Indian GP under tax dispute

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Indian GP under tax dispute

Could we see another situation of a GP pulling out this year? http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/09/09/whit ... indian-gp/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ecapox

Re: Indian GP under tax dispute

i hope we do. this is what we get for going to these corrupt countries. Bernie lets the money control where we go.

raymondu999

I think this case isn't a corruption case in that sense though. It's that the countries say, as there's a GP in their country, that means that the F1 teams are working in their country; and so the teams have to pay taxes to the Indian tax people.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

the teams should just not turn up, if a country wants to claim tax on them they can pay the price of being greedy bastards
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Richied76
Richied76

Robbobnob wrote:the teams should just not turn up, if a country wants to claim tax on them they can pay the price of being greedy bastards
+1 Anough the british govenment happily doesnt tax many people who work in the uk, earn thousands and then bugger off home!

For me though the F1 teams are not "earning" as such...are they?
They are COMPEATING, its a SPORT after all. The trainers at the commonwealth games were working BUT nothing like this got mentioned then.

ecapox

This is corruption. Maybe not how it usually goes in India ("Hey man i need to get a permit to build an addition to my house. Sure no problem, i need 3,000,000 rupees for my childs braces. Once i get that, you get your permit") but it is basically extortion.

Everything is set to go and everything has already been agreed upon. Now at the last minute they attempt to say "Hey we need tax money from everyone or else the race doesnt happen." That's the basic definiton of extortion.