BBC announce which races will be shown

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
beelsebob
beelsebob

BBC announce which races will be shown

The BBC will be carrying:
• China
• Spain
• Monaco
• Europe
• Britain
• Belgium
• Singapore
• Korea
• Abu Dhabi
• Brazil

As far as I'm concerned that's about as close as we could have got to perfect given the fact that the season will be cocked up. The only improvement to the selected 10 I could make would be to have Hockenheim instead of Abu Dhabi.

Highlights programs will be shown at 1730 for 90 minutes if the race is a european one; or at 1400 for 2 hours if the race is a fly away.

raymondu999

Re: BBC announce which races will be shown

No Monza? That's weird
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

wesley123
wesley123

And they wanted to save money witht the deal yet they throw in new things and a more extensive report, I dont see how that saves money.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Princey

I guess Quali will be a little recap before the races as they do now
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

Richard
Richard

Some of my favourites are in there - Spa, Singapore, Brasil.

I'll be sad to miss Melbourne and Montreal

I don't bother with Barcelona and Valencia unless I need an afternoon kip.

I must keep reminding myself that Sky tell me this is "good for the fans".

beelsebob
beelsebob

richard_leeds wrote:Some of my favourites are in there - Spa, Singapore, Brasil.

I'll be sad to miss Melbourne and Montreal

I don't bother with Barcelona and Valencia unless I need an afternoon kip.

I must keep reminding myself that Sky tell me this is "good for the fans".
Right, I would rather see australia and canada on there too.

raymondu999

Dear God they put Valencia in but not Montreal? Who decided these!?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:Dear God they put Valencia in but not Montreal? Who decided these!?
Most likely they have an agreement to include some of the --- ones and some of the good ones.

ringo

Show me what speed channel and TSN will be showing. I don't care for you european guys, as BBC has been blocking us westerners since i can remember. Not an ounce of sympathy for the commonwealth.
If i can't see them all, i find a way to. 8)
For Sure!!

Richard
Richard

It was probably like choosing football teams at school, each side picks one player at a time. "We'll have spa" "ok then we'll have Montreal" and so on....

ps Ringo - You don't pay for it so that's why you can't watch it. Simples! However, when something you do subscribe to decides to drop 50% of its coverage, then I will have sympathy for you, even if it is not reciprocated.

ringo

:lol:
We payed for it alright. Don't let me get into the history of the commonwealth with you. Britain doesn't have any natural resources to speak of. All that wealth amassed over hundreds of years came from somebody else's country. :wink:
The least you could do is give us free TV. :P
Anyway enough of the history lessons. I am praying that TSN shows all the races. If not i'll have to go feed hunting every 2 weeks. :cry:
For Sure!!

tvilhena
tvilhena

You don't pay for it so that's why you can't watch it.
I'm sure that most of us would pay, if we could, just to watch the BBC F1 instead of our crappy f1 transmissions.
It is just not possible!

Kind Regards,
Tiago

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

I wouldn't want to be a BBCF1 team member at Silverstone, by then fans may have missed quite a few races live...

I still can't get my head around the whole highlights thing. The currently put the full race on iPlayer, why can't they just do this next year?

mep

So they will really do that?
I can't believe how stupid they are.
Either drop it or show 100% but never do some halve backed 50% ---.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

ringo wrote:Britain doesn't have any natural resources to speak of. All that wealth amassed over hundreds of years came from somebody else's country. :wink:
Yeah, all that iron ore, coal and limestone that was used to start and then drive the industrial revolution was imported. Er, except it wasn't - it was dug from ground here in Blighty. That allowed us to develop or buy the best armaments which we then used to take what we wanted. We did well back then because we were the first to use the resources we had to hand. Once we'd used them up, we went looking elsewhere and no one, at the time, could easily prevent it. Not that it is necessarily a nice thing to do, however.

Historically, the Romans had done the same thing - develop a decent army and take what they wanted. Spain did it too with their powerful navy a few hundred years ago. Now, does that ring any bells in current times? Who has the biggest guns these days and takes what they want...?

History is a real bugger - it has a habit of repeating itself!
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.