F1technical server situation (speed/availability)

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
bot6

Re: F1technical server situation (speed/availability)

MySQL error is gone!

I also had problems with replying to threads, where I was prompted to download "submit.php" instead of my post being sent.

If you can see this, then that's sorted too! =D>

EDIT: Yup, works like a charm. Well done guys!

Steven
Owner

Just an update of the current situation:

the problems yesterday were due to a miscommunication between me and the hosting company. Config on the server wasn't optimal, and eventually the hard disk filled up with nonsense, hence not allowing mysql to write any more data. Tables got corrupted as a result, and it took a while to repair them.

Homepage is still not entirely complete but I'm working on that as well. Devblog itself still works though, so it's not that much of a problem.

As said before, I'm rewriting the photo gallery to reduce from the memory and processing requirements at the moment (mostly due to bad software architecture out of my hands).

Please feel free to mail me at webmaster@f1technical.net or post on twitter when you see a problem with the site! Thanks

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Just had this error at 22:24 (UK time) which lasted for circa 30 minutes.

Steven
Owner

You should've emailed me directly andrew, it would have been fixed faster ;)
Table crash is the pain of downtime yesterday, again caused by gallery.

As said before, I'm working on a new one, and I'm nearly done. Will be basic in terms of functionality, but all images in the current gallery will be there as well. Features to be re-added after going live.

Introducing the new gallery will include a bit of downtime, but I'll send a notification when things are ready to go.