2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Nikosar
Nikosar

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

We should expect a significant change as this Imola package is highly sponsored by Krack and Fallows since the pre-season. Let's not forget Fallows pre season interview where he was saying that Aston will fight Red Bull this year. They are talking about a new floor, new aerodynamic elements, new diffuser and new suspension.

We will see how the car improves.

However we are already hearing impressive/scary number from Ferrari heavily inspired by Red Bull+ Ferrari had now the chance to pre test the package with the FIA test.

Mclaren already showed that the new package worked very well.

So for the first time we will be able to see if Aston solved the issue of the last year of incorrect data correlation between the data from the factory engineering and the race/car engineering

xReVo
xReVo

Nikosar wrote:
10 May 2024, 16:52
We should expect a significant change as this Imola package is highly sponsored by Krack and Fallows since the pre-season. Let's not forget Fallows pre season interview where he was saying that Aston will fight Red Bull this year. They are talking about a new floor, new aerodynamic elements, new diffuser and new suspension.

However we are already hearing impressive/scary number from Ferrari heavily inspired by Red Bull+ Ferrari had now the chance to pre test the package with the FIA test.

So for the first time we will be able to see if Aston solved the issue of the last year of incorrect data correlation between the data from the factory engineering and the race/car engineering
Spoiler: no

issey
issey

xReVo wrote:
10 May 2024, 19:46
Nikosar wrote:

I wonder what you are even doing in here. Everything you do in here is hating on the team literally every message.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Tbh I think they would be able to follow mclarens or red bulls overbite considering how good their packaging looks

diffuser

SSJ4 wrote:
10 May 2024, 22:31
Tbh I think they would be able to follow mclarens or red bulls overbite considering how good their packaging looks
They don't have the man power or the environment yet.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

With hindsight, Alonso/AMR were correct about how the beginning of 2023 would corrupt expectations (including my own). Bahrain 2023 was both a gift and a curse.

Realistically, the team is about 1 year behind Mclaren in terms of the maturation of the various institutional improvement projects including the new windtunnel, new buildings, new engine supplier, gearbox/rear suspension development, etc etc.

The new windtunnel is stated to be operational by late summer. It's first project will be the 2025 car but even Aston knows that they have to commit resources to the 2026 car as soon as January 1st 2025 comes.

It is easy to get caught up in short term performance (as I also did), but it's clear that the full impact of the investment made into this team will not be seen until 2026. 2023 was an overperformance relative teams who had better resources. Ferrari/Mclaren in particular are now where they should have been last year based on their resources, people, and technology.

bingaboy
bingaboy

issey wrote:
10 May 2024, 22:15
xReVo wrote:
Nikosar wrote:

I wonder what you are even doing in here. Everything you do in here is hating on the team literally every message.
typical alonso fans, hating on whichever team he has been, since mid 00s

i think the mods should let these guys make their own separate channel where they can spew their toxic negativity 24/7

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

AR3-GP wrote:
11 May 2024, 03:12
With hindsight, Alonso/AMR were correct about how the beginning of 2023 would corrupt expectations (including my own). Bahrain 2023 was both a gift and a curse.

[...]

It is easy to get caught up in short term performance (as I also did), but it's clear that the full impact of the investment made into this team will not be seen until 2026. 2023 was an overperformance relative teams who had better resources. Ferrari/Mclaren in particular are now where they should have been last year based on their resources, people, and technology.
Well put. =D>

xReVo
xReVo

bingaboy wrote:
11 May 2024, 13:22
issey wrote:
xReVo wrote:

i think the mods should let these guys make their own separate channel where they can spew their toxic negativity 24/7
Being realistic does not mean hating a team, I am very grateful to Aston Martin for giving Alonso the podiums, but I also have the vision to understand that in my opinion they are going nowhere he starts with this mentality and Alonso doesn't have many years left in F1. As a fan of Alonso and F1, a driver like him deserves to fight in the top positions, so I don't care if I'm for you bad or not, I am realistic and honest.

xReVo
xReVo

AR3-GP wrote:

Realistically, the team is about 1 year behind Mclaren in terms of the maturation of the various institutional improvement projects including the new windtunnel, new buildings, new engine supplier, gearbox/rear suspension development, etc etc.

The new windtunnel is stated to be operational by late summer. It's first project will be the 2025 car but even Aston knows that they have to commit resources to the 2026 car as soon as January 1st 2025 comes.

Aston Martin has engineers who in my opinion are even better than McLaren's and will have their own sole engine supplier, so on paper they are superior to McLaren. The ownership of the team itself is also superior, so I don't see why you still think that McLaren is as unattainable as Ferrari. The infrastructure it currently has is of the highest level like the Mercedes wind tunnel, so enough with these things too.

bingaboy
bingaboy

xReVo wrote:
11 May 2024, 14:43
bingaboy wrote:
issey wrote:

Being realistic does not mean hating a team, I am very grateful to Aston Martin for giving Alonso the podiums, but I also have the vision to understand that in my opinion they are going nowhere he starts with this mentality and Alonso doesn't have many years left in F1. As a fan of Alonso and F1, a driver like him deserves to fight in the top positions, so I don't care if I'm for you bad or not, I am realistic and honest.
calling yourself a realist while being toxic and entitled all the time.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

xReVo wrote:
11 May 2024, 14:45
AR3-GP wrote:

Aston Martin has engineers who in my opinion are even better than McLaren's and will have their own sole engine supplier, so on paper they are superior to McLaren. The ownership of the team itself is also superior, so I don't see why you still think that McLaren is as unattainable as Ferrari. The infrastructure it currently has is of the highest level like the Mercedes wind tunnel, so enough with these things too.
I don't think we have a disagreement.

Even if the people are the same or better than Mclaren, Aston Martin is handicapped. Aston Martin still does not have their own Wind Tunnel. It will not be ready until later this year. Aston will not have their own engine, gearbox, and rear suspension until 2026. The work in the background is good. The reward will take time. The current results are somewhat irrelevant. Not amazing, but not bad either. The only teams ahead of them are those without the limitations that AMR has.

xReVo
xReVo

AR3-GP wrote:
11 May 2024, 17:29
xReVo wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I don't think we have a disagreement.

Even if the people are the same or better than Mclaren, Aston Martin is handicapped. Aston Martin still does not have their own Wind Tunnel. It will not be ready until later this year. Aston will not have their own engine, gearbox, and rear suspension until 2026. The work in the background is good. The reward will take time. The current results are somewhat irrelevant. Not amazing, but not bad either. The only teams ahead of them are those without the limitations that AMR has.
Everything is ok, except that it is the only team in the top 5 to have black holes and find yourself fighting against Alpine, Williams, RB etc. So this is absolutely not good.

xReVo
xReVo

bingaboy wrote:
11 May 2024, 17:10
xReVo wrote:
11 May 2024, 14:43
bingaboy wrote:

calling yourself a realist while being toxic and entitled all the time.
Toxic? I also analyzed Aston Martin and said that in my opinion their problems stem from a problem with the front axle of the car, caused by bad synergy with the rear. It doesn't mean being toxic if I say that in my opinion the updates won't work and that with this mentality they won't go anywhere, it's my opinion without criticizing and insulting anyone.

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

He didn't say unattainable ever, just not this year or next.

The infrastructure isn't finished yet and they still haven't hired the people to build the gearbox and rear suspension.