Petrov hits out at Renault

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Petrov hits out at Renault

With Petrov recently hitting out on the team, adding in not so subtly "I can't say anything bad about the team because it says so in my contract," I wonder if the tension would lead to Renault breaking contract with him early. I don't remember Renault having any such history of breaking off contracts early. Though

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96306

Maybe Senna-Grosjean at the start of the 2012 season then?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

timbo
timbo

Re: Petrov hits out at Renault

Does Grosjean have any backing?

M2ido

Does not it give a chance to Sutil? I think for Lotus Renault he would be pretty good choice.

xDama
xDama

Beside the fact that these comments aren't good for Petrov's relationship with the team, he's absolutely right about everything.

Renault had a very good car in the beginning of the season, but it's like they just stopped completely with the development after a couple of races. The car fundamentally barely evolved, especially in comparison with the previous years.

Renault should get their act together. They had a chance for a fabulous year, but they completely screwed up with Heidfeld and the poor development. I think it's great that Petrov has the balls to tell it in public.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

A13EX_f
A13EX_f

Hmm I think this is him saying in a round about way he wasn't allowed to comment while in contract but as it looks renault are kicking me out so I might aswel tell the other teams it wasn't me it was the car please give me a job

beelsebob
beelsebob

A13EX_f wrote:Hmm I think this is him saying in a round about way he wasn't allowed to comment while in contract but as it looks renault are kicking me out so I might aswel tell the other teams it wasn't me it was the car please give me a job
Unfortunately, the other team bosses are likely to see this as "if things aren't going well, throws toys out the pram" and hence not give him a job.

cravenciak
cravenciak

Barrichello and Grosjean in the race for Renault - Autosport.pt

MuseF1
MuseF1

That was quick, Petrov's management have already apologised:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96328

dren

Petrov just stated what we already were seeing over the season. The updates never worked, and the car fell back in the ranks. The pit-stop issue is a bit critical but it is true. Who knows what Kubica would have said/done in the same situation.
Honda!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

It's ironic that he is complaining about issues that were supposed to be solved with the takeover of Geniiii. Seeing how before them Renault wasn't updating the car properly, and it all looked like it was going to be turned around starting in 2010 when there were plenty of updates up until the end of the season. But this year they kind of fell on their face with all of that corporate nonsense taking precedent.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tozza Mazza

This sounds like the rant of a sacked driver.

I think Petrov deserves a seat in F1. He may well be a pay driver, but he's been able to turn in some decent results, and has genuinely impressed me this season, especially in Australia.

What Kubica could have done in the R31 at the start of the season, is on of the biggest, and most important unknowns in the 2011 season, could he have won Oz? Could he have beaten Vitaly?

In all honesty, I think Petrov is more deserving than other drivers currently in the sport, but I feel that he may lose his Renault seat, and may not be seen in 2012. I hope he goes to Marussia, it'd feel right, but I doubt this will happen.

I heard a Mr Raikkonnen's management have been on the phone to Eric Boullier enquiring about a seat. Raikkonnen seems to be the key to the 2012 driver market, as well as Adrian Sutil.

HebertDC5
HebertDC5

I have to say I'm happy to hear him speak up about the situation at Renault. It has got to be such an irritating feeling to know where the potential of performance could be if the car had developed progressively. I really hope to see Petrov again next season. He has showed fighting spirit and this little outburst shows passion for his sport. If anything the team should rally behind him and push for better results.

timbo
timbo

You have to note that the interview was made to the local news channel, maybe that sort of attention was not expected.

Lurk

Just an incident & matter is closed for Boullier

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 632125367A

ringo

Petrov is a comical guy i don't think what he says can be taken cynically.
For Sure!!