Lola Looking at a 2014 Return to F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Lola Looking at a 2014 Return to F1

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news ... ambitions/

For one id like to see Lola return to F1, as it would be a great success and a brand that has had much history with F1 in the past.

Their 2010 car the MB-01 would have been up there with the Lotus Racing/Team Lotus car i think. And its a design that with a little updating would still hang with the three 2010 ebtry teams, and beat them.

Tufty
Tufty

Re: Lola Looking at a 2014 Return to F1

The FIA, if I remember correctly, were wary of letting Lola in after their last F1 effort. Having said that, they would be a lot better than Manor - sorry, Virgin - and - sorry, Marussia - Campos - sorry, HRT - although I would expect them to be on more of a par with Lotus - sorry, Caterham - this year, and probably still have the same name they did when they started...
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars, thinking "where the hell is the ceiling?!"

donskar
donskar

At least Lola would likely be professional -- more than could be said for some other recent teams.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Richied76
Richied76

now now tufty...no need to be petty....oh and you missed that it was lotus-TEAM LOTUS- chaterham...lol :-)

Tufty
Tufty

Richied76 wrote:now now tufty...no need to be petty....oh and you missed that it was lotus-TEAM LOTUS- chaterham...lol :-)
OK I said it in an overly cynical way [and amalgamated 2 variants on the Lotus name!] but the point stands, Lola would still be Lola 2 years on, and would probably be at least on a par with the green cars.
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars, thinking "where the hell is the ceiling?!"