The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
megz

Re: The "Fanboy Ying Yang" thread

Er... Sorry Richard.

Hamilton has 49pts to Kimi's 48. Running by that TINY margin the McLaren was better. Considering Lewis has TWICE as many wins as Kimi but only 1 more point I think it would show that Kimi is far more consistent and didn't make as many foolish mistakes ala Monza.

Or were we talking lead drivers as in the first driver of the team? Well Massa has a measly 22 points to Hamilton's 49. Whoa by that count the Ferrari is terrible 8)

ISLAMATRON

Lewis crashed at Monza, Kimi crashed in Melborne, not much difference

megz

Fair point, except he wasn't running for an easy podium.

ISLAMATRON

neither was Lewis, he was busting his ass trying to get that 1 more position, gotta love it(unless you are a team principle)

lebesset
lebesset

from what I have observed the last 20 years , teams no longer have principles
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Richard
Richard

megz wrote:Er... Sorry Richard.

Hamilton has 49pts to Kimi's 48. Running by that TINY margin the McLaren was better. Considering Lewis has TWICE as many wins as Kimi but only 1 more point I think it would show that Kimi is far more consistent and didn't make as many foolish mistakes ala Monza.

Or were we talking lead drivers as in the first driver of the team? Well Massa has a measly 22 points to Hamilton's 49. Whoa by that count the Ferrari is terrible 8)
You didn't get the point. What relevance is there in comparing Massa with a handful of races to Lewis' full season of races???

Yes, take the first driver for each team. Add up the points for the first car of each team across the line in each race. On that basis , Ferrari have 61 to McL 57.

Also, the red cars have finished ahead of the silver cars 8 times, compared to 7 the other way around.

Which to my mind would show the red car as better performance potential than the silver one.

It also shows that the second driver only got 6 points for Ferrari. This season has relegated them to a team with only one driver scoring 90% of the points, I wonder how unusual that is compared to previous years?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

richard_leeds wrote:This season has relegated them to a team with only one driver scoring 90% of the points, I wonder how unusual that is compared to previous years?
Different team but still applies; imagine Raikkonen and Hamilton at McLaren with a good car. That would be destructive, in a good way.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Giblet
Giblet

I thought this thread was created as a joke, and here it is, in full swing.

I have to lol at the whole "I can prove my opinion better than you"

You can't look at numbers from one season and say "This driver better"

I even stopped arguing with a user on this site, about nerve damage. Sometimes, people will "be right" no matter what. I guess it doesn't matter that I asked an actual doctor, and he was wrong :)

Better to let some people assume they are right, and let it go.

I mean, since Jenson Button is the most complete driver, there is little to argue in this thread right?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Scotracer
Scotracer

Giblet wrote:I thought this thread was created as a joke, and here it is, in full swing.

I have to lol at the whole "I can prove my opinion better than you"

You can't look at numbers from one season and say "This driver better"

I even stopped arguing with a user on this site, about nerve damage. Sometimes, people will "be right" no matter what. I guess it doesn't matter that I asked an actual doctor, and he was wrong :)

Better to let some people assume they are right, and let it go.

I mean, since Jenson Button is the most complete driver, there is little to argue in this thread right?
If you make it, they will come.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

andartop
andartop

](*,) ](*,)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ringo

ISLAMATRON wrote:neither was Lewis, he was busting his ass trying to get that 1 more position, gotta love it(unless you are a team principle)
principal you mean. :wink:
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Top 7 drivers of the year for me are:

1. Jenson Button WDC
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Barichello
5. Webber
6. Rosberg
7. Kimi
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

axle
axle

I'd say that Rosberg and Lewis drove the wheels off poorer cars and Kimi, sans Massa, did the same later on.

All 3 of those drivers showed real class and ability, Button was very fast and did some of the best overtaking this year...but shouldn't have been in the situation where he needed to. Vettel and Webber both failed to make a fast car a winner frequently enough.

Lewis, Rosberg, Kimi and Button are the achievers of the year.
- Axle

Ciro Pabón

"... you have to find another way..."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyWsFfd9 ... re=related[/youtube]

Nonwithstanding the previous comment, you're on our own here, use this space. Build a temple to Lewis, proclaim your love for Alonso, put Rosberg in the Olympus, explain why Ferrari rules over McLaren and viceversa or whatever: it's up to you.

I will check the thread for foul language: be educated, use PMs for insults and swearing (its that or sarcasm, pick one).

You might find "odd" messages that don't fit in the thread, moved from other, saner threads.

DO NOT talk about countries in general (I believe it's OK to talk about a particular government BUT not about the citizens) or religion (in any way) or other forumers (I also believe it's OK to talk about their posts instead of about them).
Ciro

PlatinumZealot

Kimi says Mclaren or nothing!

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 47,00.html

Are you sure Kimi?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏