Forum hacked?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
segedunum

Re: Forum hacked?

freedom_honda wrote:Google Chrome is also warning me there is a malware on F1technical and suggested me to stay away from here.
I've never had a problem with Firefox, but Chrome caused the problem for me strangely when I visited this thread. It bizarrely installed something under the logged in using called Desktop Security or something that masquerades as the Windows security centre and runs when you log in pissing you off, claiming that you're infected and to give some company some money.

I had to completely delete my Vista user to get it to go away because it screws up some user settings as well. Another reason why you should run as a standard user. :wink:

Steven
Owner

Still any errors?
Personally I've never had one...

JohnsonsEvilTwin

My AVG anti virus keeps popping up with warning messages.

"Site blocked for your protection"

You can override the warning though.
More could have been done.
David Purley

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I had Windows Media Player try to open about an hour ago. It happened when I was in the "View Your Posts" screen and clicked refresh. This also happened yesterday. My virus scanner was also triggered when this happens.

Steven
Owner

Guys,

the top banner uses a separate adserver to track ads. I have disabled this for now, leaving the ads at the bottom untouched. I will see to fix this on Sunday, but until then no top ads.

If anymore problems arise, let me know ;)

Steven

rjsa

Tomba wrote:Guys,

the top banner uses a separate adserver to track ads. I have disabled this for now, leaving the ads at the bottom untouched. I will see to fix this on Sunday, but until then no top ads.

If anymore problems arise, let me know ;)

Steven
Not long ago hackers would work hard to crack into trusted companies's web sites to be able to plant suck gifts for the unsuspecting visitors.

Now Goolgle takes care of spreading them for 10 bucks a thousand infections. We will sooner or later have to revert to text ads and animated gif banners.

djones

Spyware from the forum?

Has anybody else had this issue?

On Friday when I came to this website I managed to pickup a fake security type program which was of course spyware.

Months and months back I had a similar problem on this exact site.

I'm no forum expert, but this looks very primitive. Are people some 'hacking' it?

I have never had a single issue on any other site....ever.

forty-two

Re: Spyware from the forum?

Yep, I got it too on Friday but it seemed to go away around 1500 BST.

Fortunately, my antivirus spotted it and closed Firefox before any damage was done.

The trouble was, I was then unable to notify the moderators of the problem as each time I tried to PM them, firefox was being shut-down.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

Steven
Owner

Did anyone still get a problem with this stuff?

I noticed when ads were turned off, I didn't get the problem anymore. I also found out google ads were not the problem, so it must have been our openx adserver.
I have disabled that one in favour of google ad manager, so I hope everything is fine now.

As this moves ad serving to another server, this should also slightly benefit performance of f1technical itself. Anyone noticed any changes?

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

The site has been running fine now with no problems for a couple of days now for me. Occasionaly a bit slow but that is maybe more to do with my internet connection.