HRT F111 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dice782

Re: HRT F111 Cosworth

donskar wrote:
Websta wrote:
dice782 wrote: Things are just too quite with HRT at the moment still no news about the car they must be really busy.
I think they are hiding a mercury anti-dive suspension system and a F-duct front wing - why else would they be waiting so long to unveil?
Why are they waiting so long? Is it possible that they are the weakest team in F1, and maybe should not be in F1 at all? I have no personal interest in the team, positive or negative, but they do bring to mind the sad farces of Andrea Moda and other F1 disasters (Tecno, Footwork, Merzario, ad nauseum). Sorry, don't mean to be nasty, but HRT might want to give F2 a try.
HRT are not as bad as the media make them out to be, yes they are small and on a limited budget but most new team starting from scratch go through the same thing . GO to this years car thread you can read more what I am talking about. You can join in the discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10957

otherwise the admin guy is going to scold me for talking about the car here.

matt21

Reuters wrote:Martin said he also had two 2011 cars, one complete, and a scale model of the 2012 car as well as most of the garage equipment.

“The other 2011 car has gone to Pirelli,” he said.

A spokeswoman for the Italian company said it would be repainted in Pirelli’s black and yellow colours and used as a static ‘show car’ on display in dealerships and at promotional events.

Pirelli have a 2010 Renault car for use in private tyre testing after entering the sport as sole supplier in 2011 and using a 2009 Toyota.
Also there a rumours that Pirelli would use it as test car. But for me it makes no sense as the F111 was too far behind the state of the art.

Gridlock

matt21 wrote:Also there a rumours that Pirelli would use it as test car. But for me it makes no sense as the F111 was too far behind the state of the art.
How well do you think a TF109 would have raced in the 2012 season?

ESPImperium

Gridlock wrote:
matt21 wrote:Also there a rumours that Pirelli would use it as test car. But for me it makes no sense as the F111 was too far behind the state of the art.
Pirelli have bought two HRT cars, they have a F111 and the HRT Showcar that was a old VJM/02 or VJM/03.

They, Pirelli, as i understand are looking to run the F111 as a comparison car to the R30. The reason for this is to get a wider scope of data as they want to try and use the F111 to see hoe quickly a tyre can warm up and then use the R30 for durability on the tyre. Cosworth and WIlliams are on side with this to supply a rear end for the F111 Pirelli have as well, with the F111 also being updated slightly as well.

As it is, the HRT parts are already making their way onto EBay as there is a De La Rosa steering wheel on there already for €40,000.

matt21

Gridlock wrote:
As it has a double diffusor, the wheel fairings and so on, I thiink better than an HRT.

Grand Prix Spain 2009 Q1:
Timo Glock, Toyota: 1:20.877

Grand Prix Spain 2012 Q1:
De La Rosa, HRT: 1:27.555
Hamilton, McLaren: 1:22.583