Sky Sports F1 HD

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Princey

Sky Sports F1 HD

Good news if you already have sky..

This is just for info.. I'm not getting into the issues about free to air etc.

Looks like you can get F1 for £10.25 a month by taking the HD pack instead of having to have the full £20 sports package (and also the £10.25 if you wanted HD which is what it looked like was going to happen)

"The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels. It will be found at 408 in Sky's on-screen guide, after a scheduled move of the Sky Sports channels. Sky Sports viewers without the Sky+ HD pack will receive a standard definition version"

Full article

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... F1-channel
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: Sky Sports F1 HD

Princey wrote:Good news if you already have sky..

This is just for info.. I'm not getting into the issues about free to air etc.

Looks like you can get F1 for £10.25 a month by taking the HD pack instead of having to have the full £20 sports package (and also the £10.25 if you wanted HD which is what it looked like was going to happen)

"The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels. It will be found at 408 in Sky's on-screen guide, after a scheduled move of the Sky Sports channels. Sky Sports viewers without the Sky+ HD pack will receive a standard definition version"

Full article

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... F1-channel
Yeh, because the BBC don't already broadcast F1 in HD... oh wait...

--- sky.

Princey

I'm just trying to state the cheapest way of watching full 2012 F1 coverage for people who thought it was gonna have to be a full Sports package (obviously for existing Sky customers).

Princey

Anyone thinking of upgrading to the HD pack from a white + box you can get a free HD + box and £100 worth of M&S vouchers at the moment as a deal.

I was gonna do this anyway as the vouchers kinda pay for 10 months worth.. well that's how I'm justifying it to the Mrs.. so this news was a bonus.

Will be good to have a dedicated F1 channel, any thoughts on who the commentators are gonna be?

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

That is good news. Perhaps they might get some GP2 bundled in with the F1 footage?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Princey

Hopefully! they will need content to fill out a dedicated channel so I don't see why not..

wesley123
wesley123

Princey wrote:I'm just trying to state the cheapest way of watching full 2012 F1 coverage for people who thought it was gonna have to be a full Sports package (obviously for existing Sky customers).
It is still 10.25 a month more than on the BBC, where they dont show Commercials. I still think it is a rip off and I am by no way going to pay for that.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Tozza Mazza

Sky don't show advertisements during the sport, but will do before and after the live broadcasts. Sky are really good at sports reporting, and have transformed football in the UK revenue wise.

Whilst there is a £10.25 fee for the HD pack of channels, this isn't too expensive.

It's not just £10.25 for the F1 channel, it's £10.25 for all HD channels on Sky, apart from movies and sports.

Once you use HD, there's no way back! It's so much better, especially for someone with poor eyesight such as myself!

It looks like the channel will broadcast F1 24/7. YES.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Surely you still have to pay the base sky subscription at £20 a month?

So it's still a bare minimum of £30 a month for a full F1 season next year. £360 a year, I can buy myself GP tickets for that, probably less!

It looks like commentary team is going to be David Croft & Martin Brundle. So basically the BBC is losing it's two best commentators.

I can't justify a £30 a month just for TV that I'm only going to watch once or maybe twice a fortnight, especially not during these trying financial times. It's absolutely criminal, this is corporate collusion by Sky & the BBC.

xDama
xDama

Diesel wrote:I can't justify a £30 a month just for TV that I'm only going to watch once or maybe twice a fortnight, especially not during these trying financial times. It's absolutely criminal, this is corporate collusion by Sky & the BBC.
Indeed. No matter how much I love the sport, I seriously hope they will suffer the consequences and face a drastic decrease of viewers. It's simply insane to pay that kind of money for maybe 2 races a month.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

beelsebob
beelsebob

xDama wrote:
Diesel wrote:I can't justify a £30 a month just for TV that I'm only going to watch once or maybe twice a fortnight, especially not during these trying financial times. It's absolutely criminal, this is corporate collusion by Sky & the BBC.
Indeed. No matter how much I love the sport, I seriously hope they will suffer the consequences and face a drastic decrease of viewers. It's simply insane to pay that kind of money for maybe 2 races a month.
12 months, 10 races – not even 1 a month.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

CMSMJ1 wrote:That is good news. Perhaps they might get some GP2 bundled in with the F1 footage?
GP2s contract is with Eurosport till the end of 2012. Hopefully in 2013 we will have GP2, GP3 and maybes on the off weekends DTM coverage.

Im also half expecting to see a good bit of testing on SSF1HD as well.

Mr Alcatraz

I get it in crystal clear HD from SpeedTV in-between the commercials :x
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

mnmracer
mnmracer

[...]

Consider yourselves lucky with the great programming on public access you've always had and still will have with BBC; last time F1 was free here in the Netherlands was with Eurosport in 1996, and that already had commercials. In a few years, you'll all be accustomed to it.

Yes it sucks, but it's not like the UK is getting it worse than other countries because of it. It just levels the field.
Last edited by Steven on 27 Nov 2011, 13:40, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No politics please

N12ck

Why dont they make a motorsport channel, that way they can put Indycar on there too
Budding F1 Engineer