autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
010010011010
010010011010
0
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:41 am

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

Post

ever since I pioneered some of the first semi and full automatic transmissions in motor racing back in the 1970's.
Do you have any evdience of your involvement in the development of any of these transmissions?

Giblet
Giblet
5
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:47 am
Location: Canada

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

Post

Have you chaps ever heard of Halfbakery.com?

It's a great place to discuss your hairbrained ideas. The automobile:engine category is very fun. It's the place to discuss your brilliant (you think so anyways) idea tat yo either don't have the resources, time, energy, or wherewithal to actually design and manufacture and market.

Here are a few that should appeal to many users. ISLAMATRON? I am curious as to your opinions on the bottom two links.

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Powdered ... 1249829350

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/turbopne ... 1208522618

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Boxer_20 ... 1207285879

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Two-Stro ... 1195529829

EDIT: IF this looks like spam, keep in mind the site is ad free, and free to use, and is something that I think the majority of people here would like.

I use the same name on there as here. Feel free to browse my ideas (I have been posting there for YEARS) and tear them up. I have two ideas on there that I think could actually make some money.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

autogyro
autogyro
53
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

Post

010010011010 wrote:
ever since I pioneered some of the first semi and full automatic transmissions in motor racing back in the 1970's.
Do you have any evdience of your involvement in the development of any of these transmissions?
Yep

I agree that it must be annoying keep on mentioning my ESERU but it is unavoidable, because it is the answer to so many of the questions here raised.

You must conclude what ever you like, matters not one jot to me.
I will justify my claims but only under confidentiality, sorry.
It is a shame that those otherwise of good intelligence always revert to base insult when they cannot be sure about something.
Sorts the men in the real world from the students at what ever level.

010010011010
010010011010
0
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:41 am

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

Post

surely the technology form the 70s and 80s is well known to everyone in formula one, so what isthe need for confidentiality?

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
509
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

Post

Autogyro. I am inexperienced and I learned about gears and pressure angles and whatnot but Let me ask a question that is related to the strength of your system:

Metals can hold a certain amount of energy per volume right.. Can whatever parts inside of this 4 inch cube manage the energy from the shock when the drive is engaged?

I am interested to see if you design this thing from a mechanical strength point of view also. I remember when I was at school and you would have electrical engineering students taking on projects with mechanical aspects and most of the time the concept seems Ok but when they build the machine you can see that they were not aware of certain things. I am not assuming anything, it just sounds like this design is from an electrical point of view. Can we see a picture of just one part? A part that doesn't give anything away.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌

====Zen level====
|||||||<@>||^||<@>|||||||

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve
3
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA

autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post

Continuing from the type of shifter thread, but putting it in it's own thread so at the very least it won't continue to clog the other threads as much.
autogyro wrote: You really should go back and re read my posts. I have posted a number of answers to technical questions. I have yet to read any posts to discredit my opinions.
I welcome it and such criticism is one reason for posting.
Just because I will not fully describe one of my projects does not negate the usefulness of on going debate on the subject.
So you have, based on your previous posts...
  • - one shaft
    - one bearing... on the output end, the input end connected directly to crankshaft
    - the bearing requiring no lubrication and has even radial load
    - no clutch
    - energy transferred electromagnetically
    - only the active gear rotates (reducing oil windage, etc, etc)
    - a major part of KERS/Hybrid Powertrains/EVs
    - an electric generator/motor all-in-one
    - stepped ratios
    - an epicyclic gearbox
So essentially you have an engine directly connected to a gearbox which is connected, or intertwined, with an electric motor via an epicyclic gear box. The power is delivered from the engine to the driven wheels via the electric motor. The electric motor doubles as a generator (and effectively replaces the clutch as a mechanism to disengage power to the wheels) I'm assuming this system would have a way of using braking energy to store energy as well.

Care to constructively debunk or build upon this, autogyro?
Last edited by Mystery Steve on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

compo
compo
0
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: autogyro's Magical Mystery Machine

Post

:?:
Last edited by compo on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve
3
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA

Re: autogyro's Magical Mystery Machine

Post

goony wrote:an autogyro also known as a gyrocopter is a flying machine u may need a new name


this is FAB engineering is the art of moulding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes that we cannot precisely analyse, so as to withstand forces we cannot really assess, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."

best thing ive read all year can i copy it and give it to the engineers at work


goony
autogyro is a member on the forum, see the link at the top...

Use the quote all you like, it's attributed to: Dr. AR Dykes, Chairman, Scottish Branch of IStructE, 1978.

User avatar
Ciro Pabón
106
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: autogyro's Magical Mystery Machine

Post

Oh, my... I ran out of these:

Image
Ciro

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve
3
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA

Re: autogyro's Magical Mystery Machine

Post

Ciro Pabón wrote:Oh, my... I ran out of these:

Image
My intention was for this to actually be a serious discussion. The title was initially given in frustration, but is now updated.

If his technology is legitimate, all of us here would be interested to hear about it. If he really wants to talk about it, and not give vague hints as to why he is uber awesome and the rest of us are living in the 19th century, he is invited do it constructively in this thread rather than inadvertently take over other loosely related threads and perpetuate everyone's frustration.

Otherwise, let's all put it to rest...

mike
mike
2
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Australia, Melbourne

Re: autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post

-it also fits into a 4 inch cube.

it could work if you have 3 input and 4 output of the planetary gearbox
e.g
-if the sun and the ring and the planet carrier all work as an input and output and they can drive stop and run free, then you would have 6 ratios.
-if there is a compound planetary gearset and a simpson gear set on the sub-set (sub ring gear) that can engage and disengage at will at the output with the sun gear then there will be 7 forward gears and 2 reverse gears all you need now is a single bearing on the "end", assuming all input runs in reverse as the output.
-some how the electric motor fits in some where maybe at the input and selector part
-im thinking when the electrical system lock 1 of the gears it recovers energy

gears goes like this..

1st: input sun, output planet carrier, lock ring
2nd: input sun, output ring, lock planet carrier
3rd: input planet carrier, output ring, lock sun
4th: input planet carrier, output sub ring gear, lock sun, lock ring
5th: input ring, output planet carrier, lock sun
6th: input ring, output sub ring, lock planet carrier (engage sub ring, disengage the sun from the output)
7th: input ring, output sun, lock planet carrier (do the reverse at the above).

autogyro
autogyro
53
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

Post

n smikle wrote:Autogyro. I am inexperienced and I learned about gears and pressure angles and whatnot but Let me ask a question that is related to the strength of your system:

Metals can hold a certain amount of energy per volume right.. Can whatever parts inside of this 4 inch cube manage the energy from the shock when the drive is engaged?

I am interested to see if you design this thing from a mechanical strength point of view also. I remember when I was at school and you would have electrical engineering students taking on projects with mechanical aspects and most of the time the concept seems Ok but when they build the machine you can see that they were not aware of certain things. I am not assuming anything, it just sounds like this design is from an electrical point of view. Can we see a picture of just one part? A part that doesn't give anything away.
I have to be careful here n smikle, must try to get back on thread.
Because of constantly variable power through shifting there is no sudden shock during ratio change.
I will consider posting something but it is difficult at present. I do have meetings coming up that may well decide such an issue.
The gears in the unit are directly comparable to current gears in use for the purpose and the system does not use any untried electrical technology although materials projected are of the very latest spec.
I do apologize for drifting away from the original topic which was, 'whether dual shaft/clutch/seamless shift gearboxes were/are in use in F1.
Personally I believe the thread has been informative on this question, maybe more so because of my so called 'spamming'.
The simple answer boring as it is is 'No'.


ps

It is interesting that others seem capable of placing links to many unproven items of technology without criticism.
How long does one have to post before this is accepted?
Perhaps a link to an anti religious diatribe would meet the bill?
There are after all a billion of them, non of which are logically presented.
Oh sorry I am not allowed to do that.
I promise that is enough, I will behave sir.

mike
mike
2
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Australia, Melbourne

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

Post

its not that we don't like you to have an idea its just that..
do it in another thread
here is what we have created earlier....
viewtopic.php?p=130473&f=3#p130473

autogyro
autogyro
53
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post

mike wrote:-it also fits into a 4 inch cube.

it could work if you have 3 input and 4 output of the planetary gearbox
e.g
-if the sun and the ring and the planet carrier all work as an input and output and they can drive stop and run free, then you would have 6 ratios.
-if there is a compound planetary gearset and a simpson gear set on the sub-set (sub ring gear) that can engage and disengage at will at the output with the sun gear then there will be 7 forward gears and 2 reverse gears all you need now is a single bearing on the "end", assuming all input runs in reverse as the output.
-some how the electric motor fits in some where maybe at the input and selector part
-im thinking when the electrical system lock 1 of the gears it recovers energy

gears goes like this..

1st: input sun, output planet carrier, lock ring
2nd: input sun, output ring, lock planet carrier
3rd: input planet carrier, output ring, lock sun
4th: input planet carrier, output sub ring gear, lock sun, lock ring
5th: input ring, output planet carrier, lock sun
6th: input ring, output sub ring, lock planet carrier (engage sub ring, disengage the sun from the output)
7th: input ring, output sun, lock planet carrier (do the reverse at the above).
Sorry but this gear lay out is nowhere near my gearset assembly.
It is good to see you thinking out of the box (excuse the pun) and you obviously have a keen technical mind and a good appreciation of transmission technology.
For you to work out the minimum requirements shows a high level.
Please feel free to continue trying to work it out, if you like.
I honestly wish I could post the design but not yet I am afraid, sorry.

bazanaius
bazanaius
0
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post

Until you can could you not post about it? It's really tedious and it appears you've told us everything about it. If you feel the need to blog, stick it in here.