Sky Sports F1 team

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: Sky Sports F1 team

ESPImperium wrote:Ive got Sky+HD, so really dont care. I just hopt to hell they can produce a program on par with what the BBC has been producing for the past 3 years. So far, whats been promised is what we F1 fans have been crying out for for years.

^^this^^

I would watch it wherever and however. As it stands, there are ways and means to get it all for free... I watched a certain football game last night that I don't have a subscription for..simples.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Richard
Richard

Go to a pub and ask for a pint of water?

Richard
Richard

arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The previously excellent Radio 5 coverage will now be hosted by James Allen.

Run for the hills. I suppose we have to be thankful it isn't Jonathan Leggard.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula ... 516805.stm

Fortunately the TV coverage will be bolstered by Gary Anderson

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Bottom of the barrel commentary team, well except for DC, although I think he's going to struggle without MB.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

richard_leeds wrote:Go to a pub and ask for a pint of water?
I considered going to the pub to watch some races, have a pub lunch etc.

Problem is, if there is any kind of football match on that overlaps, the football is what they will put on. --- sport TBH, but for some stupid reason the majority of the UK seems to like it.

raymondu999

richard- I don't 100% understand. Where does Anderson come in? Will he be technical pundit while DC takes the driving aspect?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Richard

I suspect Coulthard will be the traditional commentator with Anderson as the person providing insight.

raymondu999

By commentator I take it you mean the colour commentator providing driving insight? The "traditional commentator" who narrates; i.e. the new Legard; will be Ben Edwards
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Richard

Coulthard moves to the Murray Walker/Brundle role

Anderson takes on the James Hunt role vacated by Coulthard.

raymondu999

Richard - The old Legard/Murray Walker role is taken by Ben Edwards. That was announced quite some time ago.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

astracrazy
astracrazy

Perhaps this year DC won't be with eddie and jake? anderson will be taking his role there so dc will be purely the colour commentator along side ben taking the lead.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

I think Anderson is the other half of the five live team, alongside Allen, probably won't be on TV

munudeges
munudeges

ESPImperium wrote:Ive got Sky+HD, so really dont care. I just hopt to hell they can produce a program on par with what the BBC has been producing for the past 3 years. So far, whats been promised is what we F1 fans have been crying out for for years.
The sad thing is it really doesn't matter how good the coverage is. They are going to get far fewer viewers regardless of what they do by virtue of being on a subscription service and they will be limited by that viewer pool. The warning signs for any sport going to a subscription service are very clear, particularly motorsport, and even football only makes money for Sky because of pub viewing. The BBC has a far bigger pool of viewers and it's taken them years to build the audience.

I can understand what Sky are trying to do by giving it its own channel, but that will probably just make things even worse in the long run and marginalise Formula 1 more than it otherwise would have been.

est1984
est1984

Damon Hill just signed up to the team. http://goo.gl/HZuAA

WhiteBlue

est1984 wrote:Damon Hill just signed up to the team. http://goo.gl/HZuAA
That is something of a surprise. I'm looking forward to some of his comments. While it is certainly exciting to have a former world champ as a permanent commentator it could also bring controversy as you get from some of Lauda's and Stewart's opinions. It surely is good for Bernie to have more ex champs on air.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)