Chinese GP 2011 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Chinese GP 2011 - Shanghai

Pup wrote:That air is gross. I think the teams could run empty and just burn the intake. :wtf:
apparently it's dust from a nearby cement plant
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CyleB

that has to be wrecking the engine output
Look mama I'm going fast- Ricky Bobby

Caito

Nevermind guys, got one. Ask if you need it.

Bye!
Come back 747, we miss you!!

mx_tifoso

I thought the track was foggy?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Caito

If you remove the redbulls there's almost 14 cars in a second
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Poleman

I dont think the redbulls were testing anything apart their kers reliability so it was normal for them to go full throttle.McLaren testing floors again-Ferrari wings-Renault bits and pieces.Second practice or qualy things will be a lot closer i believe.Not that much to read from that session apart from a dirty and dusty track.

CyleB

im surprised by the gap between Massa and Alanso... do u think the 150 doesnt suit Alanso's style?

ringo

:lol:
Gotta love the ferrari driver excuses when Massa does better.
Kimi wasn't motivated and now the car doesn't suit Alonso one of the most adaptable on the grid.

I wouldn't worry about P1. Alonso may be testing something. Probably he will pick up the pace in P3.
For Sure!!

CyleB

im not a Ferrari fan i was just wondering what the deal might be.... Go RBR

CHT
CHT

Poleman wrote:I dont think the redbulls were testing anything apart their kers reliability so it was normal for them to go full throttle.McLaren testing floors again-Ferrari wings-Renault bits and pieces.Second practice or qualy things will be a lot closer i believe.Not that much to read from that session apart from a dirty and dusty track.
Every cars should be on full throttle during practice, the only difference is fuel load, setup and testing program. I dont think RBR need to run on low fuel or in qualifying trim to test KERS reliability unless they are evaluating if their cars are quick enough to race without KERS.

Having said that, I honestly doubt RBR will show their full potential during practice.

Mr Alcatraz

CyleB wrote:im surprised by the gap between Massa and Alanso... do u think the 150 doesnt suit Alanso's style?
Alonso spent most of the session with flow vis on their new front wing for the first hour and didn't even post a time until about 25 mins left in the session. Then ran a one or two laps, came back in, and ran the rest of his laps with high fuel.
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 15 Apr 2011, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

CyleB

ok i only had timing and scoring so i didnt get to see anything... i have noticed the RBRs qualifying times are about 1 sec faster then practice

CHT
CHT

Tazio wrote:
CyleB wrote:im surprised by the gap between Massa and Alanso... do u think the 150 doesnt suit Alanso's style?
Alonso spent most of the session with flow vis on their new front wing for the first hour and didn't even post a time until about 25 mins in the session. Then ran a one or two laps, came back in, and ran the rest of his laps with high fuel.
are they testing the new flexible wing?

kakogohrena

Lotus flaxible wing

Mr Alcatraz

CHT wrote:
Tazio wrote:
Alonso spent most of the session with flow vis on their new front wing for the first hour and didn't even post a time until about 25 mins in the session. Then ran a one or two laps, came back in, and ran the rest of his laps with high fuel.
are they testing the new flexible wing?
Your guess is as good as mine. It was a new wing.It was hard to see anything as the track was engulfed in a really thick cloud. According to the commentators they said it was from a concrete plant next to the track. It did appear to me that the wing was a little closer to the track, but I couldn't notice any flex. And all of his timed laps were done with a wing that didn’t have the flow vis. So I’m not even sure it was the same wing.
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 15 Apr 2011, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand