Micheal Schumacher's DRS had a mistake in Monaco GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
owenpcf1
owenpcf1

Micheal Schumacher's DRS had a mistake in Monaco GP

DRS is unable to use before 3 lap in Monaco but Shumi'DRS was open in lap2 after pass the turn 1 where DRS is also forbiden. FIA may now this ,but why they do not do something?Image

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Micheal Schumacher's DRS had a mistake in Monaco GP

Same as Alonso in China.

He retired from Monaco, and the problem had happened before. Why cry about spilt milk.

Forget and look forward.

owenpcf1
owenpcf1

because I rewatch the vedio now and find it by accident

Italiano
Italiano

Troll away.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

The problem with Alonso's DRS in China was a software glitch with race control. Hardly the driver's fault. Most likely it is the same here.

Besides, Schumacher's car died during the race so what is the point in the FIA doing anything assuming it wasn't a software glitch with race control?

strad

I saw Webbers open when it shouldn't have been as well...I think they have a problem with this silly devise.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

MrBlacky
MrBlacky

As I remember there were actually some cases where Schumis DRS was open in Cananda?

Muulka
Muulka

MrBlacky wrote:As I remember there were actually some cases where Schumis DRS was open in Cananda?
Yes, after it was enabled...

LegendaryM

its closed in that picture...
MRVC: Tolo Racing

bgroovers
bgroovers

yannana wrote:DRS?Troll away.
Or maybe someone just trying to hi-light a continuing problem with DRS... Not everyone is trying to provoke others when they see something they feel is of interest!
Last edited by Giblet on 23 Jun 2011, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I've never seen a spammer call a user a troll. "You a troll!! Buy Golfclubs!"

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Well if you folks herd the team radio in Canada, ROb Smedley was advising Massa to use DRS only after the activation zone.

Pressing the button before the zone would possibly not active it for some period of time.

Again, as FIA have said, DRS is a work in progress and only in Canada they had dual activation zone. I hope we do see a dual detection zone in places like Monza.

andrew
andrew

n_anirudh wrote:Well if you folks herd the team radio in Canada, ROb Smedley was advising Massa to use DRS only after the activation zone.

Pressing the button before the zone would possibly not active it for some period of time.
You just reminded me of something that was mentioned in the Radio 5 commentary by Karun Chandhok. Pressing the button too early can delay the activation of the DRS by about 1 second apparently.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

How is a driver notified?? Does it show up on display on the steering wheel? like a knob lighting up?? Or do they deploy it after a reasonable time after passing the line?

Would it not be hard for drivers to actually see the detection line at 200kmph??(maybe at night/evening) conditions?
or am I missing something basic here?
Cheers

andrew
andrew

n_anirudh wrote:How is a driver notified?? Does it show up on display on the steering wheel?
There is a light on the steering wheel.
n_anirudh wrote:Would it not be hard for drivers to actually see the detection line at 200kmph??(maybe at night/evening) conditions?
or am I missing something basic here?
Cheers
They see the rev limiter lights.

sink
sink

andrew wrote: They see the rev limiter lights.
Do they? The drivers got beeps in their ears for when its time to change gear*.

*BBC commentary(iirc)