Red Bull RB5

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zgred

Re: Red Bull RB5

ESPImperium

New Brawn-eske style diffuser???

Dmitry

Better view:

BreezyRacer

Very good eye! Seems almost nobody has shots of the Red Bulls these days. Also note the VGs on the upper outer corners of the diffuser exits, ala McLaren .. a very nice touch.

Confused_Andy

That cooling hole out the back of the cover has got a lot bigger to, or am I just seeing things.

djos

Confused_Andy wrote:That cooling hole out the back of the cover has got a lot bigger to, or am I just seeing things.
No, it is bigger prolly due to the heat/humidity.
"In downforce we trust"

Tonn

Almost everybody are useing Brawn style diffuser now

ESPImperium

Tonn wrote:Almost everybody are useing Brawn style diffuser now
And front wing alos.

The RB5 has the 2 "Deep dish" sections that the Brawn have had since launch, Force India were the first to adopt them into their design.

I can see almost every car next year coming out looking like the BGP001 in one way or another.

BreezyRacer

There are a few aero designs that are still unique this late in the season. What springs to my mind are William's shaping fins below the nose, the Brawn front splitter with the "cow catcher" deflector, the Red Bull low tail, the Red Bull high nose section.

outer_bongolia

Are there any updates on Red Bull's engine supplier for 2010? It would be great to see this car fly with a Merc engine.
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

zgred

axle

outer_bongolia wrote:Are there any updates on Red Bull's engine supplier for 2010? It would be great to see this car fly with a Merc engine.
From what I read and posted in the Williams concludes Toyota deal thread, McLaren have veto'd RB having Merc engines.
- Axle

mstar

maybe the brawn style is most proven version of the DDD no harm having a tried and tested version adapted to the RB5

i70q7m7ghw

I don't like the way RB are so fickle with their engines, they just jump on what they think is best without an regard for contracts etc. They used a loophole to dump the Ferrari engines on STR.

If the engines are to be 'equalised' RB would be better off sticking with the Renault engine which they already know rather than using something else and having to redesign a chassis around it.

wesley123

Diesel wrote:I don't like the way RB are so fickle with their engines, they just jump on what they think is best without an regard for contracts etc. They used a loophole to dump the Ferrari engines on STR.

If the engines are to be 'equalised' RB would be better off sticking with the Renault engine which they already know rather than using something else and having to redesign a chassis around it.
that is true, but the associated merc engines with it require far less cooling, so even smaller sidepods are possible.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender