Virgin Racing VR-01 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Virgin Racing VR-01 Cosworth

cooling requirements for the cossie seem very minimal, but that 200(was it kg or L) tank seems quite excessive

Fil

tarzoon wrote:
Fil wrote:They didn't do anything spectacular with Brawn last year either.
This has been nothing outrageous or fancy as a launch that's for sure, but it is consistent with their 'lowest F1 budget' branding that they've been running with.

..altho the delay hiccup sure isn't as smooth as what Virgin are usually associated with.
Wasn't expecting anything outrageous or assumingly expensive!

Just a website with a fancy uncover video, loads of pics and a cool press release to happen all at one go.

Virgin didn't take full advantage of its marketing expertise, and they are very good at it

well they did do a website with a video, a few pics and a standard F1 press release.. but it wasn't all released at the same time due to their technical issues. but fair call. definitely didn't live up to the benchmark that Virgin has set for itself in the past.

and i called it early! single keel front suspension layout! (i know.. no one likes a gloater!) :lol:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Confused_Andy

Finally a car full of sponsors.

The livery looks great, you lot need to adapt to modern design, the car looks pretty slick hope it goes well.

King Six

Maybe they're going down the route of pinning their hopes on the low downforce tracks. I came up with this opinion simply because... it looks relatively simple. Really I have no idea. Nice livery, though.

unique_yikes

Well, F10 also looks simple, but it doesn't seem to run slow, so who knows.
Let's wait till Bahrain, I guess VR01 will look a lot different there.
Last edited by unique_yikes on 03 Feb 2010, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

Confused_Andy

A little comparison:

The ferrari is really hard to align as its taken on a very slight angle.

unique_yikes

From the picture above ^^^

Please note that F10's nose is actually wider, the picture of F10 is rotated a bit (as mentioned).

And another one

outer_bongolia

The simplicity of the front wing just amazed me. It looks like it has only 2 components. I'm hoping they are keeping some stuff up their sleeve.

One other thing is the shape of the whole front section. It is coming high all the way to the side pods, with no sign of anything contributing to the downforce. Many other teams have some kind of device (be it the nose, or the snowplow). And Virgin's car has just a very simple front wing and ... .. that's it!

Even if this car has a very good diffuser, I'm thinking it will suffer heavily from understeer.
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

Pandamasque

where do the lower wishbones go???

unique_yikes

Can someone show/explain what exactly wishbone is?
Last edited by unique_yikes on 03 Feb 2010, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

Confused_Andy

Anyone actually thought that the front wing might be just a launch spec front wing?

No doubt it'll be developed on come the first test.

Agerasia

unique_yikes wrote:Can someone show/explain what exactly fishbone is?
You mean wishbone lol?
"badically pressuring rosnerg " Ringo 05/10/2014

imightbewrong

unique_yikes wrote:Can someone show/explain what exactly fishbone is?
start by reading this: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-suspension.htm

DM0407

That front suspension looks pretty bulky compared to the others.

Terrible3

Confused_Andy wrote:Finally a car full of sponsors.

The livery looks great, you lot need to adapt to modern design, the car looks pretty slick hope it goes well.
Exactly, this livery is stunning! This is my favorite car in F1 B-class. I personally think its the best looking car on the grid ( once they put a better front wing on the car).