Congratulation Sebastian Vettel - 2011 FIA F1 Champion

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CHT
CHT

Congratulation Sebastian Vettel - 2011 FIA F1 Champion

Here we go. Formula One’s

Youngest points’ scorer (USA 2007)
Youngest pole sitter (Italy 2008),
Youngest race winner (Italy 2008)
Youngest world champion (Abu Dhabi, 2010)

has become its youngest double world champion (Japan, 2011), aged just 24 years and 98 days.

(Alonso needs to cheers up, the youngest 3x WDC title is still within reach)

raymondu999

Re: Congratulation Sebastian Vettel - 2011 FIA F1 Champion

Youngest back-to-back champion;
youngest to ever top an F1 session (Turkey 2006 FP)
Youngest podium finisher (Monza 2008)
Youngest to score a fastest lap
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

“Seb has done a great job all season and he deserved the title. He was given the equipment and just got on and did what was required of him" - Button

“Finally, big congratulations to Sebastian for winning the title. We all knew it was going to happen, but his season has really been flawless. It’s a fantastic achievement for him.” - Hamilton

“Finally, I would like to pass on congratulations to Sebastian from myself and the whole of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team. He has driven a consistent and error-free season, and I only wish we could have delayed tonight’s party for a little while longer! But big congratulations to him nonetheless." - Whitmarsh

“Congratulations to Sebastian! Winning two world titles at his age, in a season in which he has done it all - in qualifying, the races and every other way, so perfectly, is amazing and it is well deserved." - Alonso

"However, I do want to congratulate Sebastian Vettel: he is a great guy and deserves this title and I am very happy for him.” - Massa

“First of all on behalf of the Scuderia, I wish to congratulate Sebastian Vettel on clinching his second drivers’ title: he has had an incredible season and this fantastic result is well deserved!" - Domenicali

“Congratulations to Sebastian - to become a double world championship is a very good job." - Webber

“Firstly, it’s phenomenal for Sebastian Vettel to win his second world championship. He’s driven magnificently this year and thoroughly deserves this Championship victory, which he has dominated since the first race in Melbourne. It’s the culmination of a lot of hard work and team work and he can be very proud of what he’s achieved. This now places him amongst an elite group of drivers who have realised not only a double championship - but back-to-back world championships" - Horner

"I think we’ve got a magic Vettel this year, last year was already fantastic, but this year he was simply incredible, this small guy! He really earned it; he just never stops working and is always pushing a lot - so it’s richly and well deserved." - Cyril Dumont, Renault track support to Red Bull

"I would like to congratulate Sebastian and his team who have been exceptional the whole year. It is extremely emotional to see him win the Championship again - I am very happy for him and even a little bit proud." - Schumacher

"And finally, Sebastian, congratulations: you deserve the title." - Rosberg

"Congratulations to Sebastian and Red Bull Racing on his second World Championship - he has driven impeccably all year, and together they have set the standards we must now aim for and exceed." - Brawn

"we take our hats off to Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing - not just for winning the title, but also for defending it with an exceptional level of performance throughout the season."- Norbert Haug

"Congratulations to Sebastian for a well-deserved world championship title after an outstanding season” - Peter Sauber

"Finally, on behalf of the whole team I would like to offer my congratulations to Sebastian Vettel for his second world championship win.” - Boullier

“First of all, on behalf of everyone at Toro Rosso, I want to congratulate Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing for winning a second consecutive Drivers’ Championship." - Tost

“First and foremost I’d like to congratulate Sebastian Vettel on becoming the first world champion on Pirelli tyres on our return to Formula One. He’s been on unstoppable form all year and it comes as no surprise to see him achieve his second world title here today." - Paul Hembery, Pirelli motorsport director

raymondu999

Interesting that the only ones congratulating him were those at the sharp end of the grid; and "related" team principals - Vettel was ex-Sauber, RBR uses Renault engines, and Vettel was ex-STR and STR is a sister team.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

LionKing

Awesome season by super fast driver! Congratulations....

xDama

Well deserved, flawless season so far. If he continues on this pace/attitude, he'll be a WDC numerous of times.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

axle

A question.
Is this season any different to the 2009? Other than the lack of car development.

In 2009 Jenson, with a superior car for the first 6months had a superior car till RB caught up. If Brawn had developed the car (properly) and he'd continued getting poles and wins would he have done the same job as Vettel this year and maybe last year too.

My opinion is that Vettel has only done what is expected of a good driver. And that he would have been interchangeable with a host of other drivers...

I'm not disagreeing that the records stand and Vettel deserves his championships, but everyone seemed to knock Jenson's championship and yet this seems the same...superior car + very good driver. I think what I'm saying is that I don't think Vettel has done anything amazing...he's been very very efficient. Is that unfair?
- Axle

Giblet

This thread was created to celebrate the champions season and championship. If you want to debate the merit of his championship, there are lots of other threads to do so.

Yes he had the best car, but he was also the best driver all season. When the car was not the best, he still got it on pole or won the race for the most part.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Tyler

Axle - I'm of the opinion that no World Championship Title is undeserved.
Button is proving this year that he's a great driver and that his world title was no fluke.Afterall he did have a teammate in the same car whom he had to beat, the same as Vettel has had this year.
Let's not forget that Seb had to beat Webber (who may not have been his best this year but is no walkover either) in an equally fast piece of machinery.
Back to Button quickly, many expected Hamilton to trounce him but he really is proving his class.
Sure a large part of winning a championship does come down to the car.
A great driver can very often win in a good and sometimes even a mediocre car (Schumi in the Benetton, incidently in which none of his team mates were able to perform well in) and a good driver can often win in a great car (e.g. Hill in the Williams.
The RB7 was the best car of the season but McLaren and even Ferrari at some races were very close and so this year the performance of the driver was a very important factor.
If Red Bull had 2 Mark Webber's in their cars then it wouldn't be a Red Bull driver winning the WDC.
With drivers like Hamilton, Button and Alonso in cars only slightly behind in performance for most of the season and even faster in some of the races, is was vital that Red Bull had a driver of Seb's calibre to bring the title home.
A lesser driver would very possibly not have been able to achieve what Seb did.
Car aside, Seb probably drove more flawlessly and consistently than anyone else on the grid and really deserves the championship.
Even though he had the quickest car in most races, the margin by which he won his title is very impressive.
Well done to Sebastian on becoming the youngest ever double World Champion in what was a very impressive season! It is thoroughly deserved.

noname

axle wrote:he's been very very efficient.
Actually that itself is amazing, as it's not as easy as it may look from the outside.

The remarks about "flawless and exceptional season", "well deserved title" etc. has not been said because it's politically correct, the guys Seb is competing with know this very, very well.

dren

Good post Tyler, it echos my feelings. Congrats to Seb.
Honda!

mnmracer

axle wrote:A question.
Is this season any different to the 2009? Other than the lack of car development.

In 2009 Jenson, with a superior car for the first 6months had a superior car till RB caught up. If Brawn had developed the car (properly) and he'd continued getting poles and wins would he have done the same job as Vettel this year and maybe last year too.

My opinion is that Vettel has only done what is expected of a good driver. And that he would have been interchangeable with a host of other drivers...

I'm not disagreeing that the records stand and Vettel deserves his championships, but everyone seemed to knock Jenson's championship and yet this seems the same...superior car + very good driver. I think what I'm saying is that I don't think Vettel has done anything amazing...he's been very very efficient. Is that unfair?
The Brawn was clearly superior until the Turkish Grand Prix, race 7. By then, Brawn GP had almost twice as many points as Red Bull, almost 5 race wins worth of points. By then, Rubens Barichello was second in the world championship, and he would go on to win two races halfway through that year. By race 7 in 2011, Red Bull does not have almost twice as many points as McLaren, Red Bull has 'only' 2.5 race wins worth of points extra (that's half of Brawn's advantage). Button is second, before Webber, and halfway through the season, Webber's been nowhere close to a victory. Button was only really fighting his team mate and Vettel; Vettel is fighting Button, Hamilton and Alonso, and not his team mate.

And as has been said before, Vettel has been neigh-flawless this year. Button, even in Brawn's superior races, was far from.

wesley123

mnmracer wrote: The Brawn was clearly superior until the Turkish Grand Prix, race 7. By then, Brawn GP had almost twice as many points as Red Bull, almost 5 race wins worth of points. By then, Rubens Barichello was second in the world championship, and he would go on to win two races halfway through that year. By race 7 in 2011, Red Bull does not have almost twice as many points as McLaren, Red Bull has 'only' 2.5 race wins worth of points extra (that's half of Brawn's advantage). Button is second, before Webber, and halfway through the season, Webber's been nowhere close to a victory. Button was only really fighting his team mate and Vettel; Vettel is fighting Button, Hamilton and Alonso, and not his team mate.

And as has been said before, Vettel has been neigh-flawless this year. Button, even in Brawn's superior races, was far from.
So Button, with a much larger lead back then is less superior then Vettel with a smaller lead? You tell me where that is based on, my logic tells me it should be the opposite
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Raptor22

at 24 most of us weer just about walkin out of Uni and looking for the first job.
Seb is a double world champion at teh pinnacle of his profession! Thats like earning your PhD at 23 and then doing it again a year later. Congrats young master Vettel, bow your head in humility when praise s too uncomfortable. Keep our chin up when critism becomes unbearable, but never give up.
You proved that two years in a row.

Look forward to seeing you in a Mercedes Benz in 2014.

mnmracer

wesley123 wrote:
mnmracer wrote: The Brawn was clearly superior until the Turkish Grand Prix, race 7. By then, Brawn GP had almost twice as many points as Red Bull, almost 5 race wins worth of points. By then, Rubens Barichello was second in the world championship, and he would go on to win two races halfway through that year. By race 7 in 2011, Red Bull does not have almost twice as many points as McLaren, Red Bull has 'only' 2.5 race wins worth of points extra (that's half of Brawn's advantage). Button is second, before Webber, and halfway through the season, Webber's been nowhere close to a victory. Button was only really fighting his team mate and Vettel; Vettel is fighting Button, Hamilton and Alonso, and not his team mate.

So Button, with a much larger lead back then is less superior then Vettel with a smaller lead? You tell me where that is based on, my logic tells me it should be the opposite
I think you misunderstood me: Who's lead is it? The driver's lead, or the team's lead?
Last edited by Giblet on 10 Oct 2011, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack removed.