Schumi comes back

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adam2007

Re: Schumi comes back

DaveKillens wrote:
adam2007 wrote:plus it was never proved that benetton used it so its just speculation
Put on your crimson glasses and plug your ears, you won't like what I say next.

The 1994 Benetton car driven by Michael Schumacher was VERY illegal. It's a shame that such a talented driver was caught up in this, but Benetton cheated all year. Refuelling rigs, traction control, and a lot more. Bloody shame, since Schumacher was the best driver in 1994.
yeah the refueling rig they didnt have the filter in was a mistake by the suppliers. and they didnt use tc as is was banned it was just schumacher brillant throttle control.

siskue2005

ISLAMATRON wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
Giblet wrote:I know that MS raced without TC in the past, but in a modern car?

Was the TC outlawed on 2007, right after he retired?

To be blinding fast in a TC car, and then going to a non TC, even for MS, could be a bit of a challenge at first speed-wise.
he had not driven TC cars until 2001 when it was made legal
till then has plenty and plenty of experience without TC
the gap between him and the next best driver became closer as soon as the TC was introduced....look how close RB got to MS in 2001, 2002 compared to 2000.
its the throttle control for which MS is famous for.

Massa had never driven an F1 Car without TC until 2008
Haha... that hilarious... everyone knows about the illegal TC on the Benettons
Haha... that hilarious..., i in your little world everyone believes that

but in real world people know what really happened
If they had TC why did MS loose his first place to the Ferrari's on the restart of imola 94 due to wheelspin...there are alot of similar examples during that year

it was just Senna, whining and finding excuses after loosing to MS in the first 3 races :lol:

i beleive TC was allowed before 94 [correct me if i am wrong]
and the Bennettons didnot have them at all...and they also didnot have that active suspension gizmo too.
it was Williams, Mcca and Ferrari who had all the gizmos back then.

i remember the race in 92 spa, were MS won that race in rain against cars with active suspension gizmo and TC....Thats how good he is.

Miguel

kilcoo316 wrote:
Miguel wrote:
kilcoo316 wrote:Not one... not one single person... has come out since 1994 and said "yeah, we cheated".
Benneton pleaded guilty in the WMSC in Paris when they were judged of tampering their fuel rigs. That's enough "we cheated" for me. Funnily enough, Benneton didn't get any penalty for this.
1. That is cheated all year?

2. That offered them a significant advantage?

I would equate that with the farcial argument over the Michelin tyres in 2003.

:lol:
I was just being pedantic, Kilcoo. You said that no one admitted having cheated, while in fact they pleaded guilty in the fuel rig case. I'm not saying they cheated all year (in my opinion they did), and I don't know how much of an advantage it meant.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

RacingManiac

pretty sure from 1992 on the Bennetton has active suspension and TC as the rest of the field....the point of contention in 1994 was that Bennetton in 1994, after TC was banned, still has the code written in their ECU. Benetton's argument was that they disabled the functionality so that they don't have to do a ground up re-program of the car's electronic. The legal proceeding cannot prove that they used the TC and that was that. 1995 would be different since the team had switch to Renault from the Ford.

siskue2005

DaveKillens wrote:
adam2007 wrote:plus it was never proved that benetton used it so its just speculation
Put on your crimson glasses and plug your ears, you won't like what I say next.

The 1994 Benetton car driven by Michael Schumacher was VERY illegal. It's a shame that such a talented driver was caught up in this, but Benetton cheated all year. Refuelling rigs, traction control, and a lot more. Bloody shame, since Schumacher was the best driver in 1994.
DaveKillens and ISLAM. what more can we expect from you two :lol: :^o

refuelling rigs -- it was some juniour staff who removed some filter without any authorization from above......and they agreed it was a mistake...back then it was the first season with re fuelling so it was a mistake from the supplier

get a grip...there was no f%#@king TC in that car.

and what are the 'a lot more' things which you didnt mention?

andartop

Besides...Michael Schumacher doesn't need TC, he is THE STIG!!!

(At least I'm glad people are not blaming Ferrari for making a secret deal with Benetton and the FIA and allowing them to win 2 Championships in exchange for Schumi's services!)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

adam2007

DaveKillens wrote:
adam2007 wrote: brillant throttle control.
Oh man, that qualifies as the funniest thing I have seen all week. Thank you adam, you put a huge smile on my face and put a bounce in my step.
brilliant throttle control, I can't take it... roflmao
lol

blobslosak

Opinions on throttle control after watching this please.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtaV_cOGgTM[/youtube]

James

you can't be that good in the rain without being pretty brillant on the old go pedal i'd say
Last edited by James on 07 Aug 2009, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.

James

blobslosak wrote:Opinions on throttle control after watching this please.
yep!..........brillant

adam2007

adam2007 wrote:
DaveKillens wrote:
Oh man, that qualifies as the funniest thing I have seen all week. Thank you adam, you put a huge smile on my face and put a bounce in my step.
lol

told you his has good throttle control (Y)

siskue2005

DaveKillens wrote:
did you really watch those old races?

see this video
Surely Damon knows more....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtaV_cOGgTM[/youtube]
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 08 Aug 2009, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Irrelevant personal comments

siskue2005

RacingManiac wrote:pretty sure from 1992 on the Bennetton has active suspension and TC as the rest of the field....the point of contention in 1994 was that Bennetton in 1994, after TC was banned, still has the code written in their ECU. Benetton's argument was that they disabled the functionality so that they don't have to do a ground up re-program of the car's electronic. The legal proceeding cannot prove that they used the TC and that was that. 1995 would be different since the team had switch to Renault from the Ford.
AFAIK....i heard one comment by Martin Brundle that they didnot have active suspension/TC in 1992 and how they didnot have money to develop those things
he was saying that in some race were he was commentating

timbo

siskue2005 wrote:AFAIK....i heard one comment by Martin Brundle that they didnot have active suspension/TC in 1992 and how they didnot have money to develop those things
he was saying that in some race were he was commentating
They had sorted out electronics somewhere mid-1993.
However his 3rd place in 1992 championship is brilliant - compared with Williams, McLaren and Ferrari his car was really basic - he had manual gear shift whole season.

WhiteBlue

This arguing of cars having TC or not is completely irrelevant. The discussion was the same in 2008 when TC was banned. People were saying that Michael would roll that car if he ever drove it. Heap of bull manure. He came out to Spain one day in winter and was fastest driver on track. The test drivers, Kimi and Massa wre not as fast with that car. He was drafted in by Ferrari to do the first evaluation. Do you think Ferrari would do that if they were not convinced that Michael was their best non TC driver to develop that car?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)