Lewis Topics get Locked

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
red748
red748

Lewis Topics get Locked

Why are new threads about Lewis's driving always
being locked up?

Is it because we aren't we aren't being technical enough?

raymondu999

Re: Lewis Topics get Locked

Generally they become a minefield of bickering between the "for" and "against" teams
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

red748
red748

No,....it isn't a 'Team' thing.

red748
red748

In my experience people aren't
referencing Lewis against anyone other than
his own errors!

raymondu999

What I meant was the "for Lewis" and "against Lewis" teams in this forum, not F1 teams.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Giblet
Giblet

Any driver thread that turns into a pointless argument gets locked. Almost every one about Lewis has this problem.

There is no bias towards Hamilton what so ever. No conspiracies.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

jon-mullen

These topics get locked like he drives: not fast enough.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

raymondu999

Can we lock this one up before certain *cough* individuals come upon it?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Traction

Is thisbeven a valid thread?
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

Richard
Richard

There was a time on here when any driver conversation was considered off topic.

Any thread mentioning Hamilton swiftly degenerates to the lowest common denominator. Some people are unable to use his name and call him "the boss". Others think he has beaten Button even though he has less podiums and less points. There has been a mention of Rodney King in one of his threads.

When Hamilton said of one his crashes this season "I didn't see the other driver", the debate raged on here about the cause of the crash.

Most recently we've had a race thread dominated for 10 or even 20 pages on the topic of whether another driver was being manly or girlie towards him. Should we rename this Endocrinologytechnical.net?

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

I agree with Richard. There are other places where driver fans (and fanboys) can quarrel till exhaustion whose is bigger (I mean whose favorite driver of course).
This forum is unique for its technical nature. Although I simply cannot contribute much, it's a place where I get most of the technical info and learn new things. So it should be kept on this track as much as possible.
One thread about a race is quite enough. Threads about how drivers use the cars and technologies implemented in them, as well as driving techniques, also seem suitable IMHO.
Every driver who has succeeded in securing one of the 24 seats is worthy enough to be given a thread, why accent is put on a single one?
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

donskar
donskar

Man love and adolescent fan boy hero worship are best practiced in the privacy of one's own home. No place for it here.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

I meant the accent put by the topic starter, as if only threads about LH get locked.
And, honestly, I am sick of LH threads in all the rest of the places I visit.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Aced

Simply because some people have never learned how to enjoy the whole sport. They have to love one driver and hate the rest of the field. They even wish they could clone that one driver and have 24 of him racing around. That's their idea of fun and happiness. But when that certain driver fails to deliver, they get very sad and pathetic and depressed. They can't live with the fact and have to defend him even if it's impossible to do so, simply because the truth hurts them too much. I, for myself, have never understood such people.

And it's a shame because there's so many people here that actually love the sport and are willing to discuss Hamiltons case without getting all irrational, illogical and crazy.

ringo

I'll throw in my 2 cents, as i promised not to get invloved with these kind of threads.

Ok ladies, this is F1 technical not Dr. Phil.

At least make an effort to discuss the sport than complain about it.

The truth is the technical quality has dropped overall and it's not because of one driver. It simply becuase we tell ourselves there is good detailed discussion going on when in truth there is none, and we get content with rehashing the same things over and over. So we revert to insults and personal attacks on fellow members and drivers alike.

Make a contribution and stop the bitching guys. Simple.

This is nothing but a venting of frustrations thread. Just like Massa venting his frustration to the Suzuka race briefing.

Do something positive and stop the sulking.

for example Aced, what you are sayings is funny in a sense that even without the people you are describing, you yourself fall into the same boat. your post has an agenda, which goes deeper than the topic.

To change the tone, contribute honestly. Dont make up stuff and exagerate them to make things look interesting. If it's not interesting then it's not, and the thread only lasts 2 pages. People know what's forum filler and what's interesting.

But don't whine if someone else finds something else that's interesting and intriguing to discuss but it doesn't suit your liking. It looks very envious and begrudging.

To all the Hamilton culprits such as myself, lets stay out of the Lewis Hamilton threads, which ironically are created by the very same individuals who don't want the driver to be discussed unless it's negatively.
For Sure!!