What will happen to Petrov now?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zmiles2

What will happen to Petrov now?

With Grosjean now paired with Räkkönen at Renault, where does Vitaly Petrov end up at for 2012?
Zach Miles- Purdue University
"Who's call was it to bring me in?...Frickin Terrible idea"
-Lewis Hamilton

cbbcisace

Re: What will happens to Petrov now?

HRT me thinks...

Tyler

His best chances now are probably either Williams or Marussia.
There is talk of problems with Maldonado's PDVSA money and if he doesn't bring in the money Williams will show him the door very quickly.
Because of the Russian connection, people are linking Petrov with a move to Marussia next year.
As far as I'm aware though Marussia have already given Glock and Pic contracts.
Depending on how much money Petrov brings with him, maybe he'll force Glock out or maybe he'll be a test driver until a seat opens up in 2013.

bhall

Vodka. Lots and lots of vodka.

Tyler

Actually cbbcisace, you could be right about that - it just depends on how desperate he is for a drive next year.
HRT need the money and as far as we know their 2nd seat is still free so this is a possibility.

zmiles2

I'd definitely like to see him in a Williams seat next year, I'm not sure what the status with Barrichello is but I think there could be a solid chance.
-Lewis Hamilton

Raptor22

I find the way Renault now Lotus handles their drivers to be very short sighted.
In PEtrov they had a promising and talented young driver who needed time to bed in.
Same with Senna. So now they swop out a the two youngers for another youngster and I'll bet Grosjean is not going to outperform Senna and Petrov.

I think Grojean is just cheaper so Boullier can now afford more hair gel

timbo

Raptor22 wrote:I think Grojean is just cheaper so Boullier can now afford more hair gel
Petrov cost nothing. But I wonder whether there were problems with his sponsors.
And I agree that Bollier driver strategy is bad. How they gonna gauge where their car is performance-wise compared to last year? And they need this info because of Raikkonen.

raymondu999

If you're talking from a team point of view; Grosjean could probably be used to benchmark the car's performance based on his FP times. He did a few FP sessions this year if I remember correctly.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

timbo

raymondu999 wrote:If you're talking from a team point of view; Grosjean could probably be used to benchmark the car's performance based on his FP times. He did a few FP sessions this year if I remember correctly.
He did 2 practices. And what he was capable in qualifying and the race is a loooong approximation.

Trailer23

Does anyone really care what happens with him...?

zmiles2

Trailer23 wrote:Does anyone really care what happens with him...?
I wouldn't say I'm a fan of his but I think he is a damn solid driver and definitely deserves a seat other than Marussia or HRT.
-Lewis Hamilton

yace

at redbull! because he offered helped them a lot to get the title in 2010...

(i'm kidding, of course!)
ImageImageImage

Trailer23

Seriously..., Petrov (to me) is about as useful as an ashtray on an F1 car.

Rarely does he have a good start. He lacks pace. He defends well (that is probably his only quality) & he can't even overtake Saubers.

I'm hoping this is the last we've seen of him - but I have been proven wrong in the past.

timbo

Trailer23 wrote:Rarely does he have a good start.
WHAT????