2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
falonso81

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

So the updated car did not run today?

Xyz22
Xyz22

Space-heat wrote:
09 May 2024, 15:48
Xyz22 wrote:
09 May 2024, 15:28
This is the biggest upgrade package Ferrari has worked on since i'd say 2012. In recent years, they have never brought a massive package to a single race weekend. The Spain update last year was an outlier as the goal was to start getting real track data on the downwash concept.

I can't wait to see the changes and the impact on car behavior. It will be a very significant test for the Technical team as well now that is completely under the leadership of Enrico Cardile.
Too much hype. One hope is that, it was mentioned in the first formula uno article on the overbite, that the RBR engineers Ferrari traded for Laurent Mekies (Ferrari were apparently already on the concept) they were able to input. Hopefully, they might have acted as a sanity check on the new direction from their experience in RBR.

I can not wait for Imola, but more nervous than anything for the implosion that will happen if they only deliver 1-2 tenths now that the bar has been raised. I would have felt much better if this ForumlaUno article dropped next week after the filming. Be interesting to see if their is a less enthusiastic brief next week to rein in expectations.
For me, hype doesn't matter. The fact that this is the biggest upgrade package Ferrari has worked on for a long time is a fact.
Moreover, we shouldn't "bet" everything on Imola. Maybe it will require 2-3 races to extract the full potential of the new car.

I don't care about the 0.3s/04.s/0.25s reports. If you look at Leclerc interviews in the last few rounds, you can easily see how high are the expectations internally in Ferrari.

We'll have to wait and see if everything goes according to plan and what they saw on the wind tunnel / simulator work as expected or maybe even better.

sunny1304r
sunny1304r

falonso81 wrote:
09 May 2024, 15:52
So the updated car did not run today?
The updated car will run tomorrow.

yooogurt

According to formula uno
Ferrari will revise the floor in its entirety in relation to the internal drifts of the Venturi entrances
If everything goes to plan in Maranello, the step should be around 15 overall load-efficiency points, which would mean 3 tenths per lap, with an even more ambitious target in terms of race pace.
https://formu1a.uno/it/esclusiva-ferrar ... sf-24-2-0/

3 tenths only by floor sound very encouraging
FORZA FERRARI!

matteosc
matteosc

Re: Ferrari SF-24

Jakxy wrote:
09 May 2024, 11:39
Vanja #66 wrote:
09 May 2024, 11:18
Please let's not post old cars in latest car threads, thanks
today’s test with last year's car?
They tested both 2022 and current 2024 versions, but without the Imola update.
They will test the Imola update tomorrow.

F1NAC

yooogurt wrote:
09 May 2024, 16:48
According to formula uno
Ferrari will revise the floor in its entirety in relation to the internal drifts of the Venturi entrances
If everything goes to plan in Maranello, the step should be around 15 overall load-efficiency points, which would mean 3 tenths per lap, with an even more ambitious target in terms of race pace.
https://formu1a.uno/it/esclusiva-ferrar ... sf-24-2-0/

3 tenths only by floor sound very encouraging
It is a package as whole

yooogurt

F1NAC wrote:
09 May 2024, 17:24
It is a package as whole
I don't think so, 3 tenths was written specifically about the floor. If there was a total package, this information should have been in a separate paragraph.

"The body will be a consequent evolution, and the chutes above the bellies will also undergo a consequent revision. The interior relatively to the arrangement of the radiant masses will undergo no change in the placement of the heat exchangers. The bottom-which to call new is not an understatement-will carry much of the extra load.

The floor will be revised in its entirety, with some solutions that could be called "interesting" relative to the internal drifts of the venturi inlets. If all goes as well as they hope in Maranello, the step should be in the neighborhood of 15 points overall load-efficiency, would mean 3 tenths per lap, with an even more ambitious target in terms of race pace. The so-called "base" version of Cardile's car was created to offer a wider sleeve in development, and the one we will see at Imola will be a more pushed version of the concepts initially adopted on the SF-24."
FORZA FERRARI!

dialtone
dialtone

yooogurt wrote:
F1NAC wrote:
09 May 2024, 17:24
It is a package as whole
I don't think so, 3 tenths was written specifically about the floor. If there was a total package, this information should have been in a separate paragraph.

"The body will be a consequent evolution, and the chutes above the bellies will also undergo a consequent revision. The interior relatively to the arrangement of the radiant masses will undergo no change in the placement of the heat exchangers. The bottom-which to call new is not an understatement-will carry much of the extra load.

The floor will be revised in its entirety, with some solutions that could be called "interesting" relative to the internal drifts of the venturi inlets. If all goes as well as they hope in Maranello, the step should be in the neighborhood of 15 points overall load-efficiency, would mean 3 tenths per lap, with an even more ambitious target in terms of race pace. The so-called "base" version of Cardile's car was created to offer a wider sleeve in development, and the one we will see at Imola will be a more pushed version of the concepts initially adopted on the SF-24."
The title of the section in the italian article is that both will amount to 0.3s but I’ll just wait and see it on track as the time gain is track dependent anyway.

yooogurt

dialtone wrote:
09 May 2024, 17:44
The title of the section in the italian article is that both will amount to 0.3s but I’ll just wait and see it on track as the time gain is track dependent anyway.
I think that not even the overall pace is important, but the aero efficiency to finally start to get the advantage of the 066/12 on the straights, and normal tire warm up, because even in hot Miami, there were heating problems at the beginning of the stints.
ps. and speed improvements in the slow cornes, of course.
FORZA FERRARI!

Vanja #66

The article is well put and comprehensive, but hopefully the hopium thins down. Vasseur was clear - there can't be big steps in car development any more. :) Red Bull are well in the lead and Imola will be more like Japan and China most likely, since they too will bring a set of updates

The interesting bit will be seeing what kind of change will they make on the rear wing :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

interesting analysis from Formula Data Analysis

FORZA FERRARI!

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

Vanja #66 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:03
The article is well put and comprehensive, but hopefully the hopium thins down. Vasseur was clear - there can't be big steps in car development any more. :) Red Bull are well in the lead and Imola will be more like Japan and China most likely, since they too will bring a set of updates

The interesting bit will be seeing what kind of change will they make on the rear wing :lol:
Very underwhelming indeed. Let's hope they'll end up second best in WCC (difficult). And let's acknowledge Vasseur's intellectual honesty nevertheless. He's not saying we're playing catch up, we're just one tenth behind, in the second half of the season blah blah... He's already saying "no way" even before traditional turning point of Barcelona.
Last edited by AmateurDriver on 09 May 2024, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
Red Bull are well in the lead and Imola will be more like Japan and China most likely, since they too will bring a set of updates
I mean with -3 tenth pace and better aero efficiency and normal tire warm up, we could put some serious pressure on RB20 in Suzuka.
But yes, it remains to be seen what RB will bring to Imola, but i somehow doubt that they have managed to prepare the notional 2 tenths from Suzuka to Imola in such a short period of time. Realistically sounds one-tenth at most.
FORZA FERRARI!

Vanja #66

yooogurt wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:10
interesting analysis from Formula Data Analysis

https://i.imgur.com/JIiyPZk.jpeg
Highly unlikely. The more reasonable explanation is Max going under the car's limit there to prevent tyre overheating, since it was very hot with no clouds and the day before saw McLarens get caught out by this. While Red Bull did not go over the Top Speed of Ferrari, they did accelerate and reach it quicker. Perez had 340kmh Top Speed and same 229kmh T5 minimum speed.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
Red Bull are well in the lead and Imola will be more like Japan and China most likely, since they too will bring a set of updates
You said the same thing before Miami.