Ferrari 150° Italia

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Tamburello

Re: Ferrari F150

Blackout wrote:Waw they did everything in order to keep a single pieced compact oil tank (unlike 2009) ! the MGU is inclined !

http://cdn.speciali.ferrari.com/foto_big/9.jpg

(sidepod front-nose-mp4-24 airbox)
The similarities with the the two last McLarens
i.e. not really any similarities. The nose is higher, the airbox rounder and the side pods a different shape on the F150.

ESPImperium

Is it any wonder that there will be McLaren simialarities on the F150 as Pat Fry is now at Ferarri???

Raptor22

ESPImperium wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:There is a way to design an exhaust blown diffusor under the new rules and I wonder if Ferrari has seen it?
Get one exaust hole to blow the starter hole and the other exaust to blow over the diffusers main plane to produce a blown diffuser in the central section.

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/01/2 ... solutions/

Scarabs has been telling on Twitter that there will be a considerable ammount of KERS dragging with the MGU under breaking. He has also just said that Ferarri have a new Innovative Suspension that links the front and rear suspensions via Hydrolics, will probably be passive, but control pitch of car and aid aero and mechanichal stability.

that is one method that scarbs cottoned onto, but there is another...

csponton

the rear suspension push rod? you have any photos of the rear suspension?

Tamburello

timbo wrote: No sign of Etihad to it seems
Abu Dhabi trying to avoid a conflict of interest in their forthcoming takeover of the commercial rights of F1?

FrukostScones

Can some eagle-eye spot the exaust???

The car looks boring. But the arrangement of the rear looks intriguing.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

747heavy

seing the ongoing debate on the forum, it´s interesting to see, that they keept a push-rod suspension on the rear. :wink:

Despite some people being sure it would be pull-rod.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

mx_tifoso

csponton wrote:the rear suspension push rod? you have any photos of the rear suspension?
Read the posts, yes, it is a push rod.

FrukostScones wrote:Can some eagle-eye spot the exaust???

The car looks boring. But the arrangement of the rear looks intriguing.
It seems that they are buried in the sidepods. I haven't seen them protrude as of yet. Interesting for sure.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

H. Zedozil

Ferrari confirm "The positioning of the KERS {battery} within the fuel cell "

timbo

747heavy wrote:seing the ongoing debate on the forum, it´s interesting to see, that they keept a push-rod suspension on the rear. :wink:

Despite some people being sure it would be pull-rod.
The pickup position is very forward, and look what they did to the beam wing
I doubt there's much benefit of having a pull-rod vs this except for thinner strut.

Goran2812

H. Zedozil wrote:Ferrari confirm "The positioning of the KERS {battery} within the fuel cell "
wow... that's, um... scarry... -.-
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

nacho

Little cooling holes next to airbox.

Crabbia

exhausts are low down and pretty much where they where last year before they blew them directly into the diffusor. if you want to see them look at the side view of the f150 and then use the heat resistant black material as your guide. nothing really astonding but they are placed nice and low on the floor.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

FrukostScones

H. Zedozil wrote:Ferrari confirm "The positioning of the KERS {battery} within the fuel cell "
:o I think Red Bull could also have this solution, as Adrian Newey was pointing out an interesting packaging solution for the battery. And that is the craziest one I guess...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Crabbia

FrukostScones wrote:
:o I think Red Bull could also have this solution, as Adrian Newey was pointing out an interesting packaging solution for the battery. And that is the craziest one I guess...
wouldnt the batteries get too hot and start heating up the fuel. and arent there ambient temprature related restrictions on the temperature of the fuel. or is it air?
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...