Check this out ! Two smart boys took these pics. The KERS CONTROL UNIT

and highlight one on photoshop
Last edited by DarkSnape on 24 Jan 2009, 01:50, edited 3 times in total.

djos

only the last image works. :(
"In downforce we trust"

DarkSnape

lets comment here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6305

ESPImperium

Conceptual wrote:
Scotracer wrote:

Basically:

2009 Car
2008 Front & Rear wings
Cosworth engines? Like the CCWS engines maybe?!?!??!?!?

I LOVE THIS! It would have to run in the America's tho...

I would cry if I couldn't get to a race!
Nothing wrong with a Cosworth engine in there. Id say that a race or two in america would be a MUST. Id get Indianapolis back on the card (Posibly race it arround the Moto GP Track layout???), same with Canada. Id also like to put Laguna Seca on the card as a rotational track with Indionapolis for the US GP.

Id also posibly make the GP2/F1 08-09 Hybrid car run on the grooved tyres, as im shure the 2008 wings will produce more than enough downforce to counteract the lack of mechanical grip.

DM0407

I don't know if this has been answered already...

Are there any regulations on battery design? Could teams potentially use the batteries in places they would have otherwise used ballast?

ISLAMATRON

DM0407 wrote:I don't know if this has been answered already...

Are there any regulations on battery design? Could teams potentially use the batteries in places they would have otherwise used ballast?

That is actually the point, as long as they reach 600kg they are legal, there is no minimum ballast rule.

Roland Ehnström

ESPImperium wrote:Id love to see if someone could photoshop the front and rear wings of 2008 on a 2009 car just to see what they would look like, im shure thhat they would look as sexy as hell!!!

Motley

Roland Ehnström wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Id love to see if someone could photoshop the front and rear wings of 2008 on a 2009 car just to see what they would look like, im shure thhat they would look as sexy as hell!!!
You're Welcome...

ISLAMATRON

Thus Far the BMW seems to be the best designed, most ingenious of the 2009 spec cars.

The louvres on the bottom and shoulders of the car have circumvented the rules quite nicely and they are by everybody's acount farthest ahead in the KERS race.

Testing alone in Valencia also prooved to a be stroke of genious when the bad Portugese wheather is taken into account.

1 point of question is that BMW seems to have the shortest wheelbase and that could be a problem on high speed cornering stability. They may have gone too far in that aspect but we will see.

Has anyone come across any rear pics of the BMW F1.09?

ESPImperium

Roland Ehnström wrote:
The way that looks makes me want to get the toilet paper. That is sexy!!!

Personally, i would like that to be the future of F1.