Why Monaco and not Nordschleife?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Websta

Re: Why Monaco and not Nordschleife?

Yet there was a time when fellow drivers would stop to try and help a competitor.

I don't know, if I was racing and my brother had a major crash, the outcome of the race would be not of the utmost importance any longer...I would stop to make sure he was ok regardless.

Look at when Ronnie Peterson was involved in the crash at Monza 1978...plenty of the other drivers tried to go check on him.
The race was red flagged when Peterson crashed and such a situation where emergency help would take 20+ minutes to arrive at the scene just wouldn't happen any more. There was a lot more comradery between drivers back then because of how dangerous the sport was. If a driver abandoned his race nowadays to just check a driver was all right, he would probably be fired and the team would start scheduling seat fitting sessions for Nick Heidfeld. I'm not sure what is in a driver's contract, but I suspect abandoning a race would incur a wide range of penalties and fines from their team.