The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Richard

The "Fanboy Ying Yang" thread

Saribro wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:The real diff between the two teams is Massa'a accident.

It's all irrelevant. No ifs, no maybes, no nothing. This is the situation and these are the numbers, no amount of history and/or predictions is going to change that.
I agree about if and buts. The WCC and WDC ranking are indisputable fact.

My comment was exploring each driver's contribution to that ranking. It would seem that Massa'a accident was a big factor for McL closing the gap to Ferrari.Sorry if that observation of fact is deemed to be "fanboy ying yang" :(

pete555

Re: Vodaphone McLaren Mercedes MP4-24

Any chance a mod can delete all the non-technical posts on the last two pages please

siskue2005

n smikle wrote:
Saribro wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:On the other hand, Lewis has got nearly all the McL points on his own, whereas Ferari had two decent drivers with Massa & Kimi.
Ahum:
Kimi: 45
Lewis: 43

Ferrari: 67
McLaren: 65

The difference between McLaren and Ferrari is the difference between Kimi and Lewis. Their teammates have contributed the exact same 22 points to their respective teams.
Lewis crashed in Monza and Spa.. so Lewis should have more points if you consider the crashes.. so it all goes back to Kovi not giving a good proportion of points.
Its his fault that he crashed!
Yes so the difference between Mclaren and Ferrari is the difference between Kimi and Lewis.

ds.raikkonen

BreezyRacer wrote:I really regret that this technical posting has turned into a fanboy ying yang.
Looks like nobody is listening eh? ](*,)
Guys, kindly take this discussion in the `General Chat' forum...this is supposed to be a technical thread, not a `Kimi Vs Lewis' chatroom [-X ! Im surprised that the mods have not deleted the posts by now.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

raceman

ds.raikkonen wrote:
BreezyRacer wrote:I really regret that this technical posting has turned into a fanboy ying yang.
Looks like nobody is listening eh? ](*,)
Guys, kindly take this discussion in the `General Chat' forum...this is supposed to be a technical thread, not a `Kimi Vs Lewis' chatroom [-X ! Im surprised that the mods have not deleted the posts by now.
I agree.

Ciro Pabón

Re: The Fanboy Ying Yang Thread

I'm not listening, la, la, la, I'm not listening...
Ciro

Richard

Re: The Fanboy Ying Yang Thread

Ciro Pabón wrote:I'm not listening, la, la, la, I'm not listening...
LOL

BreezyRacer

Re: The "Fanboy Ying Yang" thread

Thanks for creating this thread. The title cracks me up!

Giblet

If Ciro keeps moving all the fanboy posts that keep popping up in different threads into this one, it is going to be a very funny thread to read :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

qw56q

Confused_Andy wrote:Why are you talking like your a member of the team, are you a member of the team? :?
I think mclaren have sent him to brainwash us.

mx_tifoso

qw56q wrote:
Confused_Andy wrote:Why are you talking like your a member of the team, are you a member of the team? :?
I think mclaren have sent him to brainwash us.
I doubt they would want him representing them.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Ciro Pabón

Well, mx, with all due respect, allow me to add another kind of answer that sounds right to some people:

"Yes, I'm a member of the team. Actually, I'm the most important member of the team: I'm the fan base.

I'm the very reason of their existance, the only person that, in this wide world, worries about if they live or they die. I'm a McLaren fanboy and I'm proud of it. Actually, at the next race, I'll carry a T-shirt with those words emblazoned, and there is a little shield in my car that says that I dare to support somebody besides myself. Got that?"

That kind of person could add: "I'm their master and the most thoroughgoing supervisor they have. Heck, I have opened an account at Santander and I have told them that I opened it because they support McLaren."

Of course, I would never say that.

As you know well, I'm not into supporting a team. That is, unless FIA (finally!... if you ask me) get into the grid a team from the Americas.

That'll be the day I´ll post something about my team in this very thread. Btw, thanks, Breezy, you're very kind, but the thread title is all yours.

So, fanboys of the world, unite! Finally, you have a thread in this solitary net where you can talk wonders of your team and it's at F1 Technical (ehem). Get out of the closet, guys.

Just do me a favor: don't get angry, ok? Be positive, it will be easier for all of us (double ehem).

Oh, I almost forgot to say thanks to the people that pushed the report button.
Ciro

mx_tifoso

I wonder how many times you edited your post Ciro. :-k
:lol:

No offense taken btw. Everyone has the right to see the world as they see fit, but I don't agree with being narrow minded and wearing [insert color here] glasses. I have a prancing horse avatar but I'm not blind nor stupid, and I clearly acknowledge all of this specific teams' faults and attributes.

And as a matter of fact, I hope Kimi Raikkon gives them an adequate arse beating next season. Edging him out of his last contracted year was unacceptable to me.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

gibells

[FA (Fanboys Anonymous) weekly meeting, Manilva Community Hall]

Me: Hi everyone. I'm new to this. My name is Paul, and I support McLaren.

Group: Hi Paul, WELCOME.

Belatti

gibells wrote:[FA (Fanboys Anonymous) weekly meeting, Manilva Community Hall]

Me: Hi everyone. I'm new to this. My name is Paul, and I support McLaren.

Group: Hi Paul, WELCOME.
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna