What is Redbull marketing budget?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CHT
CHT

What is Redbull marketing budget?

Since there are so much discussion about RBR over spending, I thought of starting a thread to discuss about how Redbull drink company marketing budget and where does all these money goes to.

FrukostScones

Re: What is Redbull marketing budget?

it is around 1,5 billion Euros...
enough to overspend a lot :lol:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

CMSMJ1

Lots.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

donskar

If Red Bull is publicly traded, their annual report might give some pertinent info.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Raptor22

exactly download their annual report.

then consider where they spend that money.

Red Bull offices around the globe
Red Bull Events
Red Bull Mobile
Red Bull Sports equipment
Red Bull Racing F1

xpensive

donskar wrote:If Red Bull is publicly traded, their annual report might give some pertinent info.
I'm not so sure if they are, but I'd be interested to learn more about their sales volume, in order to give some perspecitve to their marketing xpenditures?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

CHT
CHT

xpensive wrote:
donskar wrote:If Red Bull is publicly traded, their annual report might give some pertinent info.
I'm not so sure if they are, but I'd be interested to learn more about their sales volume, in order to give some perspecitve to their marketing xpenditures?
I read somewhere that they are spending about 25% of their revenue on marketing and they do have many marketing activities around the world. yacht, aviation, motorsports, bmx, football club etc etc.

ESPImperium

I have been told its arround €2.2 Billion. Of that €500m is devoted to F1 activities with €325m to Red Bull and €145m to STR with €10m to Hispania for last year and €20m to young driver development in other series.

Theey spend arround 40% of their F budget in other forms of motorsport like MotoGP and LMS.

However their budget for extreme sports is arround the same as their F1 budget, as Snowboarding and Skateboarding for example is as big an industry as F1. Every year the often sponsor upward of 300 events every year at various levels and also have a group of arround 150-200 stars they sponsor every year to a minimum level of €100,000 a year.

The rest of the marketiung budget is spent in traditional forms like TV, newspaper and billboard ads. However many of theese are also are B2B (Back To Backed) with the sports they are involved with.

However they also spend a small ammount of arround €200m of their marketing budget buying shelf space in shops (as i well know) as some shops charge £1500 per 2 week period for a prominent posistion in the shop. This is a bill of arround £65,000 for a year in the shop i work in and thats for a 1.70 meter of space. Thats small in comparison to what Coke pay per year, thats closer to £250,000 a year. This is also covered in a marketing budget.

Hope that answers the Red Bull Marketing budget, and how marketing budgets are covered.

CHT
CHT

ESPImperium wrote:I have been told its arround €2.2 Billion. Of that €500m is devoted to F1 activities with €325m to Red Bull and €145m to STR with €10m to Hispania for last year and €20m to young driver development in other series.

Theey spend arround 40% of their F budget in other forms of motorsport like MotoGP and LMS.

However their budget for extreme sports is arround the same as their F1 budget, as Snowboarding and Skateboarding for example is as big an industry as F1. Every year the often sponsor upward of 300 events every year at various levels and also have a group of arround 150-200 stars they sponsor every year to a minimum level of €100,000 a year.

The rest of the marketiung budget is spent in traditional forms like TV, newspaper and billboard ads. However many of theese are also are B2B (Back To Backed) with the sports they are involved with.

However they also spend a small ammount of arround €200m of their marketing budget buying shelf space in shops (as i well know) as some shops charge £1500 per 2 week period for a prominent posistion in the shop. This is a bill of arround £65,000 for a year in the shop i work in and thats for a 1.70 meter of space. Thats small in comparison to what Coke pay per year, thats closer to £250,000 a year. This is also covered in a marketing budget.

Hope that answers the Red Bull Marketing budget, and how marketing budgets are covered.
thanks for the insight. Very aggressive marketing I must say. Sure it will be very interesting to be working in Redbull marketing department.