Exhaust Blown Floor - Forward Exhaust Exit

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
godlameroso

Re: Exhaust Blown Floor - Forward Exhaust Exit

F1 IP is worth millions, I doubt these things would get much discussion here, on a public forum. Regardless of the benefit of sharing knowledge, I'm sure people in F1 read these forums and laugh at our inaccuracies 75% of the time. In any case, like I said, you won't get much from F1 people, relevant info tends to go in but not come out. So even if we're giving them ideas indirectly they will not share what they discover, because they have all the testing equipment and CFD facilities while we're stuck with desktops, and work experience.
Saishū kōnā

strad

To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

PNSD

godlameroso wrote:F1 IP is worth millions, I doubt these things would get much discussion here, on a public forum. Regardless of the benefit of sharing knowledge, I'm sure people in F1 read these forums and laugh at our inaccuracies 75% of the time. In any case, like I said, you won't get much from F1 people, relevant info tends to go in but not come out. So even if we're giving them ideas indirectly they will not share what they discover, because they have all the testing equipment and CFD facilities while we're stuck with desktops, and work experience.
Maybe true but there is no need to this Brother chap to waltz in and pretty say, "we laugh at you, but hey we cant tell you why."

It does nothing for myself, yourself, but only to boost his own ego as far as im concerned.

If he can not tell me why he and his pal's find this thread so funny, then I would rather he kept away and found his entertainment elsewhere. Personally I am not one to find entertainment out of other people in a way such as this, but who am I to judge what others do with their free time ;-).

Is this fair or not?

godlameroso

I agree, I think it's unfair to pique our interest, and then deny us, why speak at all? I was just making an observation.
Saishū kōnā

Sonic59

PNSD wrote:
godlameroso wrote:F1 IP is worth millions, I doubt these things would get much discussion here, on a public forum. Regardless of the benefit of sharing knowledge, I'm sure people in F1 read these forums and laugh at our inaccuracies 75% of the time. In any case, like I said, you won't get much from F1 people, relevant info tends to go in but not come out. So even if we're giving them ideas indirectly they will not share what they discover, because they have all the testing equipment and CFD facilities while we're stuck with desktops, and work experience.
Maybe true but there is no need to this Brother chap to waltz in and pretty say, "we laugh at you, but hey we cant tell you why."

It does nothing for myself, yourself, but only to boost his own ego as far as im concerned.

If he can not tell me why he and his pal's find this thread so funny, then I would rather he kept away and found his entertainment elsewhere. Personally I am not one to find entertainment out of other people in a way such as this, but who am I to judge what others do with their free time ;-).

Is this fair or not?
Well, untill Brother will not reply and clear for us his thoughts all we can get is guesses. The only lesson we can get from this situation is that you always have to express yourself clearly, not leaving space for misunderstanding. It is very important.
numbers don't lie

ringo

I guess he's the X renault engineer scarbs got his info from. :wink:

Concerning the simple model of the floor ejector, i need to find the time, but i'll try.

Brother X may not want to speak too much, but i guess he doesn't have his old job at renault. So maybe he should be able to spill a few beans.
I never fawn over these inside scoopers though. They gotta bring the facts first.
Too easy to be misled by empty words.
For Sure!!

shelly

It is a shame that brother posted just to say "amazing", without adding anything to the discussion.

While it can be funny seeing people discuss erraticly about something they do not know, but you have knowledge about, I understand the reactions of some posters, even if they have been a bit harsh.

I think that between f1 engineers there are those that have pursued that career because in their teens and later they had been f1 fanatics, and those who have chosen the job just for the technical challenge in it.

While the latter may genuinely not understand the hype in discussing about f1 shapes, the former (sadly) quickly forget when they themselves had no clue about how f1 aero works, and just wondered on the basis of some vague so called "technical" article.

Both experiences however do not give excuses for misbehaving.
twitter: @armchair_aero

volarchico

madly wrote:Image

I grabbed this from the R31 thread. Any thoughts about the angle of the internal turning vane? Isn't this steeper rearward than previously? Or maybe I just didn't notice it before...

ringo

It has always been there.

what's new is the lip on the exhaust.
For Sure!!

ubrben

Brother wrote:As somebody who used to work with Renault on these floors I find this thread absolutely amazing.

As an office we have not enjoyed a thread this much since the R30 thread in the days of the diffuser rows.

Making this grey Saturday behind our screens just about bearable, Thanks
Surely "As an office we" and "somebody who used to work" are contradictory. If you used to work there there isn't a "we" anymore... :-p

If you really do work there I'd get back to your screens and try and work out why you started well this season then decided fighting Williams for 15th place was more fun than the podium.

Ben

volarchico

ringo wrote:It has always been there.

what's new is the lip on the exhaust.
My actual question was about the angle of the turning-vane, not if it had been there or not. Previously I thought it was angled more out-board and not as much backwards.

shelly

You men the isnside turning vane, or the pod wing with number 9 on it?
twitter: @armchair_aero

volarchico

Correct...the internal vane inside the exhaust exit.

MIKEY_!

ubrben wrote:
Brother wrote:As somebody who used to work with Renault on these floors I find this thread absolutely amazing.

As an office we have not enjoyed a thread this much since the R30 thread in the days of the diffuser rows.

Making this grey Saturday behind our screens just about bearable, Thanks
Surely "As an office we" and "somebody who used to work" are contradictory. If you used to work there there isn't a "we" anymore... :-p

If you really do work there I'd get back to your screens and try and work out why you started well this season then decided fighting Williams for 15th place was more fun than the podium.

Ben
Perhaps the 'office' includes more than just the floor people. This person is now in another role. But lets face it this is just as likely to be some random making stuff up.
Brother wrote: A poor excuse to bump up a very interesting topic but I thought I would chuck my 2 pence in to say that most F1 teams already vary honeycomb dimensions within a single part.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick then I will stop talking and go back to being a quasi-stalker come lurker.
From the 'your best f1 concept with the current rules' thread. If brother works with a team in the technical area than brother would know this stuff.

ringo

volarchico wrote:Correct...the internal vane inside the exhaust exit.
Yep it has been there from the beginning.
For Sure!!