Driver Lineups for 2012 and Beyond a.k.a. Silly Season 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Polarbear

Driver Lineups for 2012 and Beyond a.k.a. Silly Season 2013

Hi all,

just wondered what people think of some of the gossip regarding driver lineups for next year - Force India not confirming anything, Raikonnen to Williams and whether Jerome D'Ambrosio will be on the grid after his impressive results compared to Glock.

Also, looking further ahead, what about 2013 lineups? Button to Ferrari as was reported this week? Or maybe Perez? Heidfeld to return anywhere? Schumacher to still be in the sport?

Let me know what you think...
Last edited by Polarbear on 27 Sep 2011, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

Re: Driver Lineups for 2012 and Beyond

This is already on the forums; here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9911
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Polarbear

I looked at that, but saw that it was only for 2012 - thought I should post other stuff separately...?

raymondu999

Ah. 2013. Right. Well you could rename the thread "Silly Season 2013" Then we'll talk :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mnmracer

Re: Driver Lineups for 2012 and Beyond a.k.a. Silly Season 2

I hope for Schumacher to re-sign with Mercedes, who gives him a good car for 2013, with a 7 podium finishes and a champion-worthy retirement win in the last race.

That aside, anyone up-to-date on which contracts are already signed for 2013?
Last edited by mnmracer on 27 Sep 2011, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

beelsebob

Wow, this is going to be a long silly season...

I predict Massa gone at Ferrari (replaced by Senna or Perez depending on how they perform from now); Webber gone from RBR (replaced by Ricciardo or DiResta); and one final one... both HRT drivers gone, replaced by whoever can pay €30m.

raymondu999

Polarbear - NOW we're talking :mrgreen:

I believe for 2013 right now we have a few contracted drivers; except contracts nowadays don't mean much anyways.

RBR - Vettel/Empty
McLaren - Hamilton/Empty
Ferrari - Alonso/Empty
Mercedes - Nico

I don't think there are any other lock-ins yet.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

I personally think Ferrari will take Bianchi; though I could be talking rubbish. RBR would be with Vettel/Alguersuari
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:I personally think Ferrari will take Bianchi; though I could be talking rubbish. RBR would be with Vettel/Alguersuari
I'm pretty sure RBR are thinking alguersuari/buemi don't have what it takes – hence getting ricciardo trained up in the background.

raymondu999

It belies the complete RBR system though; if that were true they would've kicked the two out and probably put Vergne/Ricciardo in STR
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Polarbear

How do you know they aren't Raymondu?

I don't recally STR confirming their 2012 lineup yet - could be Ricciardo into one of the seats, probably at the expense of Jaime which would be a shame, I think he has an awful lot of potential...

I would like to see Alonso and Button at Ferrari, Hamilton and Senna at McLaren, Vettel and Ricciardo at RBR...would be great to see some of the old hands filter down to the teams at the back to aid car development, but can't see it happening...

raymondu999

Ah yes fair point. I'm missing the 2012 season in my calculations. Basically I'm saying that Mark's replacement will come from STR
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

donskar

RE: future Ferrari lineup. Ferrari rarely signs drivers unproven in F1. IF that tradition continues, Perez would seem to have the inside track. And with Ferrari's financial situation, money is unlikely to be the deciding factor. I'd like to see Button or Webber, but don't see them bringing anyone who could seriously pressure Alonso.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

RB7ate9

raymondu999 wrote:Ah yes fair point. I'm missing the 2012 season in my calculations. Basically I'm saying that Mark's replacement will come from STR
With the STR line-up for 2012 not announced, could it be possible that they'll have a situation where a new driver is put into a Toro Rosso (replacing Buemi or Alguesuari) but then is taken immediately into 2013 wearing full on Red Bull colors? Sort of a shortened Vettel take? I could also be wrong and RBR will just take on one of the STR drivers, but I don't think they have shown much promise.