2024 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mr Brooksy

Re: 2024 Williams Racing F1 Team

Nice to hear that Dave Robson is confident of improvements in the area of front brake locking as we have struggled with this over the past few years.

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/will ... -priority/
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Mr Brooksy

I feel like the Hamilton news might put paid to Williams chances of holding onto Alex. The bigger teams will now be looking pretty seriously at Albon due to his great work at Williams over the last 2 years and he will be very happy to move up the grid without the need to wait for Williams to come good...

organic

Mr Brooksy wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 10:06
I feel like the Hamilton news might put paid to Williams chances of holding onto Alex. The bigger teams will now be looking pretty seriously at Albon due to his great work at Williams over the last 2 years and he will be very happy to move up the grid without the need to wait for Williams to come good...
The driver market will be very fluid. If Williams continue their positive progression up the grid, it may be a good chance to pick up another talent from the grid however. As good as Albon seems and perfect for Williams he is at the moment, he's not the only option!

I can see Sargeant pushing Albon hard especially in the races this year. At the end of 2023 Sargeant was often within a tenth of Alex's race pace. Even with Albon potentially leaving, Sargeant is developing nicely

Plus Antonelli may need a home for a while :D

ScottR267
ScottR267

Moctecus

Maybe it's nothing, but there's a chance Williams might be working on an Advanced Engineering / Applied Technologies division.
On January 25th 2024, a new company by the name of WILLIAMS GRAND PRIX TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED was registered at Companies House. It's based in Grove, owned by BCE LLC (Dorilton), and has key Williams-F1-personnel as directors.

Nature of business (SIC):
71122 - Engineering related scientific and technical consulting activities
71129 - Other engineering activities
71200 - Technical testing and analysis
74909 - Other professional, scientific and technical activities not elsewhere classified

That sounds like a company that actually does something and is not just a holding company that only exists on paper. While TD45 should have put an end to the trickery teams got up to with sub-companies and the budget cap, the other benefits of an Advanced Engineering division remain (monetising know-how, utilising the full capacity of staff and equipment over the whole year, employing excess F1 staff). McLaren, Red Bull, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Sauber, and Alpine currently have such a division.
Williams, of course, previously had their Williams Advanced Engineering division which dates back to 2010, but it is no longer owned by them. In 2019 a majority stake was sold to EMK Capital, and in 2022 Fortescue Metals Group acquired 100% of the company and later rebranded it as WAE.

Mr Brooksy

That's an awesome find Moctecus!

It makes complete sense to re-establish the advanced engineering division moving forward. It's such a shame Williams felt they needed to sell the old entity!

wogx

Last edited by wogx on 05 Feb 2024, 16:46, edited 2 times in total.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

organic

Looks alright clean nice

Holm86

So definitely only a livery launch, damn I hate this trend

SiLo

I actually expect the Mercedes to look incredibly similar to this, along with the rest of the grid. Glad they kept the Duracell branding in the correct place!
Felipe Baby!

organic

SiLo wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 16:45
I actually expect the Mercedes to look incredibly similar to this, along with the rest of the grid. Glad they kept the Duracell branding in the correct place!
This is just the FW45 with new livery. But I agree that surely most cars end up looking much like this

gastonmazzacane

I like that they have more sponsors!

CjC
CjC

Komatsu….
The tractor jokes have been rife these past few seasons but Williams have just upped the ante and put any potential meme makers into overdrive :lol:
Just a fan's point of view

fasterthanks
fasterthanks

Apparently Albon and Sargeant are doing a meet and greet tonight at the Puma store in New York, where they have a show car. When I went by at about 1pm lots of people were already lined up, three hours later the line was down the block.

It’s a nice livery, although the nose looks like it belongs on an Alpine- very similar to their blue with red and white stripes.

Mr Brooksy

I'm excited to see a global giant getting behind Williams, especially one that we have good history with! And Komatsu is huge, it's not some unknown Telco, sports drink or watch maker.

What I find interesting is the objections towards Komatsu... It's way more than tractors, fork lifts etc. Komatsu is just as much an engineering company than a simple tractor builder. Being the world's second largest heavy industry supplier with a revenue of about £12.8 Billion (according to a quick search), this is a serious partner! And they are getting behind Williams, which suddenly makes us even more interesting to other larger potential partners thanks to Komatsu.

This can only be a good thing.