Out and out racing not being allowed!!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jody391
jody391

Out and out racing not being allowed!!!!

Mod translation:
The poster wonders if pure and outright racing is not being allowed as stewards are penalising too often for failed passing attempts.

Note to OP: I understand emotions can be overwhelming sometimes, but can we please remain calm?
Last edited by Steven on 13 Jun 2011, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed foul language

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Re: Out and out racing not being allowed!!!!

I think it is true that Ham attracts proportionally more attention from the stewards than other drivers. But I'd rather see a driver go for it and miss than happily sit back and collect points. One of the members of this forum has a quote from Senna on his messages, can't remember the exact wording but it says that a driver who doesn't go for a chance isn't a racer any more. I 100% agree with him. And on a side note, love him or hate him, Ham creates good TV, and entertainment.

wesley123
wesley123

ajdavison2 wrote:I think it is true that Ham attracts proportionally more attention from the stewards than other drivers. But I'd rather see a driver go for it and miss than happily sit back and collect points. One of the members of this forum has a quote from Senna on his messages, can't remember the exact wording but it says that a driver who doesn't go for a chance isn't a racer any more. I 100% agree with him. And on a side note, love him or hate him, Ham creates good TV, and entertainment.
Indeed, I agree fully with you. He really should keep his stance he had last race, when he said 'Maybe it's because I'm black, that's what Ali G says'. The way he said it and such, he never ever should have excused himself for even saying it. Hamilton is a guy that standfs out compared to all the other robots, and I wish him to stay that way.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

dj-8
dj-8

I think the drivers are so scared to express their true feelings about incidents that happen and this is a shame. F1 is and should be an agressive sport with drivers wanting to win and OVERTAKE.

If penalties are dished out for what i would class as minor errors drivers will not make any real attemt to overtake which robs us of a true edge of seat race.

Tom

It is good to see a driver racing, taking opportunities to overtake and really going for it, however with Hamilton's recent record I think he'd have done well to keep his nose clean for a little while.

I do think that this is different to the situations that Senna and Schumacher seemed to find themselves in too many times, with Ham I can usually believe it was a complete accident caused by his misjudgment rather than a malicious attempt to ram other drivers off the track.

Are tempers flaring as a result of this long red flag? Keep cool guys, Tomba and the mods have worked hard for years to create a forum where people are welcome to express their opinions, let's not jeopardize their efforts with personal attacks please.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.