EU slams Ferrari over Marlboro partnership

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
autogyro

Re: EU slams Ferrari over Marlboro partnership

Fourteen posts since my last one.
I now have to come back on topic.
'EU slams Ferrari over Malboro partnership'
It would seem that somebody in authority at the EU believes Ferrari is doing wrong.
Explaining why this is the case would on first impression follow the topic exactly.
IMO it is the other 14 posts that are dragging things off topic for Ferrari fan boy reasons.
F1 cannot afford to ignore this issue.
To say that tobacco advertising used to be common in the sport is absolutely no excuse, we used to put five year old children up chimneys to clean them, is that ok because it was done in the past?
The very attitude that is trying to avoid the issue on this thread is exactly why F1 is slowly dieing. This does not have to be the case but there needs to be a huge attitude and moral swing for any hope of change. The most annoying thing to me, is that F1 is in a position to realy make positive change happen, which would not only hugely benefit itself but would improve the world we live in.

xpensive

The EU has now proposed to ban direct sale of fish, without going thru an official ditributor so to speak.

The EU can go to h**l.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

autogyro

It doesnt have to, we are already living in Hell.
Not a lot of people know this.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

xpensive wrote:The EU has now proposed to ban direct sale of fish, without going thru an official ditributor so to speak.

The EU can go to h**l.

Banning direct sale would lower demand and increase the ability for fish stocks to replenish themselves.
Yes its draconian, but would you rather we have fish today, then never again.
Or, no fish today, but more in future?
More could have been done.
David Purley

JohnsonsEvilTwin

autogyro wrote:It doesnt have to, we are already living in Hell.
Not a lot of people know this.
ELABORATE :-?
David Purley

xpensive

With all the respect JET, as if private, or semi-private, fishing could ever hold a candle to Norwegian and Spanish trawlers in the North Sea?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Oh I was under the impression the fishing fleets were due to be banned too.
In that case yes ...that is fooking dumb
David Purley

andartop

autogyro wrote:Fourteen posts since my last one.
I now have to come back on topic.
'EU slams Ferrari over Malboro partnership'
It would seem that somebody in authority at the EU believes Ferrari is doing wrong.
Explaining why this is the case would on first impression follow the topic exactly.
IMO it is the other 14 posts that are dragging things off topic for Ferrari fan boy reasons.
F1 cannot afford to ignore this issue.
To say that tobacco advertising used to be common in the sport is absolutely no excuse, we used to put five year old children up chimneys to clean them, is that ok because it was done in the past?
The very attitude that is trying to avoid the issue on this thread is exactly why F1 is slowly dieing. This does not have to be the case but there needs to be a huge attitude and moral swing for any hope of change. The most annoying thing to me, is that F1 is in a position to realy make positive change happen, which would not only hugely benefit itself but would improve the world we live in.
:lol:

You accuse other posters of straying off topic, but it's you who keeps posting Daily Mail-style attention seeking one-liners, such as "save our children"..
And when you get a response that puts things into perspective, you only go and do it again: "we used to put five year old children up chimneys to clean them, is that ok because it was done in the past?"
You have expressed your opinion on the issue about 50 times over the last 20 pages of this thread.
I respect your opinion.
My opinion is that the whole issue has nothing to do with the poor children of Africa being exploited by multinationals.
My opinion is that smoking kills, a barcode on a race car does not.
If you want to talk morals, forget about F1 as a whole; the ridiculous amount of money spent in F1 for our entertainment would be enough sustain whole countries, find a cure for cancer and AIDS or establish world peace.
Pseudo-morals work real well on talk shows, but selective judgements and good guy badges don't mean s*&t in the real world, to paraphrase the philosopher Marilyn Manson!
Welcome to the world.
Care for a fag?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

autogyro

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marilyn Manson philosopher?

andartop

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EU caring about moral issues?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

timbo

I think the thread needs to be closed until any new info would appear.

mx_tifoso

Locked until further official information appears. Thank you for your input thus far, but it's been a while since this thread contributed anything relevant or useful.

-----------

:mrgreen:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.