McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Owen.C93

Re: McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

That model is just a placeholder for tomorrow, if you click the menu you see you can switch cars between Jenson's and Lewis's. It will be nice to view the MP4-26 in 3D tomorrow at least.

(Protip: Click the bottom bar and change quality to high)
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

PlatinumZealot

What I find bewildering is the height of the rear tyres and the way the sheet slopes over it.
The side pods more or less start sloping from the opening of the airbox.

This sheet is no normal sheet. It seems to be made of some stiff fibrous material. Carbon fibre cloth?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

scarbs

Tomorrow there'll be a 3D model of the car on the website that you can drive and manipulate. Usefully it wil be a quite accurate rendering of the car.

luca

scarbs wrote:Tomorrow there'll be a 3D model of the car on the website that you can drive and manipulate. Usefully it wil be a quite accurate rendering of the car.
Yep, I'm looking forward to it. :)
Fancy taking a sneak peek at the brand-new Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-26?

Our exclusive 3D model will be available for test drives following the car’s reveal, which will be streamed live from Berlin on mclaren.com tomorrow at 12pm CET (11am GMT or 6am EST).

You’ll be the first one to get behind the wheel – Lewis and Jenson won’t get to drive the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-26 before February 10!

http://mclaren.com/home

luca

http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 39908.html
[...]
Another problem Button had last year was his seating position. The design process of the car started way before he joined the team in the winter and his taller frame did not suit the cockpit. However, he said the new MP4-26, which will be launched on Friday, had been built with him in mind.

"I feel a lot more at home in the car, I haven't driven it yet, but the position in the car - I'm actually properly in and I feel very comfortable," he said. "I can really feel that the car has been built around me and obviously that was something that wasn't possible last year because I arrived so late at the team. I'm the tallest driver so I'm the limiting factor and I fit in very well and I'm in a much more comfortable position, which is important."
So at least the cockpit of the MP4-26 shouldn't be something particularly extreme.

rayden

guys, it has no mirrors, its not the car lol
some cheap and nasty 3d animation (very un-mclaren like)

Formula None

From wikileaks:

They said it would be drastic, but this is beyond drastic. This is desperate.

Hangaku

Who cares, it got everyone talking about it, right? =D>
Yer.

tarzoon

Formula None wrote:From wikileaks:

They said it would be drastic, but this is beyond drastic. This is desperate.
I like that roll bar!

luca

Here's the page on which the video streaming will appear: http://mclaren.com/livefromberlin/

There's a teaser picture with a very low nose...

Last edited by luca on 04 Feb 2011, 12:35, edited 2 times in total.

Hangaku

luca wrote:Here's the page on which the video streaming will appear: http://mclaren.com/livefromberlin/

There's a teaser picture with a very low nose...
Compared to their teaser render yesterday, with a very high nose!

The big teases.
Yer.

jason.parker.86

Suspect that we wont actually get to see the car until 12ish! Their will be about 1 hour of speeches before hand...

tarzoon

jason.parker.86 wrote:Suspect that we wont actually get to see the car until 12ish! Their will be about 1 hour of speeches before hand...
probably some 20 minutes of speeches. Withmarsh and a bloke from Vodafone and off you go to present the car. Otherwise it's boring

Cool intro! Now the car comes around with loads of fire and explosions, 3 donuts... top gear style.
Last edited by tarzoon on 04 Feb 2011, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

jason.parker.86

Im guessing they will sack Whitmarsh at the launch and announce Ron Dennis is making a come back :)

Sawtooth-spike

they have gone for a no nose concept!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!