New 2003 honda engine

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Steven
Owner

I don't know what you guys think about it... but it looks to me that G. Willis did a good job, the car's looks (BAR 005) are a LOT better than all preceding cars (except maybe the first, that was in fact a beautiful car, especially in its testing colors 8)

I think with this engine power we could get a new subtop team :D
YES!

Senna_FAN
Senna_FAN

Yeah, I'm sorry all that I forgot completely about the 60's. That was my mistake. Anyways, the BAR 005 is really looking good, kinda like a Ferrari, and it has much smaller dimensions. I really think that by 2004-2005, they should be serious title contenders. That Honda engine does sound powerful (from what Kiuchi has said)

rapier84
rapier84

BAR 005

Yup, the BAR looks like a Ferrari clone just as Autosport and many others predicted, snockel exhausts and all. Those who'd seen the Toyota TF103 will probably find uncanny similarities to the F2002 either. Looks like Ferrari had set a trend yet again with their innovative design. Which leads us to wonder, what will they come up with in the F2003? More efficency? Greater downforce?

Steven
Owner

Anthony Davidson today stated this:
"The engine is very close to how it ended in Suzuka but the difference is that there is no vibration. It will be interesting to hear what Taku (Sato) thinks."

He bettered his personal record at Barcelona with 1.9 seconds. His previous record was set with the BAR004, completely set up... the BAR005 wasn't fine tuned yet, it is still in the phase of shakedown... It looks good.. 8)
Last edited by Steven on 18 Jan 2003, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

SpeedTech
SpeedTech

Looks like HONDA is looking good this year. :) Actually now David Richards has got HIS team going, they look good for some good results.

I say this because David Richards has had his success with motorsports.....he is also getting into V8 Supercars, which is a local Motorsport in Australia. Also look what he did with Suburau Rally and sportscars. Now he is doing what Ecclstone did in F1!!!

Looking real good :D

Steven
Owner

The season has not yet started, and the people at B.A.R already have a luxury problem of not knowing exactly what engine to choose for running in Melbourne.

In the evening then hydraulics struck after some exercise starts. Wednesday began with a gearbox trouble, which put Villeneuve to center of the in the afternoon out of action, and only today ran it problem-free. "we unwound today many rounds, which is compared with the vortagen an enormous increase", explained the Canadian, who is in things reliability everything else as self-assured. "in addition we selected the tires for next running and are content we with the decision. The car is not fast and today mechanical problems arose, what is encouraging. If we come into the goal, we can get points at any time." Its zuversicht of the fable time of the today's daily is supported? more as one second faster than the remainder. To lead back this achievement explosion is partially also on the new hone since engine, because today for the first time that stage of development was used, which was to be used also in Melbourne. Shuhei Nakamoto, director of engineer with Honda, balanced as follows: "that was a further good test for the engine. The weather was good to us, we could some important points treat and have a step forward production. We made a check with the stage of development for Melbourne and on Sunday in Paul Ricard a last Long run test will complete." f1-total.com

Quick but unreliable so far... haven't I heard that with other teams also lately? :roll: :wink: