Visiting Monza GP 2011

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
itsdanielmcmillan

Visiting Monza GP 2011

Hey guys new here so I thought id post a question.

Im going to Monza to watch the F1 in 2 weeks and having never been to a race before I'm a little excited (I may wee a little haha) I am a massive fan. I've got tickets for the stand on the first chicane which is going to be amazing but id love to get the most out of Milan/Monza so does anyone have any tips or good places to check out?

cheers!
Last edited by Steven on 28 Aug 2011, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic title
The wheels on the single-seat, open cockpit, open wheel racing car go round and round, round and round, round and round.

Steven
Owner

Re: Visiting Monza GP 2011

Hi,

Principessa and I will be there too, although only on Thursday and Friday. Haven't been there either so I'm curious indeed if anybody has some tips.

Especially for Friday I'd like to know what are interesting places to take photographs (No matter where, Friday's we have access to all stands).

marcush.

Hey Steven I´ll ask my wife about good positions .She was taking pictures during my time in racing and we had quite a fe races in Monza..I found inside parabolica giving nice birds view pictures on the cars .don´t know if theres a bridge or gantry to climb also one of the chicanes was giving cool pictures where you really could see how differently the guys were straightening over the curbs or keeping away ..

itsdanielmcmillan

I've got tickets to the Prima Variante 8a stand http://www.monzanet.it/it/tickets/8

I wanted to find a place where I could really see the cars in all their deafening glory ha!

plus I wanted to actually see them and not just a blur, although being able to see the pit stops would be awesome.

Ill be taking a fair few photos also so some pointers would be good if anyone has any.

cheers
The wheels on the single-seat, open cockpit, open wheel racing car go round and round, round and round, round and round.

red748

Hi.

Monza is a big circuit and my best advice is that you
use your Fri and Sat admission to walk around the
track from corner to corner.

You'll be sitting put in one place
on Raceday and that will be the peak of your
race weekend.

I assume your Grandstand tickets will give you access
to other General Admission areas.

If you haven't yet visited Spa......do it.
It is the most awesome track to walk.

red748

A short diary of my Monza visit can be found at:

www.freewebs.com/monza2008

Includes photo's of Jackie Stewart and DC's
steering wheel from his RedBull.

mx_tifoso

Thank you for making me want to visit Europe even more Red748! ;)

And congrats on your unique experience with the RBR team.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

red748

mx_tifosi wrote:Thank you for making me want to visit Europe even more Red748! ;)

And congrats on your unique experience with the RBR team.
Thank you for your reply.

Spend your next F1 Race Weekend at Spa.

I recommend it as a venue.

E86
E86

I too will be visiting the Monza GP for my first time and will also be sitting in the grandstands at the first chicane. itsdanielncmillan,maybe we can meet up? My name is Eric Cantore. I heard there is suppose to be a really cool shop at the track, but not sure where it is at? Anybody know? Thanks for any help.
Best Regards,
Eric Cantore
Team Pelfrey Racing

skyhater

try to get a reservation one night at the taverna gran sasso in milano....the fixed menu at €30[?] all inclusive is a night out ...make sure you go VERY hungry as the food just keeps coming !

itsdanielmcmillan

I really would like to see the Spa race for sure might do it next year...

and I will also look up that taverna gran sasso in milan (thats where I'm staying)

only a few days now, very excited, I dont think my camera knows whats coming lol

red748

Have a great time guys......

E86
E86

Thanks red748. I am sure we will. I can't wait for the F1 race in Austin, TX. I missed the races at Indy, but will not miss the US GP this time.
Best Regards,
Eric Cantore
Team Pelfrey Racing

Steven
Owner

Eum guys, feel free to speak to me when you see me! I'll be at the pitwalk and all along Friday. I have short blond hair and I wear a red Nike backpack (and probably as well a Canon EOS camera). Hope to see you there!

reiben101

I went there last year and it was amazing especially because Ferrari won the race. I was at various places during weekend. I watched qualifications at Parabolica, its great because when you get close to the fence cars are driving just about 3 meters from you. :D What impressed me the most is when they come to the pits, full speed through Parabolica and then quickly downshifting to the first gear... that sound is awesome. I watched the race at Ascari which is also nice and you can get some nice pictures. Those of you who are close to the main straight be sure to check before the race where are the gates to the circuit because when the race is finished they'll open it up so you can go on track to see podium ceremony. You can also get some rubber from Pirelli's if you want. :)
If you want to buy some souvenirs I would recommend to not buy them at the main entrance(near main straight) because its much more expansive. Last year I was looking at F2008 scale model and it cost there 110€ and few hours later I found it for 50€ in the middle of the circuit. :)