2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
toxicsunsets1
toxicsunsets1

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Button & Alonso)

Maybe Mclaren wants to buy Marussia F1 and run it as their junior team that's why they have to deliberate this idea during the board meeting and then place Alonso and Button in the Marussia seats and Vandoorne and Magnussen in Mclaren seats. They want to make sure Alo and Button will agree on this thats why they're taking so long.... LMAO... Silly season opinion....

Lasse-E
Lasse-E

Gaz. wrote:Could it be that Mclaren & Alonso assumed Hamilton would have signed his Mercedes extension just after the last race and therefore penciled in 3rd December to announce/confirm their drivers for 2015? As Hamilton still hasn't done this the stall continues?
That actually makes sense, or as much as anything can in is this mess. Thinking about it in that way, Alonso might simply refuse to sign his new contract or agree on its length, before he knows how long Hamilton will stay at Mercedes.

Forcing both their correct drivers to wait, as there in theory still might be a small chance of Alonso not signing at all, if they can't agree on say a one year deal..
Last edited by Lasse-E on 05 Dec 2014, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

antsyd
antsyd

Lasse-E wrote:
Gaz. wrote:Could it be that Mclaren & Alonso assumed Hamilton would have signed his Mercedes extension just after the last race and therefore penciled in 3rd December to announce/confirm their drivers for 2015? As Hamilton still hasn't done this the stall continues?
That actually makes sense, or as much as anything can in is this mess. Thinking about it in that way, Alonso might simply refuse to sign his new contract or agree on its length, before he knows how long Hamilton will stay at Mercedes.
Interesting..

SoCalWJS
SoCalWJS

AxialTurbine wrote:I think the problem is as follows

Ron wants Alonso & Kmag
Board want Alonso & Button
And Honda want Alonso & Asimo robot

Problem is with Honda engineers getting Asimo a super license and contract negotiation. :D
Read a similar comment, but that Dennis and the Board agree on Alonso,
Dennis wants Alonso and Mag
Alonso wants Button....

mikeerfol

F1 world now expecting Friday announcement from McLaren http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-wo ... om-mclaren

henry

Maybe this is now neatly circular.

Mclaren want Hamilton and so he is using that as a lever with Mercedes.

Meanwhile, Button is available and Mercedes are using that as a lever with Hamilton.

In my view a Rosberg/Button combination at Mercedes would have won both WCC and WDC easily this year. Probably not quite as many records but still plenty. And with a similar performance advantage 2015 would be the same.

Maybe that's another explanation of why Hamilton tweeted his laudatory opinion on Button at Mclaren.

I don't really believe this but it's not as fanciful as some theories so I thought it worth suggesting.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

AxialTurbine
AxialTurbine

why would hamilton want to leave mercedes when that is his most realistic chance of winning a 3rd world drivers championship?

Equally merc could do without Hamilton, they still would have won wdc and wcc and probably that's true for next year. Ideally Hamilton wants a 1 year deal at merc with option on second year. Then wins title with merc next year if Honda look strong in 2016 he can jump to them for 4th wdc head to head with Alonso.

This whole scenario sums up McLaren over last few years, internal problems and disagreement manifests as poor decision making and will probably translate through the management structure to the race team. I'd be concerned about this if I were fernando it bodes badly for the future.
In god we trust, everyone else brings evidence.

WaikeCU

Can't Alonso still go to Mercedes if Hamilton decides to go to Mclaren? I think that was his initial idea: a seat at Mercedes.

astracrazy
astracrazy

I really don't know why anyone thinks Hamilton would go back to Mclaren. His seen life on the other side and its greener. He won't go back. He might move from Merc at some point in his life but not soon.

Lets face it, Alonso is only going back because he has no other options in f1 because Ferrari out smarted him and he thought he held all the cards. Mclaren are having him back because they are using that to there advantage.

ELB Andoroid

The Internet is running out of points to make for the case of both drivers so What else do mclaren have to think about? do they realise how stupid this makes them to the world (including potential partners). this on top of a huge mountain of gaffs in the last 10 years

astracrazy
astracrazy

maybe its already been done, just the press don't know yet because macca having something else they want to announce at the same time? like a big sponsor or something? so they can do a big "f#ck yeah look at us" boost. just its looking a bit negative atm? just an idea?

WaikeCU

decision is now postponed till early next week. What on earth are they doing?

astracrazy
astracrazy

is this not a replay of last year with the big title sponsor announcement we were expecting? started off 1st of December, then moved to mid December then car launch etc etc

turbof1

It's getting rediculous. It has taken such a long time now, up to the point that the no who gets the boot will have his career ruined.

Flipping a coin or playing ine mine meute would be a better decision making progress then what they are doing now. A whole board meeting with the sole or atleast main purpose to choose the driver line up and no result? Either someone random -Dennis- is blocking the whole thing ("wheeh wheeh, I don't want Button! He's mean. Wheeh.") or they fail as a collective ("Oh it's four o clock, time for the thea, meeting ajourned!").

If I was Button, I'd sneak in the building the next time there's a meeting, lock the conference room and tell them they can get out when they made a decision. Then throw the key away anyway.
#AeroFrodo

ELB Andoroid

More tedious than electing a new pope