Vettel Vs. Hamilton

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
F1trainee
F1trainee

Vettel Vs. Hamilton

Yesterday Lewis Hamilton said to media "McLaren can beat Red Bull"

I have saw a Interesting analysis about Hamilton Vs Vettel Performance for Spanish GP

See Full Analysis and Graphs: http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/05/h ... lysis.html

Hamilton will beat Vettel? OR Seb continuing title domination?
Last edited by F1trainee on 28 May 2011, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

Pierce89

Re: Vettel Vs. Hamilton

Hamilton will occasionally beat Vettel as will Alonso,but I think Vettel will walk the WDC.This comparison is really meaningless in different cars, because even at the same lap time Red Bull has more grip and the Mclaren a huge top end advantage. In F1, the cars are different enough so as to make a meaningfull driver comprison all but impossible.That being said, In Spain, Hamilton had a much quicker car in the last stint, yet Vettel kept his composure and held him off, when at previous races this season the quicker car has always been able to pass. So, they both had fairly incredible drives IMHO.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Richard
Richard

Hamilton can set all the faster laps he wants, but it is irrelevant because Vettel started ahead and stayed ahead. One could say the stats above show Hamilton could only chase a lost cause while Vettel was taking care of his car.

HampusA

In the same car yes Hamilton would walk over any teammate in terms of raw pace.
But Vettel sits in a superior car which should mean he has this WDC in the bag.
he's already won 4 out of 5 and if he gets pole he will most definitely take home tye race.

Never count out Alonso, he's a streetfighter and wont stop hunting until the season is over.
The truth will come out...

JohnsonsEvilTwin

@ Hampusa

How are you so certain?

Vettel would certainly have a good go, not to mention Kobayashi and Rosberg. Kubica?
F1 isnt short of names that can take on Hamilton.

Wether they win or not is another thing, but I certainly see this ending in fanboy ying yang thread.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Richard
Richard

JET - this trhead went to fanboy land when the discussion switched from a discussion of statistics (ie facts) to "walk all over" (subjective conjecture irrelevant to the topic).

It is an interesting, but misleading stat.

N12ck

why dont we take this in another direction,

is it looking like this is a 2 way title battle?
so far, i think so
Budding F1 Engineer

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

I definitely think it will be a two horse race

though you can count Fred out, with Monaco being about mechanical grip, and Canada being slightly less in favour of the red bulls characteristics, two good weekends could see Fred up in the title challenge.
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Tamburello
Tamburello

All I know is whoever thinks they have a chance against Vettel this year better step up fast and start taking some points off him consistently, race after race. Otherwise he's going to be a light year ahead pretty soon with the kind of form his in.

HampusA

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:@ Hampusa

How are you so certain?

Vettel would certainly have a good go, not to mention Kobayashi and Rosberg. Kubica?
F1 isnt short of names that can take on Hamilton.

Wether they win or not is another thing, but I certainly see this ending in fanboy ying yang thread.
In just raw speed i think Hamilton is the fastest guy since Senna.
Not want to sound like a fanboy, i´m actually an Alonso/Kubica fan but just raw, pure speed i think nobody is faster then him.

Sure they would probably have a good go and maybe win the championship in the same car but for speed, untouchable.
---

RBR i think won´t run away with anything. Ferrari and Mclaren will catch up.
It´s still very early in the season and everything can happen.
Alonso won´t give up until someone tells him it really is over.

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

@ Hampusa, Big call about Hamilton, but he definitely has proven that he is as quick as fred but until vettel is in the same car as the other 2 i think its hard to be definitive.

i believe Vettel is a driver that is able to drive to the absolute limit of the car all the time, where as Ham and Fred have that ability to outdrive their car
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Mr Alcatraz

What a waste of freakin' time!!!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ringo

Robbobnob wrote:@ Hampusa, Big call about Hamilton, but he definitely has proven that he is as quick as fred but until vettel is in the same car as the other 2 i think its hard to be definitive.

I believe Vettel is a driver that is able to drive to the absolute limit of the car all the time, where as Ham and Fred have that ability to outdrive their car
As quick as?
He's quicker than Alonso, and i'm a supporter of both. I wont go back to 2007, but Alonso recently admitted he's not the fastest guy in F1, and the only way he can say that about another driver is by being in the same team with them.
No shame in that, he's still second quickest with a small margin.

I just want either one to be taking points of vettel now.
If Lewis comes first Alonso should be second, and the other way round. Anything to keep Vettel out of the top 2 spots would make this championship last to the end.
For Sure!!

HampusA

Robbobnob wrote:@ Hampusa, Big call about Hamilton, but he definitely has proven that he is as quick as fred but until vettel is in the same car as the other 2 i think its hard to be definitive.

i believe Vettel is a driver that is able to drive to the absolute limit of the car all the time, where as Ham and Fred have that ability to outdrive their car
Agreed, i think Vettel does what you say but only if the car is good.
Ham and Alonso has this ability to just squeeze out time from a car that isn´t very good. Alonsos 4th place at the last race is a testament to that. He shouldn´t even be in the Top5 in that Q session.

Vettel is still young like Hammy and both of them has a few years left until they even reach their prime. Alonso is in his prime imo.

All in all, it´s damn good to see so many high level drivers all in a different team duking it out on track.
35 min we will know who´s the king of Monaco :)

Ciro Pabón

Tazio wrote:What a waste of freakin' time!!!
Except mine is not freaking, yeah.

Isn't Monaco a principality? Then it should be The Prince of Monaco. ;)
Ciro