BMW Sauber F1.09

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DM0407

Re: BMW Sauber F1.09

The Ferrari has by far, the ugliest sidpods I have ever seen. I'm sure they will change once the season begins. (I hope!)

i70q7m7ghw

Why is it everyone thinks something ugly can't perform? Illogical assumption :roll:

timbo

Why is it someone may think ferrari's sidepods are ugly? :lol:

scarbs

DM0407 wrote:The Ferrari has by far, the ugliest sidpods I have ever seen. I'm sure they will change once the season begins. (I hope!)
I can't see what so strange about the Ferraris, aesthetically I dont think Ferari are so bad, aerodynamically the Ferrari has drawn greater praise from insiders than most other designs. Better looking cars (IMO) have drawn more critisism from aero experts I've spoken to.

Scotracer

DM0407 wrote:The Ferrari has by far, the ugliest sidpods I have ever seen. I'm sure they will change once the season begins. (I hope!)
The Ferrari's sidepods are very closely related to the 2008 sidepods...did you think they were ugly too?
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

modbaraban

Scotracer wrote:
The Ferrari's sidepods are very closely related to the 2008 sidepods...did you think they were ugly too?
Maybe he meant that strange boxy bulge near the top of the inlets?

ISLAMATRON

Another very smart move by BMW!

http://www.f1technical.net/news/11517

After the terrible weather in portugal/spain last week the've decided to fly south for the winter(testing)... brilliant. BMW seems to be making all the right moves thus far.

DM0407

modbaraban wrote:
Scotracer wrote:
Maybe he meant that strange boxy bulge near the top of the inlets?

Thank you...

GTO

#-o
[-X
Could the posts about the Ferrari be discussed on the F60 thread?

tk421

GTO wrote:#-o
[-X
Could the posts about the Ferrari be discussed on the F60 thread?
Well, when the combination 08/09 photoshopped Ferrari appears 3 or 4 times on the previous page, I can see where the man is coming from, eh?

Despite that, credit to Roland for putting that together--no matter what car he chose to work with. Looks great.
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

vasia

ISLAMATRON wrote:Another very smart move by BMW!

http://www.f1technical.net/news/11517

After the terrible weather in portugal/spain last week the've decided to fly south for the winter(testing)... brilliant. BMW seems to be making all the right moves thus far.
Good move agreed, but give credit where it is due. In this case, Ferrari and Toyota were the smartest teams to begin with as they announced months ago that they would be doing a test in Bahrain. Even before the shaky weather in Spain during the week of testing, Ferrari and Toyota predicted the weather could likely be bad so they in advance booked to go test in Bahrain.

ISLAMATRON

vasia wrote:Good move agreed, but give credit where it is due. In this case, Ferrari and Toyota were the smartest teams to begin with as they announced months ago that they would be doing a test in Bahrain. Even before the shaky weather in Spain during the week of testing, Ferrari and Toyota predicted the weather could likely be bad so they in advance booked to go test in Bahrain.
Yes, those 2 teams have been going to Bahrain to test more than the others for some years now.

mx_tifoso

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

marinopc

Look at those Ferrari-style mirrors!

BMW-Sauber is leading the Bahrain test according to f1today.nl:

coureur team wagen tijd verschil #
1. R. Kubica BMW Sauber F1.09 1:34.397 0
2. F. Massa Ferrari F60 1:34.548 +0.151 0
3. T. Glock Toyota TF109 1:35.324 +0.927 0

Does anyone have more pics of these new mirrors?

axle

KERS cooling inlets uncoverd.

- Axle