A paperboard Red Bull RB7

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
mx_tifoso

Re: A paperboard Red Bull RB7

Bravo Paul! =D>

Bringing this gem out of the off topic cave really did wonders...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

xpensive

Whith the images presented, together with its obvious attention of quality, I can only stand in awe, xpexting another Red Bull season.

I will bring these pics to the office, haunting the kids forever, can you do that?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

auto saibot

brilliant work paul =D> =D> the whole car is a treat for the eyes (wheels are magnificent :D )
i really hope that my next build will be somewhere around your rb7's standards :D
keep it up man

finishline

Brilliant, thanks for sharing.

delacf

Oh, my God !!! It´s incredible.

Regards,

dela

Mr.G

Congratulations! Well done for a non CAD model!
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

manchild

Hope there's no chance for a leak in the room where you keep it :lol:

I haven't been commenting before, although I was lurking. Anyone could make a detail or two, but to dedicate himself so much into something on the level of Fabergé, without free form but obligation to copy exact dimensions and 3D shapes is really amazing. I hope someone recognizes your talent and capabilities.

BTW, I've read something about liquid magnets DIY, so perhaps that could be the solution for your engine cover fixing.

Check the articles

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab& ... 6474bcae3f

stefan_

It looks amazing, good job.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Noemfster_ZA

Long time reader of F1Technical Forums , but must say I was compelled by you to make my first post . Great Job Paul , really amazing work , a true inspiration =D>

gray41

amazing work!
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

PaulB

Thanks folks!
mrmr wrote:Really unbelievable! All paper? It looks race-able, but you're going to have to add a LOT of tungsten to get it up to weight.
Almost all paper. Only the wind scren, the rear mirrors, a few heat sields and the reinforcement of the suspension isn't paper. I do not have to add a lot of balast to the car. My car has 534g, and for the regulations - converted to 1:10 scale, it should has 570g.
Noemfster_ZA wrote:Long time reader of F1Technical Forums , but must say I was compelled by you to make my first post . Great Job Paul , really amazing work , a true inspiration =D>
Nice one, thanks!

Today in the morning, I returned from my visit of the RBT factory at Milton Keynes. I was amazed, how well known my model already was when I arrived there. Poorly Adrian and Christian weren's there to take a look at it. But Rob and the guys were really amazed by my model, what was really nice to recognise. The interview itself went quite well. In about two weeks they'll contact me again and then I'll know more...

Cheers,
Paul
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

Robbobnob

Awesome Paul!!

So when are you starting the RB8??
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

PaulB

Robbobnob wrote:Awesome Paul!!

So when are you starting the RB8??
:lol: No RB8. I've seen too much of that car at MK.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

Robbobnob

sworn to secrecy then?
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna