Exhaust Blown Floor - Forward Exhaust Exit

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
MIKEY_!

Re: Exhaust Blown Floor - Forward Exhaust Exit

We know that. The question was whether the vane had changed in angle or not. I would say yes as different speed tracks would require different angles of exhaust flow.

Brother

Not wanting to detract from the thread but you really get people joining a forum pretending to work with F1? Thats almost as sad as getting up at 5am to sit in front of a computer for 13 hours.

shelly

...not to mention night shifts...
twitter: @armchair_aero

raymondu999

Brother wrote:Not wanting to detract from the thread but you really get people joining a forum pretending to work with F1? Thats almost as sad as getting up at 5am to sit in front of a computer for 13 hours.
F1 engineers have lost their jobs because of this forum. Just FYI
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

strad

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Giblet

What we actually had was a carbon layup guy from a top team that said too much about his job and the new car, and was then canned. It 'made the papers'. He has since moved to a different team and still participates under a different name.

We haven't had an engineer get fired we know of, but considering that Scarbs interviews these engineers, and he posts here, its not a far stretch to assume they read here from time to time.

There are not that many F1 technical websites so it makes sense that many people in F1 would read from time to time.

We have some users here that are actual engineers in other racing series.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

PNSD

Brother wrote:Not wanting to detract from the thread but you really get people joining a forum pretending to work with F1? Thats almost as sad as getting up at 5am to sit in front of a computer for 13 hours.
You'll find few people do that around here. Then again, surely that description would best fit the role of a design engineer or CFD engineer.

Your young are you not? I could not imagine anyone above the age of 25 posting here with a pre-tense of being better than the rest of us. Secondly, I would say someone more mature, or at least someone with something worthwhile saying, would actually contribute in a positive manner. Therefore you would probably be better to do yourself a favour and kindly, and quietly piss off. Or at least make an attempt to contribute, if you course you can step off that rather high horse you appear to be riding :).

ringo

I believe brother. He's welcome on the forum. :lol:

What's the difference if he's real or fake?

He's not contributing anyway, so he might as well be bernie ecklestone. It doesn't make a difference.
For Sure!!

MIKEY_!

=D> =D> =D> :lol:

JohnsonsEvilTwin

:lol:
More could have been done.
David Purley

Giblet

You know what is really funny?

We can see IP addresses and can see that Big Norb is just Tozza Mazza in disguise.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Tozza Mazza

I know, I did this as a joke :oops:

Its just a humourus response to what some people are putting about others, everyone lighten up a bit.

MIKEY_!

GOOD tozza. :lol: you are right this was getting WAY to intense.

Brother

I don't spend any time discussing technical stuff as I value my job far too much. I have spent most of my working life in Defence so know how expensive a few loose words can be.

And yes I know teams read these sites. Nobody is as good at spotting changes in cars like you guys are; and you always seem to get pictures.

I would gladly talk about any technical query as long as its not using an F1 car as an example. I am reasonably active on a Defence forum and I have to go to great lengths to discuss technology through quoting 3rd parties. Its just not worth the effort in F1 as there are so many more rumour mills in Defence.

My general area of work is Composites.

hardingfv32

OK... composites it is.

How do you lay-up a front wing that has a non-linear response to the FIA bend/load test? Say something with a knee in the curve?

Brian